The Results Show

Fuskie

Will not be revealed until the end of the hour. So be patient, there is 55 minutes of filler ahead.

After the pointless banter between Ryan and Simon with occasional charlie horses by Paula, the obligitory group song took place, Taking It Easy by The Eagles. The voices that stood out are the ones that do not know how to adapt to the song. Look for them to be voted off first.

Next we have the performance recaps. They didn't get any better in the recap. Let's not rehash history. Let's get on to who will be safe tonight. Right after we chat with the girls. Brenna is like a duck, calm on the surface, paddling crazy under water. She must use that hair as a floatation device. Becky admits to being the most nervous. Who will be safe tonight?

The back row stands up. Mandisa, Kellie, Paris, Ayla, Lisa and Katherine. You are all safe.

Now the bottom row. Heather, Stevie and Melissa. You do not have the lowest number of votes.

Brenna, Kinnik and Becky, you will find out who had the least number of votes... After the break.

Brenda, Becky and Kinnik. Kinnik, you are safe. Brenna, you are safe. Becky, you are going home. Could it be that the Maxim spread worked against her? Could she have modeling to fall back upon? Simon suggested that line of work, with not a small trace of scorn. Becky sings her goodbye song. One down, three to go.

Now we say hello to the guys. Who will we say goodbye to first? Kevin flirts with the Kitty Pound. The back row stands up. They are all safe. Ace and Elliot have a seat. Are they safe? Kevin, Chris, have a seat. Bobby and Sway, to the center of the stage. That's the tall and short of it. One of these had the lowest number of votes and will find out... right now. Bobby, you are going home. Sway, you're safe.

Bobby takes pride in being in the top 24 and having performed for 30 million viewers. Paula calls it musical comedy, as Bobby takes us to the Copacabana one more time, this time with less energy as we say goodbye. Two down, two more to go.

Bobby Bennett and Becky O'Donohue gone because they did not receive enough votes. The ladies are back in the spotlight. The back row is safe again. Brenna, you are safe. Kinnik, you are safe. Melissa, you are safe. Stevie and Heather. Stevie, you are leaving us tonight.

All the judges agreed it was the wrong song, as she performs it one last ethereal time. Two girls gone, one guy left to go. Time is running out for one American Idol.

The Front Row is all safe. The back row lines up on stage in two single file lines. Patrick and Bucky, step to the side. Taylor and Will, take a seat, you are safe. Gideon and David. you are safe. Bucky and Patric, one of you had the 2nd lowest number of votes. Bucky, it's not you leaving tonight. Patrick, your journey ends.

And there you have it. 55 minutes into the program, Patrick sings us a goodbye song, joining Bobby, Becky and Stevie on the bus home. Next week, the top 20 will be widdled down once again. Eight of them will not make the final twelve. On Amerian Idol.

Fuskie

Who was surprised that Patrick did not make it, but not surprised at the other three...

I don't think Patrick should have gone this week but, the other three were fine by me. And, I don't see Brenna making it to the final 12 so she'll be gone soon enough.... I hope. :)

Well, let's face it . None of these four was gonna last more than another week anyway. I probably would've picked David Radford instead Of Patrick Hall, but David should be gone next anyway, unless he ties pulls a John Stevens. And Brenna will be gone next week, also. Some of these people are plagued by really corny performance skills {Bobby, David} or no performance skills at all. I'm worried about Ayla. She has a nice voice, but she's as exciting as watching grass grow. Stevie song selection was weak. With the right song, she might have hung on.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Booted Becky Happy with Idol Exposure

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060227insider3.jpg

Becky O'Donahue, American Idol

And then there were 20. Fox's robust new season of American Idol (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 pm/ET) really and truly got underway last week when four of the two dozen semifinalists got shown the door, all because they were shown a paucity of auto-dialing and text-messaging love. TVGuide.com talked with Becky O'Donahue

Guest blahsno1fan

It makes me wonder if they are suppose to say nice things about each other in the contract. Never do you hear about someone not likeing somebody. :huh: I am not even on the show and I dont like some of them. Maybe just one, but I guess in person she might be different.

This week, 20 will become 16. Their performances, your votes, your results. Tonight on... American Idol.

Thursday night means more eliminations, but we are also bringing someone back tonight, Carrie Underwood will be here tonight. Over 42 million votes were cast for your American Idol.

