Episode 2.16: The Whole Truth (Sun/Jin-Centric)

Jem

Episode 2.16: Title Unknown

Airdate: Spring 2006

• 01/16 - [Yunjin Kim] said she's due in Hawaii immediately after the Globes to shoot her and TV husband Daniel Dae Kim's (Jin) next flashback episode - a romantic love triangle set to air in February. Source: USA Today [Note: It is more likely that this episode will air in March.]
  • 02/16 - Recurring characters Bernard, Rose, and Henry Gale will appear. Two guest starring characters will be Jae Lee played by Tony Lee and Dr. Je-Guy Kim played by Greg Joung Paik. Source: insiderscoop at the Lost ABC Forums
  • 03/03 - Sun wrestles with the thought of telling Jin a newfound secret that threatens to upset the entire balance of the survivors' community. Meanwhile, Locke enlists Ana Lucia to interrogate the prisoner in order to extract more information than he, Jack or Sayid could. Source: ABC
  • 03/07 - Daniel Dae Kim [reveals]: "I can tell you on March 22 there's a flashback episode that involves Jin and Sun, and you're gonna find out a lot more about how they got together and the troubles they had before they got to the island." Source: Kristin on E!Online
source - spoilerfix.com

• 3 weeks later...
Episode 2.16: Title Unknown

Airdate: Spring 2006

• 01/16 - [Yunjin Kim] said she's due in Hawaii immediately after the Globes to shoot her and TV husband Daniel Dae Kim's (Jin) next flashback episode - a romantic love triangle set to air in February. Source: USA Today [Note: It is more likely that this episode will air in March.]
source - spoilerfix.com

I'm just wondering by the photos of sun and jin with a doctor...if they can't conceive because of something with Jin, and now Sun is going to be pregnant with someone else's child (from before the crash)??? That "romantic love triangle" thing is throwing me for a loop!

Is Lost's Jin Going to Be a Dad?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

TVGuide.com

Does Sun have a bun... in the oven? That is the question fans of ABC's Lost (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET) have been left to ponder in the wake of the latest promo, which has Jin's honey raiding Sawyer's stash for a pregnancy test. Is our population of castaways going to increase by one? TVGuide.com spoke to Daniel Dae Kim about the prospect of Jin celebrating Father's Day on the island, his 24 encore and more.

TVGuide.com: In this week's episode, "The Whole Truth," what story is Lost telling?

Daniel Dae Kim: You're going to see another chapter in Jin and Sun's story that complicates their history. You're also going to see on the island an event that changes their future.

TVGuide.com: The promos show Sun asking Sawyer for a pregnancy-test kit. Is that a big part of what happens?

Kim: Yeah. That's one of the big questions: Why is she looking for the pregnancy test and what might the result be?

TVGuide.com: Is this possible pregnancy the outcome of something Sun and Jin did before the flight, or have they been enjoying some off-screen, behind-the-palm-trees nookie?

Kim: [Laughs] Well, since they reunited, they have "found a new appreciation for each other." Let's put it that way.

TVGuide.com: Does Jin appear in the episode's flashbacks, or are they primarily about Sun?

Kim: It's more Sun's story this week, but Jin plays a pretty pivotal role. It seems like our history is always tied together somehow.

TVGuide.com: How does what happens change the dynamic between them?

Kim: It will be majorly different. Let me put it another way: Something significant happens that's going to change the course of their relationship. Watching them and how they have interacted since reuniting will prove to have been worthwhile, because you'll soon see them interacting on a different level.

TVGuide.com: OK, but Jin's not going to be speaking perfect English by the end of the episode, is he?

Kim: Not that I know of. [Laughs] But who knows!

TVGuide.com: Were you relieved or disappointed that the second round of Jin-Sun flashbacks softened up your character a bit?The first flashbacks painted him as a ruthless sort.

Kim: The great thing about this show is that with every flashback we learn something more about each character. Just like in my experiences with real people, no one person is all good and no one person is all bad. As you learn everyone's history, you start seeing them as more than just a "good guy" or a "bad guy."

TVGuide.com: What sort of new doors have been opened for you since Lost started?

Kim: It's been good. In terms of trying to find a project over the hiatus, I've been meeting a lot of people, and I feel like Lost has really increased my profile a little bit. It's a great show

After uncalled for WEEKS of waiting I only have one question...WTF???

