Spoilers

nebartist

Here is a song list i got from sucks we shall see if it is legit

1. Mandisa - "Never" by Heart

Stevie - "To Where You Are" by Josh Groban(?)

Paris - "Midnight Train to Georiga" by Gladys Knight

Lisa - "I'm Changing" by Jennifer Holiday.

Carrie - "How Far" by Martina McBride.

Heather Cox 'When You Tell Me That You Love Me'

Becky - "Because The Night" by Patti Smith

Ayla - "Refection" by Christina Aguilera

Brenna - "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life" by Stevie Wonder

11. Kinnik - "Get Here" by Oleta Adams.

12. Katherine - "Since I Fell For You" by Buddy Johnson

Melissa - " When The Lights Go Down" by Faith Hill

if this is true I cant wait to hear Mandisa sing Never!!

I'm most looking forward to "Never" being sung by Mandisa and "Get here" being sung by Kinnik. These are awesome songs... hope they do them justice. :D

Guest blahsno1fan

I agree with you both about Mandisa. She has a very nice voice. She is one of my favorites so far. Also those two young girls. The light skin one with the curly hair and the dark skin one with the nice lips. Sorry I can't remember their names. :(

I agree with you both about Mandisa. She has a very nice voice. She is one of my favorites so far. Also those two young girls. The light skin one with the curly hair and the dark skin one with the nice lips. Sorry I can't remember their names. :(

I think the curly-haired girl is Lisa Tucker. She's 16, and the darker one may be Paris Bennett. She's 17. And they are both very good.

Guest blahsno1fan
I think the curly-haired girl is Lisa Tucker. She's 16, and the darker one may be Paris Bennett. She's 17. And they are both very good.

Thanks Tarman12. I'm sorry I didnt do the research for them but I am so bad with names. Watching so many reality shows they kind of lose me at times. I'm still trying to get the survivors names down and now that TAR is starting, my goodness. I will try to do better.

But YES! Paris and Lisa are WOWSERS! I still like Mandisa but those two girls put it down.

Here are some rumors of some songs sang this week

Ayla Brown - a Celine Dion song

Will Makar - "Lady" - by Lionel Richie

Ace - "If You're Not the One" - by Daniel Bedingfield

David Radford - "The Way You Look Tonight" - Standard, by Frank Sinatra and others, recently done by Rod Stewart

Taylor Hicks - "Easy" - by The Commodores, I believe

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody heard anything about a website called www.dialidol.com? They keep track of the frequency each contestant gets busy signals to estimate how many votes each contestant is getting. They're not completely accurate, but they're ball-park based on their track record for the past 3 weeks. Here's the contestants' rankings for this week so far based on their formula (highlight to view):

1 Taylor Hicks 75.0694

2 Kellie Pickler 54.5455

3 Chris Daughtry 51.9767

4 Paris Bennett 41.0394

5 Mandisa 31.7638

6 Katharine McPhee 22.6002

7 Elliott Yamin 17.8463

8 Bucky Covington 13.8941

9 Kevin Covais 11.7387

10 Ace Young 9.6386

11 Lisa Tucker 5.9919

12 Melissa McGhee 2.9973

PS They had Lisa Tucker in last place last week, and she was safe so hopefully something's wrong with Lisa's ranking again this week - she's not quite second worst imo :)

PPS Interesting to see just how many votes certain people are getting if these numbers are roughly accurate.

i heard it's "music of idols past". ya never know with rumors though! rod stewart is going to perform on april 19 so hopefully that'll be the theme for that week. jsut as long as they don't have another disco night! :huh:

He he - also heard next week was might be Barry Manilow :blink: Hopefully that's just a vicious rumor!

Here's the final numbers from Dial Idol (highlight to view):

1 Taylor Hicks 65.2712

2 Kellie Pickler 50.5468

3 Chris Daughtry 45.1267

4 Paris Bennett 36.6086

5 Mandisa 28.3099

6 Elliott Yamin 20.6746

7 Katharine McPhee 19.2237

8 Bucky Covington 13.4222

9 Melissa McGhee 10.2117

10 Kevin Covais 9.5325

11 Ace Young 6.9892

12 Lisa Tucker 5.9833

So according to this site's past record of predicting outcomes, here's who might be safe and who might be bottom 3:

Safe:

Taylor

Kellie

Chris

Paris

Mandisa

Elliot

Katharine

Bottom 3 - 3 of the following 4:

Bucky

Melissa

Kevin

Ace

Unknown (they've had her as lowest before and that's been wrong):

Lisa

They don't seem to be accurate enough to predict the lowest, only the lowest couple of people - let's see if they are still accurate tonight!

Thanks Sam. That is interesting. I sure hope that it isn't right (as far as where some of the people are ranking). The #2 vote getter on there, IMO has no business being that high up and probably should at least be in the bottom 4. Gads!!!

Yeah, the site turned out to be pretty accurate, but guess what it just got sued by Fox today and is offline - the guy put up a notice on his main page www.dialidol.com. Don't know why it's such a big deal for viewers to know who's getting how many votes - maybe Simon's worried there'll be a backlash against his precious Kellie . . . grrr!!!!!

PS Not a Kellie hater - just think there's people more talented than her who seem to be in danger of leaving first.

He he - also heard next week was might be Barry Manilow Hopefully that's just a vicious rumor!

right Barry Manilow has or had an album out of 50's music...so they would go hand in hand

:o:lol::lol::lol:

ah, Barry! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Rod Stewart To Guest Star on 'American Idol'

Veteran rocker Rod Stewart will give wannabe singers advice in an upcoming episode of hit TV show American Idol. Following in the footsteps of recent guests Stevie Wonder and Barry

Manilow, the star will perform on the popular talent show after the contestants perform hits from his Great American Songbook albums.

Judge Simon Cowell enthuses, "All these people are going to link the theme of their album to the show."

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)

ick

i like Rod Stewart allright but why do they have to do songs from that album here are the songs

You Go to My Head

2 They Can't Take That Away from Me

3 Way You Look Tonight

4 It Had to Be You Jones,

5 That Old Feeling Brown,

6 These Foolish Things Link,

7 Very Thought of You

8 Moonglow

9 I'll Be Seeing You

10 Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye

11 Nearness of You

12 For All We Know

13 We'll Be Together Again

14 That's All

... i like Rod Stewart allright but why do they have to do songs from that album ...

I don't think the songs have to be from just that album. I think they have to "link to the theme" -- as in Great American Songs. Sure hope so anyway!

Posted on Idolonfox, RUMORED song choices:

1. Kellie: Strawberry Wine, Deana Cater

2. Mandisa: She's in Love with the Boy, Trisha Yearwood

3. Bucky: The Little Girl, John Michael Montgomery

4. Chris: Amazed, Lonestar

5. Elliot: I Do (Cherish You), Mark Wills **This was also sung by 98 Degrees**

6. Katharine: The Lucky One, Alison Krauss

7. Paris: Burn, JoDee Messina

8. Ace: I Swear, John Michael Montgomery **Also sung by All 4 One**

9. Taylor: I Like It, I Love It, Tim McGraw

Would like to hear Chris do Amazed

Archived