Apprentice 5

Dade

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'll talk to myself and maybe eventually someone will come save me from my insanity.

It was a good first show I suppose, it's always difficult the first couple episodes when we don't really have a grasp for who the contestants are. Brent the attorney on the Synergy team could really get under my skin if he doesn't calm down. I think he is just waiting for his chance to "speak up" and have his say to save his own ass, that will be the end of him. The Russian guy has possibilities, he isn't going to take crap from anyone. I doubt he goes really far though. Was Donald PC calling him "the Russian"?

Tarek fell victim to his own over inflated "I am mensa" ego, that needs to be turned down a bit. Donald made the comment that Tarek was over rated and in his own head he might well be.

The girl that was let go (can't remember her name and don't have the motivation to go look it up) was the right choice but for the wrong reason. She should have been allowed to finish what she was going to say. I think she was going to put an end to the stupid "gift bag" debate by finally speaking up to let the D know it wasn't a bag of gifts, but a free tote bag. That was just bad terminology. That's my two cents worth. Anyone else?

Thank Rejuv... I was waiting for someone to post too!

Tarek should have gone imo... except for one thing Summer choked. I was yelling at the screen "spit it out girl", I think she was even starting to get the flop sweats, ewww! If she had just articulated an answer to Trump's first question and then kept her mouth shut... I think she would have survived at least long enough to prove herself or not. (Side note: When the Russian guy was telling Summer to keep her mouth shut in the board room I was like ... No Way! You need to speak up for yourself girl... who knew he would be right!... LOL)

I thought the team leader of Synergy was great. She (don't know her name yet) got them rallied together quickly, went with the "weird guys" idea... even though he was already unpopular with the rest of the group. I thought that was ballsy of her to take that risk... cause you know if they had lost the rest of them would have been throwing her and him under that bus, even though they didn't even try to come up with something else themselves.

Oh and did anyone else notice no "immunity" this season?

HA! There's no question she's stupid. Stupid was closing that cell phone and not making any more calls.

You know, I think she was gone the second she interrupted him. He was so hot under the collar, no amount of apologizing was going to change his mind. Donald is Donald though, if he has taken a dislike for Tarek, the guy wont be around long.

Guest blahsno1fan
Summer (the girl that got fired) was a whole lot of STUPID, in my opinion. Here was the Donald, getting ready to fire Tarek, and she interrupted him. Now that in and of itself might not have been so bad, but when it obviously ticked him off, she should have apologized and SHUT UP! I am all for telling the truth, but in a contest such as the Apprentice, if it means throwing yourself on the sword and getting fired instead of the one he intended to fire, well, forget about it. If Summer had shut up, she would still be in it.

As for the rest, I agree juvvy, it is hard the first few episodes to really have much of an opinion.

Am I really going to say this? YES!

Mo I tottally agree with you. Summer is not so bright. For all of the folks that I called dense here on the boards I AM SORRY. That Summer person takes the cake. It sucks for her becuase noone really remembers the first ones to go. Unless you are that lady Stacy or Tracy who had everyone scared LOL now that was funny :lol:

Poor Tarek. I really do hope he leaves and not make some suprisingly comeback. Now that would suck :angry:

Guest blahsno1fan

And did Donald call the Russian Guy "The Russian Guy"? LOL Now that was funny. He remembers everyone name but he calls the Russian Guy the Russian Guy :blink:

Kind of surprised Donald didn't do one of his infamous multiple firings - Summer had to go, but yeah now Tarek's just dead-man walking. Can't help thinking back to last season when Donald fired the NFL guy over Markus and the guy just kept scraping by week after week after week until Donald looked at him six weeks later and asked 'What are you still doing here?'

I think this is a great idea, and I'm going over to vote now! Should add an interesting twist to the mix.

Crappy I moved this over from the 'Media' section - checked the website again last night but it looks like they're not going to announce which Olympian is going to be on Apprentice 6 until much later. Did you manage to get in any votes?

PS Speaking of interesting twists, didn't they say this season was going to be in California? When do they go to California?

PPS CeCiMom, did you see somebody posted in the other thread they went to high school with the Synergy leader - forgot her name. Thought that was kind of neat that somebody here knows one of the contestants! :)

PPS CeCiMom, did you see somebody posted in the other thread they went to high school with the Synergy leader - forgot her name. Thought that was kind of neat that somebody here knows one of the contestants! :)

I didn't see that SamTC... thanks for the info. That is pretty cool... hope they come back and give us some scoop. :D

I can sorta see that but, I thought that he looks like Dr. Will from season 2 of BB. And by the end of the show I was convinced he Dr. Will's evil twin... lol

I didn't see that SamTC... thanks for the info. That is pretty cool... hope they come back and give us some scoop. :D

I'm here, I'm here!! I knew Allie when she was Alison J (I won't disclose last names), in high school in Columbia, SC. We were in the same classes, but we didn't run in the same circles...if you catch my drift.

Because Momma taught me "if you can't say anything nice about someone"...that's all I'm going to say. :P

Put it this way, if it's true what they say about karma biting people in the ass...this should be a very fun season.

To be nice, Alison (sorry, I just can't call her Allie) is VERY smart. Book smart: 10+, Street smart: 5.

