Elliott Yamin

nebartist

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like him, his face is still purtier than .........whatever the gray headed guy's name is, even if he can chew his way through a barb wire fence with those teeth

yeah i donno i find him cute in away the teeth are kinda scary though

Great voice!

I'm with you suds... it's more than just singing ability. I really like Elliot and hope he does well but, the first thing they'll have to do if he wins this is fix the boys teeth.

Image. Hmmm, that means probably Mandisa won't make it either. Her image isn't "idolish" (but we all know she can sing.)

No, Elliott isn't handsome and could use some braces but I hope he does well in the competition. I consider him one of my favorites.

This is a singing competetion!! (I seem to remember someone saying that to me when i said something *gasp* bad about Taylor) :lol:

Anywho I read somewhere he has Diabetes.. also read that it could have effected his teeth? Don't know if any of that is true...

ruben wasnt a cover girl model but he won...and clay aiken second and selling all those cd's, i dont believe he'll ever have a sports illustrated pull out poster either......so, c'mon...........elliott

I agree it's not all about looks... or singing... or performance. It's a combination of all those things. Who knows why we accept less vocals from one performer because of style or the "it" factor while we will over look some of the "looks" because of voice.

That's what makes this competition so interesting to me. Taylor's looks don't bother me but, he's definately not a typical. Elliot isn't the most good looking guy on the block but, his vocals are so incredible that I really would like to see him go far in this competition.

We all see hot singing artists on the charts now that don't have the best vocals but, have the look and then we also have the artists that can blow but, not the "hottest" thing out there. I guess that's why we vote for the combination of all three that appeals to us.

I agree it's not all about looks... or singing... or performance. It's a combination of all those things. Who knows why we accept less vocals from one performer because of style or the "it" factor while we will over look some of the "looks" because of voice.

That's what makes this competition so interesting to me. Taylor's looks don't bother me but, he's definately not a typical. Elliot isn't the most good looking guy on the block but, his vocals are so incredible that I really would like to see him go far in this competition.

We all see hot singing artists on the charts now that don't have the best vocals but, have the look and then we also have the artists that can blow but, not the "hottest" thing out there. I guess that's why we vote for the combination of all three that appeals to us.

You are absolutely correct, speaking as a mature adult, evaluating a performance. However, there are teenage girls out there voting for the guys on their looks and sex appeal. Same for the guys - if a girl is pretty or is well endowed, they will overlook those flat notes every time! ;)

I think Simon was right - Kevin got the "granny" vote and he stayed while someone who sang much better is already sitting at home. :(

Millions of fans flock to a Willie Nelson concert. Not because of his looks! And not necessarily because he can sing.( I like him. But I'm old)...LOL

But because he has that 'something' that just draws folks to him.

What i'm trying to say is that if Willie can make it....then Elliott can too. He's surely not as fugly as Willie ....Is he?

LOL... well that is true but, you have to remember that most of the old guys and gals got their fans by radio and you didn't necessarily know what they looked like until a concert and even then, no jumbo trons back then... LOL

Everyone seems so contradictory here. "It's a singing competition!" "You need to have the whole package." And most of this, we hear from the judges. One time they will say how someone is not really that great of a singer, but they have that 'it' factor that will take them far. Other times they say how it is really only about the singing.

I think it's silly to think it's only about the singing. But I also don't think you have to look a certain way, to be a pop star. I think we get a bit tired of the 'pretty boy', and the 'barbie' look.

His odd looks might be helping him. It might be part of his appeal.

His voice doesn't do a lot for me. But his looks don't bother me at all. But then again, I'm probably older than a lot of you, and not looking for 'eye candy'! At least not in twenty-somethings!

I'm also no voice expert. It's just not my taste. The judges certainly think he's 'all that' though.

i still really like him, i do have to kinda look away from the screen a bit when he performs...i hope he earns a load of money to get that fixed

a trip to the dentist and a new hairstyle

3/22

Elliot is a good singer, but he's in a lot of trouble tonight.

There's a website that has had pretty good success in predicting people who are sent home, by the technique of continual dialing and determining the percentage of busy signals. Tonight, they predict a bottom three of Bucky, Lisa, and Elliot----with Elliot leaving.

Bear in mind they're not right all of the time, but it's worrisome with the amount he is behind the 2nd to the last place finisher. There are 5 or 6 people who should go before Elliot.

Like I said, people vote for a lot of reasons, and unfortunately voice is only one of those things. Let's just hope that they're wrong this time-----

This was the Elliott I remembered from early in the competition... it was good to see him back at his best.

very overrated not impress my his voice at all

Archived