Why does Henry's face look worse?

Why do I get that Brokeback Hatch feel everytime they show Jack and Locke?

What is going on with the timeline? They have only had Henry in the box for 3 days?? That would put Claire, Kate and Danielle's trip the day before last night's episode. Right? So, why has Kate not told anyone about the beard and clothes at the other hatch?

Where is Sawyer getting all of these new books? Judy Blume? Did the Others have a pre-teen girl with them?

One request for the screeen cappers out there. Can I see Sun's doctor, Sun's sexy bald friend and the guy from the Film Strip. Not to say all Asian men look alike, but there may be a link...because on LOST, there's ALWAYS a link.

Now on to Mr. Gale...is it me or is he a smug little bastard? I'd beat him with Eko's Jesus stick just to get that look off his face. What's with the question he posed to Jack and Locke? Does he want to get beat up again? I do think he's a catalyse put there by the "Man".

Speaking of little bastards, I like Charlie's new tune...be an ass just to be an ass. I think it makes him more endearing.

Any ideas about the next episode when "5 THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN." One of those 5 better not be a repeated episode. :angry:

After uncalled for WEEKS of waiting I only have one question...WTF???

Why does Henry's face look worse?

When you get a bruise, it often looks much worse several days later (lots of lovely orangey colors) so I think the make-up are just trying to be realistic.

Why do I get that Brokeback Hatch feel everytime they show Jack and Locke?

:lol:LOL...I don't even want to think about that one!

What is going on with the timeline? They have only had Henry in the box for 3 days?? That would put Claire, Kate and Danielle's trip the day before last night's episode. Right? So, why has Kate not told anyone about the beard and clothes at the other hatch?

I'm wondering if that is the place Kate is showing Jack in the preview clip for next week maybe?

Where is Sawyer getting all of these new books? Judy Blume? Did the Others have a pre-teen girl with them?

I think he's still working his way through all the books he found in the luggage....Sawyer reading a Judy Blume book- TOO FUNNY! I was laughing so hard when I saw the title of the book and my husband and sons had no clue :lol: .

Now on to Mr. Gale...is it me or is he a smug little bastard? I'd beat him with Eko's Jesus stick just to get that look off his face. What's with the question he posed to Jack and Locke? Does he want to get beat up again? I do think he's a catalyse put there by the "Man".

He is mostly definitely a key figure, that's for sure! Creepy, creepy, CREEPY (or are the writers just manipulating us, the audience??)

Speaking of little bastards, I like Charlie's new tune...be an ass just to be an ass. I think it makes him more endearing.

Yes, I'm so glad Charlie's back in rare form....Spot on, writers!

Any ideas about the next episode when "5 THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN." One of those 5 better not be a repeated episode. :angry:

No Kidding!!! After viewing next week's preview, my hunch is that something is going to happen with each of these groups:

Locke alone with Henry when all hell breaks loose in the hatch

Jack & Kate shown with torches searching or viewing something

Charlie, Sayid and Ana Lucia (what a group!) finding a grave and balloon in tree (but is it really henry's?)

Michael.....I just feel like somehow he is going to come into it again very soon....

Hurley and Co. on the beach.

Just a question for anyone who caught that voice at the VERY END of the preview (no video)...was that DESMOND'S VOICE???

Just a question for anyone who caught that voice at the VERY END of the preview (no video)...was that DESMOND'S VOICE???

I thought that was Zeke...

I think the balloon is a trap. How can you not see something that big and colorful in the trees?

I thought that was Zeke...

I think the balloon is a trap. How can you not see something that big and colorful in the trees?

You're probably right..I'll have to listen to it again.

Cool pic...where did you get it?

I was wondering about the map, too. Maybe my sense of direction sucks worse than I thought, but if I had been wondering around an island, I wouldn't know enough to draw a map to where I came from. When Danielle caught him, I didn't see a compass or weapon or anything.

How did he know??

normal_wholetruthpromo29.jpg

Here is a picture of he map Henry drew. Made me think, how'd he know where the beach camp was if he's only been in the hatch.... :huh:<_<

Excellent observation Jem... :blink:

Cool pic...where did you get it?

I get some of my pictures from lost-media and google is a great tool for media articles.

Excellent observation Jem... :blink:

;) I try my best. Can't wait for the next eppy.

Archived