Chris Daughtry

nebartist

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's wrong with creed? ..no hostility, just being nosey. i think chris kinda sounds like scott stapp...same raspy voice and same range. since scott left creed, they grabbed a new singer and called themselves alter bridge...great music! :D chris could sing anything and i'd still watch!

they were ok when they first came out, but my problem lies with Scott Stapp, and not the whole band i guess. Scott Stapp is the biggest duechebag toolbox asshole ever. and he ruins the music for me

they were ok when they first came out, but my problem lies with Scott Stapp, and not the whole band i guess. Scott Stapp is the biggest duechebag toolbox asshole ever. and he ruins the music for me

Did you work with me at a bar when they came and played? Mikede, you took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!! :lol:

TOTAL toolbox!!

Oh, and I like Chris, too. He reminds me of a filled-out version on my husband's friend. Wierd.

Did you work with me at a bar when they came and played? Mikede, you took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!! :lol:

TOTAL toolbox!!

Oh, and I like Chris, too. He reminds me of a filled-out version on my husband's friend. Wierd.

i would have had to have taken the night off for reasons of sanity .. .. lol

i love chris, but i have this feeling .. .. .. lol

i agree that scott stapp is a total asshole. i like the old creed music. his new stuff is inspired by his christian roots he says. i wonder was he thinking about his christian roots when taping a chick sucking on his unit!

read on another thread that chris daughtry was indeed offered a job with fuel and he turned it down to see how far he could go on ai. i wonder how much truth there is to it. apparently it was on access hollywood.

I agree with Simon that this was the only performance that could be made into a chart topping record. But, that's because his was the only one that didn't sound like a Stevie Wonder song. (Not dissing Stevie... it's just that his music isn't todays music... that's why we have "sampling"... lol)

I li' Creed.If I judged bands by the individuals in them on a personal basis,I'd hate most o' them,aye!

Chris sings?Guess I better turn up me volume.I was happy tae just sit & stare at him.*chin wipe*

I agree with Simon that this was the only performance that could be made into a chart topping record.

Umm.....it already was....Has nobody heard the Red Hot Chili Peppers version. (which is what Chris sang last night). He was good, very good but not as original as either Simon or Randy thought.

Um, im sure Simon knew that, especially since they said it like 10 times before he sang!!!!! And, it wasnt a Chili peppers version, ora stevie wonder version, They meant, it was a whole new version that he could sell as a record, the Chris Daughtry version. There are plenty of artists that have done songs two or three people have already done

Any BigBrother fans out there to agree/disagree that Chris is a tad similar to Eric of BB6?

Now don't be thinking personality.... I'm not going there (necessarily). Just physical type.

Umm.....it already was....Has nobody heard the Red Hot Chili Peppers version. (which is what Chris sang last night). He was good, very good but not as original as either Simon or Randy thought.

I thought it was really close to the Chill's version, too. There was a break or two that was a little different, but for the most part, I thought it was the same. I'm not sure how he "made it his own". Maybe because it sounded like they were playing the Chili's album in the background, I just didn't hear it. He DID sound different than the other contestants, but not original by any stretch.

I agree with you Nemile...he wasnt original at all...it was the same as the chili peppers. He sang a remake (Chili Peppers) of the original song (Stevie Wonder)....Chris copied that song pretty much the same...no originality at all....yes he was good...I like that song alot...both versions. He didnt "make it his own" like Simon and Randy was saying to everyone else in the competition....just with more clothes on....get it...the sock ....get it? :huh: the sock...more clothes... :unsure:

3/21

"I Walk the Line" in a minor key-----hm-m-m-m-m-----I think The Band did something like that on a "Live" album. Can't say as I cared much for the arrangement then, either.

But having said that, I think he sang it well---it may have been one of those performances that you have to hear a few times to appreciate.

Reading a few of the posts just above mine, I got this horrible mental image of Eric being Chris's "mini-me"----- :lol::lol::lol:

Archived