katharine.jpg

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Audition City: San Francisco

Favorite Female Artist:

Whitney

Favorite Male Artist:

Brian McKnight

Discuss Here

I DONT KNOW WHAT SIMON SEES IN KELLI BUT THIS GIRL IS THE CUTIES GIRL ON IDOL THIS YEAR. IMHO SHE ALSO WAS THE BEST VOICE. ONE OF THE FEW SINGERS THAT APPEALS TO BOTH WHITE AND BLACK AUDIENCE WITH HER VOCAL TALENTS

i agree, this girl is awesome!

I agree too... she's my favotie "girl" but, this is one of the contestants that worries me about how she might handle the nerves on the big stage. Hope she pulls it/keeps it together!

She should last quite a while. I put her in my final four or five. Mandisa, Chris, Taylor, Melissa-----after that anything can happen.

She and Kelli have gotta be the cutest set of roommates in Idol history.

Great looks, great voice. Should go far. She seems to have the whole package and I agree that she appeals to a varied audience. ;)

girls got it but shes gotta get some charisma and get it fast. She needs to connect with the audience when she sings. All is Fair In Love and War didnt work

girls got it but shes gotta get some charisma and get it fast. She needs to connect with the audience when she sings. All is Fair In Love and War didnt work

She was my favorite performance tonight... love the layers of her voice.

and she didnt seem awkward on stage for once!! it was great

Cute.But I doona know if 'cute' is enough.Even her dancin & o'erall body language when she's talkin is cutesy in a geeky kinda way.Like her but I was hopin tae see someone stun me this time...ye ken?

I think I know what ya mean, scotty. If it was only about voice, she'd be top2 or 3. But there's something about her , can't quite put my finger on it, the way she relates to the audience maybe, that's a little different. The way she presents the song can be a little underwhelming too. she comes across as being a shy kid whos learned how to be outgoing, but still has that residual shyness. Tremendous voice, though. Maybe the only female that can compete with Mandisa voice-wise. {And I think she loses that battle though}.

3/21

Did a good job with the 50's torch song tonight. She's no Mandisa, but she should be around for a long time.

The person that invented double-sided tape should be shot-----

I love Katharine!! She is beautiful, great voice, down to earth personality, and just an awesome stage presence! And Mandisa has nothing on her. Katharine is the total package, whereas Mandisa is beautiful and has a great voice, but she does nothing to make me want to watch her - doesn't excite me at all.

GO KATHARINE!!!

Tremendous voice, though. Maybe the only female that can compete with Mandisa voice-wise. {And I think she loses that battle though}.

You are so right on the money, she's losing the battle to Mandisa all the way around, but she is definitely good enough to be competing with Mandisa. Katharine really does a great job.

Katherine has a very nice voice and deserves to be in the top 5 at least. But there is something about the way she performs that i dont like. She has this slinky walk she does with every performance. Like she is trying too hard to seduce the audience. It doesnt come naturally You can tell Katherine and Constintino went to the same school :blink:

I think I've finally pinned doown wha' it is I find just a wee bit off aboot her.She's goofy in an endearing sort o' way.But I doona really want tae buy CD's from a sweet goof let alone pay tae watch her perform.I like her.But doona think she's wha' I consider a true strong AI. :)

I like her more and more... she really has a great voice. Only thing I don't like though is she comes off a little "stagey" sometimes, if that makes sense?

I like her more and more... she really has a great voice. Only thing I don't like though is she comes off a little "stagey" sometimes, if that makes sense?

very stagey was a fan but not no more. it seem like idol is pushing for her to make final two or win the show.

Wake-up call, Kat! Bottom two. Wow. I was surprised, and I'm past the point of being surprised by anything-----and she looked shell-shocked. She wasn't great Thursday night, but there were certainly others that were worse. I guess it was a question of the relative amount of suckage they all exhibited-----

tries too hard to be a priness. vocally was ok not great

Tonight was country night, and Kat nailed "Bringin' Out the Elvis In Me". More important, this was the first week that she looked like she was really having fun up there. This should keep her out of the bottom three for this week.

I really liked Katharine tonight! She had fun (most didn't seem to enjoy this music) sang great, as usual. She still has that "performance/stagey" thing going on but, I still like her a lot.

I juist dont see what the hoopla is about this girl, personally I think she is way overrated jmo. Anyway I would not be surprised to see her in bottom 3 this week.

yep but the hoop la is why i said the judges are edgeing her to a victory

she tries to hard :o

Sign in to follow this