But first, the obligatory group song, Love The One Your With by CSN&Y. The only good thing about the group song is you can see that Gedeon does know how to dance, and Bucky does not. Neither does Ace, but Will can. Taylor can't, neither can David. Chris can dance, Kevin can't. As for the women, if they look good, who cares if they can dance - guys just want good conversation anyway.

Welcome back, we have to say goodbye to 4 people. Great shows for the guys and gals as we take a look back. We revisit the seat shifting. We revisit the song choice controversy, the one thing all three judges had in common. Once the retrospective is completed, the judges comments rehashed, it was time. Time to introduce last year's American Idol, Carrie Underwood.

Carrie talks with Ryan as an equal, not as a contestant. On a budget, Carrie cast her mom in the role of Mom in her new video. Tonight, Carrie performed Jesus, Take The Wheel. Since she is not competing, I will refrain from critiquing her performance, other than to say she has grown as an artist but I still hold that she should have been on Nashville Star instead of AI.

And now, 20 minutes into the show, it is time for the results. The ladies will go first. Lisa, you are not in the bottom three tonight. Ayla, you are not in the bottom three tonight. Katherine, you are safe. Mandissa, you are safe. Kinnik, you are in the bottom three tonight. Brenna, you are also in the bottom three tonight. Kelly, you are not in the bottom three. Paris, you are safe. Heather and Melissa. Melissa is safe, Heather rounds out the bottom three. One of them will be safe, the other two will be going home tonight.

Heather and Kinnik take a seat; Brenna is going home with the lowest number of votes. I would say that her farewell song was worse than her competition performance, but it is not nice to kick someone when they are down. I am no expert, but I do not recall 20th place Idols getting recording contracts.

Melissa and Kinnik. One of them has the 2nd lowest number of votes. One of them is going home. Kinnik is safe, Heather is going home. Heather gathers herself and sings a decent encore of her competition song, garnering the conciliatory applause of the audience. Heather and Brenna are gone. Is the next American Idol to be found in the remaining 8 women?

For the girls, it's all over. But for the guys it's just beginning. Bucky, you are not in the bottom three. Ace, you are not in the bottom three. Elliott, you are safe. Sway, you are in the bototm three. Taylor, you are safe. David, you are in the bottom three. Chris, you are not in the bottom three. Gedeon, you are not in the bottom three. Which leaves Kevin and Will. Kevin, you are in the bottom three; Will, you are safe.

Kevin and Sway, you can sit down. David, you have the lowest number of votes and are leaving tonight. David is at a loss for words, as he sweetly seranades the audience one last tonight. With one guy left to go, the ladies come down to the stage, joined by the guys, to send David off, with tears from Paris.

Kevin and Sway return to the stage. One of them has 2nd lowest number of votes and will be going home. Simon predicts Sway. He was right. Kevin is safe, Sway is going home. He reprises his final solo performance in front of his mother and brother, the dog and poodle pounds, the judges, the audience and America. The other contestants do not crowd him on the stage until his song comes to an end.

The sweet sixteen have only one week to live; next week four more will fall by the wayside as America determines the final twelve. Which of the remaining contestants will be the next American Idol?

Fuskie

Who thinks America got it right this week...

Well,the girls went exactly as i predicted. They guys, i was halfway pleased with the outcome, im glad sway is gone. I kinda liked David only cause i didnt dislike him.

America is getting good, as simon said

Thank you Fuskie for the play-by-play! I didn't watch the results show because I was watching survivor (why oh why are they on at the same time? grrr) so it really helped!

I am totally stunned this year by the voting viewers. Although I liked Patrick and think he should still be there, I am pleasantly surprised that voting on talent seems to be happening this year. Although I find there's more talented guys then girls this year (thought that last year too lol) I think I'll like the top 12, UNLESS something awful happens next week, but I doubt that :)

I am totally stunned this year by the voting viewers. Although I liked Patrick and think he should still be there, I am pleasantly surprised that voting on talent seems to be happening this year. Although I find there's more talented guys then girls this year (thought that last year too lol) I think I'll like the top 12, UNLESS something awful happens next week, but I doubt that :)

isnt is great people are voting on talent. i love it!

