Mandisa

nebartist

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one of if not THE best voice in the competition..but not Idol material

I agree QW... but, I won't be surprised if she wins... there is a lot of support for her. I like her but, there are a couple I like more. She's in my top four though and "the big stage" can change things for some of these contestants... maybe she'll move up my list. :)

yes once they hit that bigger stage it all changes, only the strong will survive.. I like her , I hope she wins..well her or Ace

I love her too...She is a great singer.I think she will win.If not she will make it close to the end,Very close.

And I was so mad at Simons comment to her about the bigger stage.She is a very pretty girl with a smile to brighten anyones day.And I was so proud when she stood up to Simon about his comment.Right there I knew id be her biggest fan...lol

GO MANDISA!!!!!

Beleive it or not i thought faith hills cry was a bad song choice for her. The beggining was tough but she wailed it and tailed it and in the end good job girl! and they keep calling her diva which could be code for big momma

How about the songs they sang last week? Or are you a week behind? :mellow:

She was just okay for me tonight (Randy voice....lol) Still love her and I think she'll be around til the end.

I thought she started off the song bad.But by the middle she was really good.

She is still one of my favorites.

I dont know.I went to have a shower after Mandisa sang while my 5 yr old FINALLY slept...lol so I dont really know how the rest were after that.

Stevie Wonder liked her-----said she reminded him of Fantasia. I kinda thought that week 1. Fantasia may have been a little more consistent, but when Mandisa is wailin', there's really no difference.

As far as not being "Idol material", I started thinking of past winners and people who have been really successful. It seems to me that people who aren't considered idol material have had an equal rate of success as the ones who are. Ruben Studdard and Fantasia Barrino both won the whole thing. Neither of them would be considered the prototypical American Idol. Kelly and Carrie were. After Idol, the two most "successful" have probably been Kelly and Clay----one an idol, one not. The conclusion I reached is that it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, the best singers are gonna rise to the top. The voters don't care if you have a reading disability, if you're an unwed mother, if you're overweight, or whatever. I doubt if there's such a thing as "Idol material".

Was it Paris? I thought it was Mandisa, but you could be right.I thought it was after he worked with Mandisa, and he was telling us his impressions of her----maybe not. I did get the feeling that he was impressed with Taylor, Mandisa, and Lisa , though.

I meant Taylor, Mandisa, and Paris.

I'm posting after the show on 3/21, and I was thinking that after Mandisa's performance , everybody else should have gone home and conceded. :lol:

But then I heard the rest of the show and was reminded that there are other fine voices as well. Regardless, Mandisa should win this competition. I just don't think she will. People vote for a variety of reasons.

But , she can always work with Barry---- :D

Damn, not again. I hate when that happens.

Wait, this is different. It does not have Mandisa's name attached to that phone number. It correctly identifies Taylor with his correct phone number. The last time the name actually had the wrong number below it.

And since Mandisa performed directly after Taylor, this could be a split second still shot when they changed from Taylor to Mandisa and the name just didn't change over yet. The more I think about it, I don't think it's a problem unless they never put Mandisa's name & correct phone number.

You would think that after all of the money this show gets, being the crown jewel of Fox's lineup, this wouldn't happen. If this is their way of getting rid of the "big girl", there will be Hell to pay.

Go Mandisa!!!

Really disappointed in last night performance... the vocals were just awful but, she did pick it up at the end and saved herself from being worse that Kelly.

Archived