Carrie Underwood

tabitha

My home girl did alright tonight. Not her best for certain. I wish she'd loosen up a little! She is looking pretty stiff.

Otherwise, got to give my props to Carrie from Checotah!! (screaming wildly!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :o

Get down, girl!!! :lol:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CARRIE UNDERWOOD - (21) From Checotah, OK (Auditioned in St. Louis) - Carrie Underwood, who was born and raised in Checotah, OK, has spent her entire life on a farm. Currently, Carrie is a senior at Northeastern State University, studying mass communications. Carrie is the youngest of three sisters and plays guitar and piano. She loves animals and rescues strays from the surrounding area. .

blcarrieunderwood9iz.th.jpg

Thanks for the info salter-path! I have been very busy lately. Not sure where you did this stuff, but keep digging. Checotah is a beautiful town and countryside. I'll try to do some digging myself and learn how to post pictures from this new-fangled machine. It's a LOT different from my '96 model!! Boy, when I step into the 21st Century, I really do it up righteous!! So far, I'm completely mesmerized by the visualizations in Windows Media Player!! Mellow Yellow came on and I had it on Battery Random. I was so wishing I was younger and still partied...

:wink:

Guest Anonymous
Last night was definitely not Carrie's best performance.

Nope -- it wasn't -- but she still has perfect pitch -- a smooth voice and as Simon said -- knows herself musically. I predict she'll go far.

And I, as well. I'm worried if she doesn't start working the crowd it's going to hinder her. You have to make love to them. Nadia knows. Amanda knew. Jessica knows. I wish she'd watch and learn!!

I miss the local news a lot due to my schedule. I don't know how much they are hyping her up lately. OH! I need to make time to look into this!!!

I am horrible!! :x

I went looking for some photos of Checotah, Oklahoma. The best I could find was the following website link to TravelOK.com. The area Carrie is from is around the Northeastern corner of the state. Very near Lake Eufaula. She isn't far from Lake Tenkiller and Grande Lake. The landscape is beautiful where she lives. There is a photo of a river that is a dead ringer for the Illinois River which runs right through Checotah. But it is not captioned, so I am not sure what river it really is. Also there is a beautiful sunset photo, titled "Sunset in Oklahoma" that the fine folks of Checotah would see each day from her town. It is very beautiful. Nothing quite like the view from our capital, Oklahoma City, that's for sure!!

Our state, of course, has a very rich Native American history. There is plenty more on the website to see. :wink:

http://www.travelok.com/fun_center/gallery/gallery.asp

Guest conniejoe

Bite your tongue, Blondies_fan. Every time you get behind a contestant, they get booted! :shock:

...it's the old Dolly's_fan Kiss-Of-Death thing!! :rofl

OMG! Carrie kicked ass tonight! What a voice that girl has!

Simon's prediction is that she is the "person to win" and will outsell any previous AI winner!!!! I have to agree and I've only seen her and Anthony so far on my tape!!

Go Carrie! You rocked the house, sister girl!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Guest Anonymous

I think Carrie took the night -- but it seemed to me that Jessica just didn't bring it. I don't think it'll get her bottom 3 -- but I wasn't impressed. AND.... Total Eclipse of the Heart is one of my favorite songs. (so maybe I'm a little biased -- she's no Bonnie Tyler.)

Guest XandraSkye

I will be shocked if it doesn't come down to Carrie and Bo at the end.

I loved Carrie's performance so much that I can't bring myself to delete last week's episode and I've rewatched it about 5 times now. I just loved the way she belted out that song. It gave me chills.

Guest Anonymous

I think you're right about Carrie -- but I think it won't be Bo competing in the last two. He's good -- but he's not that good.

Carrie is great though -- Simon is right -- she has the "IT" factor.

Guest Anonymous

Ok ya know? That's such a tough call. Nadia is in my top 4. (Started off with a top three until I really listened to Carrie) I think the final four will be Carrie, Constantine, Bo, and Nadia. Where they go from there will reall depend on their performances.

Guest Anonymous

The thing about he voice is that it comes so easily to her. Every song she's sung just seems to be a natural effortless performance.

Archived