So what was Paula on last night? any guesses?

she was acting overly-giggly wasnt she?

and weird how ryan seacrest had to be the voice of reason to tell them to shut up laughing when people are about to be booted off the show

I think it's the same thing we all thought last season.

I hope the producers of the show had a talk with her about her stupid and childish behavior. I felt sorry for the contestants who were standing there in one of the most important moments of their lives waiting to hear positive, consoling and constructive comments. If that's the best she can do, then she should take her stammering, sometimes unintelligible and ridiculous comments and leave the show. It was not only insulting to the young contestants, but also the viewers.

The Dozen You Deserve

This week, 16 will become 12. Their performances, your votes, your results. Tonight on... American Idol.

Thursday night means more eliminations, but we are also bringing someone back tonight, Bo Bice will be here tonight. This week, 46 million votes were cast for your American Idol.

Bo Bice kicked off the show after introductions, with Bo revealing he is Daddy Bice and talking about his celebrity. He sang his single, The Real Thing, in a vintage Bo Bice performance. He did not really look much different from when he was competing, which either means he has not grown with success, or he was already accomplished when he last performed on the AI stage. Oh, and he is still carrying around the microphone stand. Somethings never change, and with Bo, that is a good thing.

Time to get down for business and the ladies go first. Eight ladies, six spots. First comes the girl with the lowest number of votes. Lisa, you do not have the lowest number of votes. Melissa, you do not have the lowest number of votes. Ayla, you do not have the lowest number of votes. Kinnik, you have the lowest number of votes and are leaving tonight.

Kinnik feels like a winner, even if she won't be back next week. Randy and Paula wished her best as Ryan didn't even ask Simon for his opinion. Kinnik's farewell song was nice, but confirmation that or competition performance was not a fluke. She was not the worst singer among the final 8, but her performance Tuesday was. So said America. Duluth, you let her down.

Next up are the eight guys. Looking for the guy with the lowest number of votes. Kevin, you do not have the lowest number of votes. Gedeon, you do not have the lowest number of votes. Bucky, you do not have the lowest number of votes. Elliott, you do not have the lowest number of votes. Will, you do have the lowest number of votes and your journey ends tonight on American Idol.

Will thanked the judges and thanked the audience for the experience. Paula is very proud of his growth and the gentleman he has become. Randy told him to work hard on his vocals and discover who he is as a singer. Simon said he is very mature, and whatever he does with that kind of attitude, he will do well. Will's farewell was a classy, positive performance. I can't help but wonder if he had sung like this the night before, what would America have said?

Next, the top twelve seats begin to be filled. There are seven gals, and seven guys. Two will leave disappointed. The rest will return to try and claim the title of American Idol.

Now we return to the ladies. Paris, you do not have the second lowest number of votes. Paris, you are in the top twelve. Katharine, you are in the top twelve. Kelly, you are in the top twelve. Mandisa, you are in teh top twelve. Two more to go. Lisa, you are in the top twelve. Melissa and Ayla. One sits in the top twelve, one goes home. Melissa, take a seat, you are moving on. Ayla, the journey ends tonight.

Ayla chokes up, fighting the tears as Ryan tries to cheer her up. Her most valuable lesson has been to learn what is important in life and how to work hard for something you are passionate about. Randy wishes her good luck because she has a winner's spirit. Paula calls her a winner in everything she does, someone who goes for her dreams. Simon said it wasn't her, it was the song, she should be proud. Brushing back a tear, Ayla digs deep within herself for her final performance but you can tell, her heart wasn't really in it.

Back to the gentlemen. Taylor, you are the first guy in the top twelve. Ace, you are in the top twelve. Chris, you are going to join the others in the top twelve. Kevin, you are not to young to be in the top twelve. Elliott, you are in the top twelve. There are two guys left, Gedeon and Bucky. There is only one seat left in the top twelve. America voted, and Bucky, you are coming back next week. Gedeon, you are leaving us tonight.

Still smiling, he was surprised but appreciative to his fans. This is not the end, this is just the beginning. His farewell performance was nothing less than his best, as Paris looked on in tears. Once again, if only he had sung that well the night before, what would America have said?

So we are down to twelve. Six guys. Six gals. Amongst them is one American Idol. Next Tuesday, the competion is renewed with a vengeance with Stevie Wonder night.

Fuskie

Who was surprised as heck to see the Britnam twins in the audience and not in jail...

Archived