Lenny

Dade

pic_lenny.jpg

Lenny (The former U.S.S.R) Trading Company Owner

Lenny, 37, originally born in Baku, a city in the former U.S.S.R., he grew up in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, where he served in the Soviet Army for two years. At 24, Lenny left for the United States with his wife and child. Eager to start a successful business of his own

• 3 weeks later...

I love this guy. Very rarely do I have a favorite Apprentice by Episode 1, but this guy just takes the entire cake with me. I really really hope he gets far. I agree though, I hope he's PM very soon, because he WILL stand out.... but I'm betting in a good way. What he did for his team last episode, and he wasn't even PM. Not only that, but he just seems like he's actually a good person, in real life. So part of me, is hoping he makes it to the finale, but doesn't win. I think he would deserve something better than PR work for Trump.

I think this guy has the aptitude of getting right to the core of the task and disregarding the extraneous stuff. During the last task, while most of his team was still in the building arguing about something nonsensical, he went down to the street and started getting people to make the calls. It's like he said, "there's nothing hard about this! It's simple! We make people call!" :lol::lol::lol:

And he was right----he was about the only one on that team that showed any common sense. He should get quite a ways.

Nothing he did or didn't do caused his team to lose last night. As for the generator, I have to wonder if he didn't think of it or he intentionally did nothing to get it becuase it wasn't spelled out clearly on his list.

That being said, his mouth got to be a bit much last night. He was funny and to the point with his remarks the last two shows but last night I think he pushed it a little too far. Religion is a topic you just don't mess with, one strike against him for coming down so hard on Lee and Dan for observing their holiday (it's not like they were off partying).

His downfall might be that he isn't a team player and its also starting to look like he is more concerned with pointing the finger at everyone else and identifying faults. When Donald asked him last night who he would fire and he so fluppantly said both of them, it didn't get the chuckle from the D that he thought it would. Tarek was honest in his assessment that Lenny shouldn't be fired but he couldn't or wouldn't look at the big picture and say the same about Tarek, all he saw was the chance to get two more out.

Great post! I'll just add that I don't mind Lenny being a bit of a smartelic and sarcastic or even a bit egotistical but, what I won't support is a snake in the grass... and Tarek wasn't at all at fault for their loss last night and Lenny should have said so... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that he meant Donald should fire Tarek not because of this task but, because he doesn't see qualitites that Donald will need in a apprentice. Lenny's on notice with me... lol (Sorry whoever I stole that line from... hope you don't mind.)

His "fire everyone" comments are great. They make me laugh. I don't think he was intentionally being a snake by saying Trump should fire Orlando (er...Tarek), but he just happened to be in the boardroom with him. If it had been Lenny and Moses that got pulled in, I'm sure Lenny would have said "Fire Moses" for whatever reason. Save his own skin, yes; Snake in the Grass, no.

I didn't call him a snake in the grass... I like Lenny.

• 2 weeks later...

Trump wanted to fire Lenny this week, but Dan didn't bring him into the boardroom, so Trump fired Dan instead. I like Lenny, but he is on the show to be fired. Extremely good chance he will be fired in the next two weeks if he ends up in the boardroom.

I like Lenny, but I think he is in this season of The Apprentice to be fired. He represents a smart business man from another culture, thus he thinks differently. As personality he is always very accustom to doing things his way, and getting his way; he tells people what to do, and they do it.

I like Lenny, but I think he is in this season of The Apprentice to be fired. He represents a smart business man from another culture, thus he thinks differently. As personality he is always very accustom to doing things his way, and getting his way; he tells people what to do, and they do it.

I agree. I really doubt Lenny is going to make it. Part of me just has that feeling that Trump's a little jealous. I don't know why, but just his constant harping on Lenny, and not firing him when he could have just leads me to believe that Trump doesn't like the fact that Lenny will tell it like it is. To whomever he wants to - Trump included.

After all, Trump really doesn't need any competition.

The biggest reason I love Lenny, is because of the fact that he WILL say what he thinks of you, your ideas, or anything you present. He's not afraid to speak his mind. Unfortunately, for him that's a double edged sword. It's going to be the thing that ruins him on the Apprentice. But it's probably the thing that made him so successful in just two years after coming to America. To me, Lenny is the most determined of them all. Just how much he accomplished when he came to America - and how quickly he accomplished it. I think Lenny is amazing. He's obviously smart, he's clearly driven, you can tell that he's very much a family oriented man in his bios. And sadly, that just isn't Apprentice material. But I have no doubt in my mind that Lenny will come out on top when he is fired. I can't say this about many people on The Apprentice, but Lenny is one person I would have absolutely no problem hanging out with. He's just so real compared to the other contestants. So much heart.

I really hope Lenny does move on to do bigger and better things, and I have no doubt that he will.

Lenny scares me a little bit because he uses those power tactics like Boston Rob used to do like where you give people (ie Bryce) just enough rope to hang themselves, and then sit back and watch it happen. Trump doesn't seem to like that kind of stuff the way he keeps telling him he's on 'thin ice'. Then again I'm not even sure Lenny is really there because he hopes to be Trumps next apprentice - like maybe his primary motive for doing the show was to promote himself and his business. If so he seems to be 'winning', eh?

Lenny scares me a little bit because he uses those power tactics like Boston Rob used to do like where you give people (ie Bryce) just enough rope to hang themselves?

If this is true, then he will be fired for that reason. No business wants to hire a person that will let the company fail so that he\she can get ahead. Allowing your team leader to fail in such a way, costs the company$$$$. A good future manager may see that his manager should be fired or moved into a different position, but will handle it in a way that does not let the company pay the price.

