Michael

Dade

pic_michael.jpg

Michael (Chicago, IL.) Management Consultant

Michael, 29, a Manhattan native with a diverse educational background including, graduating from the United Nations International School in New York City where he concentrated on economics and studied three languages. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Washington University in St. Louis, majoring in both Finance and Marketing. Following his studies, he joined Arthur Andersen

• 3 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Apprentice's Michael: Gimme an F-I-R-E-D!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060515insider3.jpg

Michael Laungani, The Apprentice

Donald Trump gave Michael Laungani not so much a Bronx cheer but a Rutgers one, when the 29-year-old Chicagoan nearly cost the ill-fated Gold Rush guys their most valuable asset: a bevy of collegiate pom-pom girls. Was Michael simply too nice a guy to play with the reality-TV sharks? (And why does he want to tangle with real sharks?) Here's what he told TVGuide.com the day after his firing.

TVGuide.com: Dude, where did you come from? So many people I've talked to agree that you kinda just appeared out of thin air on Week 7.

Michael Laungani: [Chuckles] A lot of people said I was "flying under the radar." I looked at it this way: If flying under the radar means not getting involved in meaningless gossip, self-promotion or petty squabbles, well, you're not going to see me doing any of that. One of the things I do do is hard work, and I support a team. If I was really flying under the radar not doing something meaningful for a project, I would have been called into the boardroom a lot sooner. I had lost, like, five tasks, yet I was only called into one boardroom, and that was the time I was fired.

TVGuide.com: I have to say, I've been watching this show since Season 1, and the Rutgers-Outback tailgate party was one of the most genuinely exciting tasks ever.

Michael: It was a lot of fun.

TVGuide.com: I half expected Carolyn to belly up and start doing beer funnels.

Michael: [Laughs] It would have been fun to see George do beer funnels, actually. That would have been something else!

TVGuide.com: When you watched the playback on TV, were you like, "Are you sure we didn't win this task?!"

Michael: Yeah, it did appear like we were going all out and had the entire school on our side, but one small thing can turn the tide, and that was Synergy's ability to scramble at the last minute, out of sheer desperation, and come up with the idea to bulk-sale and deliver food. That made the difference

Archived