Episode 2.18: Dave (Hurley-Centric)

Jem

Episode 2.18: Title Unknown (Hurley-Centric)

Airdate: Spring 2006

Note: It is not confirmed that this will be episode 2.18 but it looks likely.

Promotional photos of episode.

normal_dave-promo02.jpg

normal_dave-promo03.jpg

normal_dave-promo04.jpg

normal_dave-promo05.jpg

source - lost-media.com

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 2.18: Dave (Hurley-Centric)

Airdate: April 5, 2006

Note: It is possible that this also be somewhat Libby-centric. See our Libby-centric episodic spoilers below for more.

• 03/21 - Guest starring are Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Evan Handler as Dave, Bruce Davison as Dr. Brooks, Ron Bottitta as Leonard and Grisel Toledo as nurse. Source: ABC
  • 03/15 - Libby lends Hurley support when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him, and Locke's sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner provides new information about the hatch. Source: ABC
  • 03/11 - Lost has hooked up Sex and the City's Evan Handler with a plum guest-star gig: The former Hot Properties shrink will appear in an April episode that delves into the past of Hurley. How deeply? The unlikely Sex symbol will play someone Hurley knew from his days at the mental institution. Source: TV Guide
  • 03/08 - When Hurley flashes back to his mental-institution days next month, we're going to meet an old friend of his who looks a lot like Charlotte's husband on Sex and the City. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 03/01 - The episode will feature Phil, a mid-20s/early-30s affable man

• 2 weeks later...

5 minutes longer than normal...hmmm...now what does that mean?

P.S. Thanks for the clips, Jem. I forgot to check this week...wow there are alot of them!

I thought it was pretty obvious that guy was imaginary.

I still loved this episode. I about busted a gut laughing so hard when Hurley was attacking Sawyer. Just those moments when Sawyer was triyng to get away and was pulled back under the tarp. And then everyone standing around and just watching... OMG too funny!!! :lol:

I do have to say.. I actually started feeling kinda sorry for Henry. I dunno, just when he started saying that they would kill him and that he's not really a bad person and such. I felt kinda bad for him.

I don't let this get to me though... he's still evil as all get out!

When he was explaining what happened when he just let the timer go by.... I wonder what did happen when he was explaining the thing about the magnets? That was pretty interesting. I think maybe before when the place was still new... something would've happened when the timer ran out.

OR maybe something did happen but it's not as big as everyone thought it would be.

It can't all just be for nothing!

When he was explaining what happened when he just let the timer go by.... I wonder what did happen when he was explaining the thing about the magnets? That was pretty interesting. I think maybe before when the place was still new... something would've happened when the timer ran out.

OR maybe something did happen but it's not as big as everyone thought it would be.

It can't all just be for nothing!

Or maybe he IS lying to Locke...who knows? This whole episode left me with many more questions than answers.

One question I have been mulling over for awhile and I'm probably totally offbase on is this: if this was all planned- that is, if someone or ones (Hanso Corp?)caused the plane to crash and for those specific people to be on flight 815, could people from their past be a part of the whole thing so as to manipulate them. I'm thinking in particular:

Desmond or Jack's father/Jack

Psychologist or Libby/Hurley

Locke's dad or mom or Helen/Locke

The military guy who got Sayid to torture or Nadia/Sayid

I know I'm just fishing for something...I swear, this show positively sends my brain into overload!!!

You might be onto something there kayo.

Jun/Jin maybe Jun's Dad

Hurley maybe David

Charlie maybe his brother

Claire maybe her mom or the Psychic

Kate maybe her mom.

Maybe it's part of a redemption "string." Locke's father tries to start over by faking his death. Hanso corp. finds him and they offer to help... only thing is... has to recommend someone else for redemption too. Jack's father kinda goes on this walkabout and see's Sawyer at one point... where we see him reflect over the things he's done wrong. Hanso corp. finds him too, or maybe they find Hanso.? Anyways... something like that?!? :unsure:

I like the idea of people in the past having something to do with why the Survivors are here.

I got excited when I figured out that Dave wasn't real. Then I started thinking that the whole island was really a psychotic experiment and the Survivors were really in an institution. The episode reminded me of an Ray Bradbury short story I read when I was a kid, and the movie "Identity". The I got more confused... :(

I was expecting Libby's picture to be on the doctor's desk, like maybe his wife or something...but then OH SNAP, there she is. A patient!!

I'm wondering if there was really a magnetic surge when the hatch was going hay-wire, could it have something to do with Hurley's psychotic episode. If so, is Libby about to meltdown, too?

When everyone was going crazy over the food drop, why didn't anyone ask "do you think this stuff is drugged?" People have to start wondering.

Please clear something up, did Ana Lucia see Zeke in an earlier episode? I thought only Kate, Jack, Sawyer and Loche were face to face with him. She asked Henry about "him" being the guy with the beard. How did she know he had a beard?

Once again, WHY HAS KATE OR CLAIR NOT TOLD ANYONE ABOUT THE OTHER HATCH???

This was found at thetailsection.com

basket26nc-714751.jpg

Looks like Henry Gale (the real one) and his balloon were sponsored by the chicken company Hurly worked at. But how did the get such a good shot of the balloon? :huh:

Reyes' Anatomy

by Scott Brown

http://www.ew.com

When Hurley starts seeing his imaginary playmate Dave, Libby helps him confront his eating issues; plus, prisoner Henry keeps tormenting his captors...

162227__hurley_l.jpg

Greetings, my imaginary readers. Before making the existential cliff dive off this computer and into bed, I'll share with you some of my crazier thoughts/rants/hallucinations about tonight's episode.

Suffice it to say I have wildly mixed feelings. I'm rather protective of the Hugo character. I don't like to see him abused. Falling back on the fat thing

Jem, thanks for posting this article/blog...excellent stuff! Regarding his question on what Eko is building...my guess is that it's a church.

I agree kayo. I think they told us tonight and I saw pictures posted on cubit.net (love the site).

Jem...Did you happen to notice that when you scroll all the way down the page on cubit.net...There is something in the lower right hand corner that you can click on....Heres a pic of it. I couldn't enlarge it enough to read the middle part clearly. Could only read the #'s and "the end???"

Well now I have a new site to check out- thanks again, Jem! :)

Archived