This show is not Survivor and can not be played like Survivor. This show is about Leadership and teamwork. A good leader is also a good follower. He\she helps the weaker team mates be stronger. This is what Trump looking for, not looking for cut throat players.

If this is true, then he will be fired for that reason. No business wants to hire a person that will let the company fail so that he\she can get ahead. Allowing your team leader to fail in such a way, costs the company$$$$. A good future manager may see that his manager should be fired or moved into a different position, but will handle it in a way that does not let the company pay the price.

This show is not Survivor and can not be played like Survivor. This show is about Leadership and teamwork. A good leader is also a good follower. He\she helps the weaker team mates be stronger. This is what Trump looking for, not looking for cut throat players.

Hmmm . . . well, with regards to your first comment I'd say that's generally true but not necessarily the case. One situation in which it might actually work to the benefit of the company to have an employee not give 100% is if somebody incompetent ends up in a position of leadership over a better suited leader. Letting the incompetent fail might be the quickest way of restoring efficiency to the organization. And just speaking theoretically, capitalism is supposedly driven by competition and self-interest so isn't every company is ultimately best off when people act out of self-interest - like that's the sign of an inefficient organization when the self-interests of the workers are not aligned with the welfare of the organization (?)

With regards to your second comment, I'd argue that there are some aspects that are more like Survivor than a business - the one that comes to mind for me is that teams MUST win to avoid having one of their members fired and that person isn't replaced. In business you aren't fired for your mistakes, so there isn't that incentive to not act - plus there are business costs associated with searching for and training replacements which acts as a preservation against getting fired and somewhat tempers the desire to act out of self-interest in situations where self-interest conflicts with the interests of the organization.

PS Did you watch the Martha Stewart Apprentice Echo? Jim played these power games a lot and was just hilarious - yes Martha's execs didn't seem to like that too much either, but he was a pretty big hit with fans :D

Hmmm . . . well, with regards to your first comment I'd say that's generally true but not necessarily the case. One situation in which it might actually work to the benefit of the company to have an employee not give 100% is if somebody incompetent ends up in a position of leadership over a better suited leader. Letting the incompetent fail might be the quickest way of restoring efficiency to the organization. And just speaking theoretically, capitalism is supposedly driven by competition and self-interest so isn't every company is ultimately best off when people act out of self-interest - like that's the sign of an inefficient organization when the self-interests of the workers are not aligned with the welfare of the organization (?)

Self-interest is important factor as you point out. Since we are talking Lenny, let's take the last task an example: Creating a Ad Jingle. If Lenny simply played dumb to get Bryce fired (which I think is the case), in the real world, it would have lost the Trump a multi million dollar Ad deal with Arbbys. Trump, nor any other company wants to hire employees to do what Lenny did. Lenny did not want to help a strong\good leader succeed. Lenny wanted him fired because Bryce was seen as threat, not an alli. An even more devious person might even sabotage a project by delaying, providing bad info, etc, etc.

This is a reality TV game show; my view is that it can't be played the same way as Survivor because what it takes to become Trump's Apprentice is being you

There was something about Lenny that I really liked. He could be caustic at times; but overall, he was a likable guy. Was he, at this point in his life, ready to be a Trump Apprentice? I don't think so. Now seems to be the time that they'll sift out the dead weight and leave us with some viable candidates.

No surprised that he was fired. Not that I think he is a bad guy or lacks talent, but simply because he was cast to be fired in the first place. To me it was predictable from the first show he was as an individual who doesn

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Apprentice Says Nyet to "the Russian"

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060417insider3.jpg

Lenny Veltman, The Apprentice

Gold Rush project manager Lenny Veltman received quite a Boys & Girls Clubbing on last week's The Apprentice (Mondays at 9 pm/ET on NBC) when his music, more music and nothing... but... music-themed rec-room makeover hit a sour note with execs. TVGuide.com spoke to "the Russian" about his failure to Ace Donald Trump's contest. (Our Q&A with Leslie Bourgeois, last week's other canned candidate, can be found here.) (EDIT: Under Leslie in this forum)

TVGuide.com: I feel like I should be interviewing Lee on your behalf.

Lenny Veltman: Can you find him? I've been trying to find him for two days and I can't reach him.

TVGuide.com: Yikes, your personal spokesperson has gone missing?

Lenny: Yeah, he's my advocate. Everybody needs a good "lawyer" in this country, and I've got one.

TVGuide.com: Each season on The Apprentice, it seems as if there is one person who's not really playing to win. This time around, I got that impression from you.

Lenny: I don't think that's true. I was trying to win, but I knew I wasn't going to. That doesn't make me a quitter or whatever. I know who I am. I'm not delusional. I know what the requirements were, and I know exactly what Mr. Trump is looking for, and I don't have everything. I have some, but I don't have everything. I think Lee, he has everything. They talk about Lee being young, inexperienced, all this crap, but we hear that every season about someone. Some young kids are very mature these days and Lee is one of those kids. This guy has education, which is very appealing to Donald Trump. Very appealing. Ivy league school, 4.0, at the top of his class.... What else could be better, right? Also, I think Donald Trump himself is a very loyal person to his business partners and to his friends and so forth, and as I saw him I find out a little bit more about Trump. He's a very human, very funny person, a very nice and cool guy. Loyalty, Lee has it.

TVGuide.com: In your bio, you list "loyalty" as one of the most important qualities for a leader to have.

Lenny: Exactly. You can't buy it, you can't earn it. You go to college, you're not going to learn how to be loyal. You go to work, you're not learning how to be loyal. You have to be born with this and Lee has it

Archived