If she saw you as her social equal she treated you with respect. If she saw you as a social advantage, her head would be so far up your ... (be nice, be nice) she would overtly brown-nose. Now if she felt you were socially beneathe her, let's just say she was less likely to be pleasant. But this is all before college and that ever popular garden of non-social bias Harvard...things could be different.

I'm too much of a 24 fan, so I didn't really watch the first episode. She should do well, but I can also see her grinding on the wrong nerves. We shall see.

Wow Francis, thanks for inside scoop!!! It was really interesting to see what you had to say and it should make it even more interesting to see how this plays out... Same ol' Allie or a new and improved Harvard Allie... haha

Kind of surprised Donald didn't do one of his infamous multiple firings - Summer had to go, but yeah now Tarek's just dead-man walking. Can't help thinking back to last season when Donald fired the NFL guy over Markus and the guy just kept scraping by week after week after week until Donald looked at him six weeks later and asked 'What are you still doing here?'

Crappy I moved this over from the 'Media' section - checked the website again last night but it looks like they're not going to announce which Olympian is going to be on Apprentice 6 until much later. Did you manage to get in any votes?

PS Speaking of interesting twists, didn't they say this season was going to be in California? When do they go to California?

Thanks for asking Sam - I did get my vote in!

I can sorta see that but, I thought that he looks like Dr. Will from season 2 of BB. And by the end of the show I was convinced he Dr. Will's evil twin... lol

Ceci---Dr.Will IS the "evil twin". :lol:

As for the Apprentice----whether it was a gift bag or a tote bag, I think it was widely assumed by most people that it was a gift bag. I really don't see much hope for that team. The Russian guy seems to be one of the few people on Gold Rush with any common sense. Summer should have taken his advice and just , like, not spoken unless she was asked a direct question. Especially since her own contribution was negligible. What made it even worse was that the exact same thing happened last year, the Donald was getting all geared up to fire somebody and some doofus interrupted him and he kind of exploded.

Did anybody else laugh when Trump was like "She saved you" and Lenny chimed in with "Not for long.....", that just had me laughing. Lenny is probably my favorite so far, I really hope he makes it. I felt really sorry for him, how Tarek was saying he did nothing, even though he was the only one (as far I know) that knew the area, I think he did his fair share considering that was what Tarek told him to do.....

I can't see Tarek lasting long, AT ALL, especially since at the very end he made it personal. I knew IQ didn't mean true smarts, but geez he's just reinforcing that point ever so much.

From just these first two episodes, it looks like this might turn out to be a great season for the Apprentice. There are already several personalities that really stand out, only time will tell who the standouts will be in terms of performance.

I realize that this Brent guy is soooooooo easy to pick on, such an easy target but geeeesh! It seems like he goes out of his way to be an antagonist, someone needs to tell him thats not the way to win this competition. Tonight he just seemed like the evil child. Unfortunately this was one of those nights when the Donald actually took the advice of his assistants and fired the one's they pointed out. But back to Brent, I agree with everything the other contestants said about him tonight. To say he is disruptive is an understatement. At the end of the show when the other two were leaving, they panned the camera to him in his UP elevator with this downright evil smirk on that smarmy face of his, I swear he looked like the demon child. With any luck at all, his team will fail again next week and there will be a solid reason other than misbehaving that can be pinned on him. He's had his share of air time, its time now to get past the theatrics and get down to some serious competition.

Guest blahsno1fan

Well I think they all ganged up on Brent only becasue he was an easy target. People really did stop to find out about the razor thingy because oh his tactics. He drew people attention. I think the editing of the show made him look like the bad guy but come on. She was really "threaten" by this guy? She was just FUS IMO. She knew she did a bad job and knew it would be easy to pick on Brent. He just wanted people to listen to him. No he is not one of the 'Beautiful" people on the show. But he shouldnt be interupted.

I would have done the same thing if someone kept cutting me off. He tried to confront her about it. I'm glad she is gone.

Last night's show wasn't one of the more exciting episodes, maybe because Theresa didn't have valid complaints about the people she brought into the board room.

Editing presented Brent as nothing more than a slovenly, face stuffing doofus. I really want to see him as a PM but I don't think its going to happen any time soon. The previews for next week look interesting.

I'm curious about the Australian guy, he's definitely eye candy but so far he hasn't shown much (or we haven't been shown much) other than a gorgeous smile and appropriate head nodding.

Is anyone else having a hard time adjusting to this being on Monday nights now?

These people NEVER learn. They continually bring the wrong people into the boardroom, being led by friendship or personality. These retards deserve to get fired. I'm glad she got the boot. And I don't understand why Tarek keeps getting brought in. He at least seems to try & do something. There are people on that team that I don't even recognize yet.

who was the comedian they brought in on last nights show?

and i wonder what this does for her career now...they said they found her jokes offensive, but i found them just not funny

Her name is Cory Kahaney, she was on the first "Last Comic Standing" Show. I thought the same as you about her jokes on the show, but we only saw snippets of her act, prolly the worse ones, for effect :) . She's not hilariously funny anyways, I've seen her act on the Comedy channel.

http://www.thehurricaneonline.com/media/pa...icaneonline.com

IDIOTS! Once again they leave the lame asshole that should be fired out of the board room, then act shocked when their incompentant ass goes down in flames! I work in business in a middle management job and I could run circles around most of these mediocre fools! And how much longer are we going to have to watch Brent shovel food down his gullet???

Archived