What do you think Simon's voice sounds like?

a0201

I really dont care if Simon can sing or not, whoever said that to be an expert on something you have to also be a master of the craft of which you judge....Simon is from all intents and purposes an expert of his craft which to my understanding is marketing a talent and doing it very successfully, so in my opinion he really doesnt need to be a great singer much less an under par singer to be able to be a judge and outspoken advocate of a job he excels at......so no ..I'd ask him for a damn job, and for him to wear more V-neck's with out no undershirt more often.

I'm pretty sure I've seen clips during the first auditions each season where Paula/Randy/Simon "talk" about this. Usually after Paula gets upset with one of Simon's comments to a contestant and she says something like, "Id like to see you get up there and do that!" It doesn't bother Simon one iota that he can't actually sing/dance/perform. That's not what he's there for... Simon's talent , is reckognizing talent.

Simon is very good at his job and AI would certainly be very boring indeed if all we heard was Randy's "Hey dawg - Lets hear it from the dawg pound" etc. etc. and Paula gushing and giving standing ovations to every contestant. Simon puts reality in reality TV IMHO. ;) Oh - and I don't care whether or not he can sing - that's not what the show is about.

He'd probably sound like a guy from Monty Python singing-----

Say what you want about Simon. He runs lika a bulldozer over everybody's feelings and has absolutely no tact , and no filter to tell him he's going too far. But throw out all that stuff, and his criticisms probably have more validity than Paula and Randy, at least Paula, who seems to be scared to death to hurt somebody's feelings, and seems to need approval from the contestants, rather than the other way around.

Archived