Lee

Dade

pic_lee.jpg

Lee (Brooklyn, N.Y.) Business Analyst

Lee, 22, graduated from Cornell University where he received a B.S. in Policy Analysis and Management. While attending Cornell University, he won business plan writing and marketing competitions, and served as a teaching assistant for courses in Entrepreneurship and Management. He worked for Merrill Lynch, researching emerging markets, creating portfolios and compiling business plans for high net worth clients, including an investment banking deal with an estimated value in excess of $100 million. Previous experiences outside of corporate America include, working at a day treatment program for the mentally ill, volunteering at soup kitchens and teaching fourth grade children in an inner-city school. Lee draws his inspiration from his grandfather who emigrated to the U.S. penniless and uneducated, yet through hard work and determination was successful through investing in real estate. At age 22, Lee became an analyst for one of the largest business/consulting firms in the world. Today, Lee works with some of the biggest companies and government agencies in the country to devise business strategy and information technology systems. Lee currently resides in New York City.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm liking Lee more and more. Glad Trump made the right decision... no way he should have gone home last night!

Lee is ok, but his youth and his idealism will probably be his downfall. The thing that bothers me most about him and a few other post candidates, is when they try to behave the way they THINK Mr. Trump would behave.

I don't think Trump is looking for a mini me. He has his own children to fill his shoes. Lee should have been more forceful on two things last night, lowering the price of that god awful looking sandwich and taking the deal on the pizza's. To a certain degree, Leslie was right when she said he is a politician, he seems to go just far enough in his interactions to be able to sit back in the board room and say I tried to tell you!

I think you're right about his youth and idealism being his downfall. I don't think Trump has kept anyone that was this businness green for long, yet. But, it would be nice if Trump were to hire someone that is exactly what an Apprentice is supposed to be... a person with potential.

Lee really impressed me last night with his ideas on how to win this task. Frankly, he's the only one that had any ideas outside of the box. And, I did see him fight his team about the pricing but, all of them were rolling there eyes at him and dismissing him, especially the PM, what's the guy supposed to do?

I don't know if Leslie was right about him being a "polititian" on task so, he can sit back at board rooms and say "I told ya so" he certainly wasn't doing that this task... he was trying to get them to re-think their strategy. And, I don't remember his having this strategy in the past eppies but, I don't think I really noticed him until last night... so, maybe he is like that... lol

Lee is ok, but his youth and his idealism will probably be his downfall. The thing that bothers me most about him and a few other post candidates, is when they try to behave the way they THINK Mr. Trump would behave.

I don't think Trump is looking for a mini me. He has his own children to fill his shoes. Lee should have been more forceful on two things last night, lowering the price of that god awful looking sandwich and taking the deal on the pizza's. To a certain degree, Leslie was right when she said he is a politician, he seems to go just far enough in his interactions to be able to sit back in the board room and say I tried to tell you!

That is pretty much it. He will be fired. Loyality and idealism is a good thing, but taken too far means you stick with the capt of sinking ship, even when you know it is going down. At this stage Lee is a great follower, a right hand man, but a leader requires a much different set of skills. I can't recall him demostrating leadership skills.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm . . . what did you all think of Lee tonight? I can't really tell whether it's true 'leadership' talent that he's got or something more like political instincts but he sure came out looking like a golden boy rising from the ashes of 4 straight weeks of defeat. Then again maybe it doesn't really matter his true talent is so long as he's able to win (?)

Actually though it seemed like a nice team victory where everybody was able to contribute something of value - like maybe Lee wasn't very 'leader-like' when putting together the brochure and stuff and didn't target the hotel prospects well, but the decision to beat the team to Battery Park to take advantage of the wait line for the boat seemed to be all Lee's idea.

Lee's decision to get his people up and out at 5:30 in the morning single handedly won the task for his team.

People standing in line would have bought either brochure, Lee's team just got their first. I'm surprised Allie's team sold as many as they did actually. People standing in line waiting must have gotten very irritated being hit by two different groups. The other thing Lee did was identify each team member's strong points at the very beginning and set them free to do their thing. It all came together.

What did disappoint me a little was Trump. He made such a big deal about Lee making such a narrow escape last week but didn't bother to acknowledge his success this week. Other than hogging the glamour of HIS winners on the golf outing, he wasn't particularly congratulatory toward them. I think Tarek and his golf swing scored big points with Donald also. Afterall, a good Apprentice should be a good golfer!

Hmmm . . . what did you all think of Lee tonight? I can't really tell whether it's true 'leadership' talent that he's got or something more like political instincts but he sure came out looking like a golden boy rising from the ashes of 4 straight weeks of defeat. Then again maybe it doesn't really matter his true talent is so long as he's able to win (?)

I like Lee, but I'm pretty confident he will be fired by Trump, but done so with positive parting comments coming from Trump to his two sidekicks: "He has a lot potential, I like his ability to think outside the box, but he's just not polished enough for what we need"

He very well could get fired for taking a big risk that backfires. He gambles big for a big payoff that doesn't come through and that gamble costs his team to loose the task. I think we are being setup to see something like that to happen before the end of season. Thus Lee is fired.

Overall, I think there is something fishy about Lee in general. Not in a bad way, I just think there is something else going on behind the scene that we as a audience will never know about.

Overall, I think there is something fishy about Lee in general. Not in a bad way, I just think there is something else going on behind the scene that we as a audience will never know about.

Hey, you called it on this one . . . I didn't see this in him but tonight he looked like a real worm going from person to person pretending like he was on their side and then using all that double talk in the boardroom - he's pretty slick! :o

Lee did stick to his word on this one though. In his voice over right before boardroom he said he was done sticking up for people..........he saw Tarek being sold down the river and didn't say a word to stop it. I think he was edited to look extremely wishy washyin the BR. Just like Lenny being Russian, Tarek being Mensa, Lee was branded by Trump as being a politician afetr Bill mentioned it a long time ago and he can't let it rest.

When Trump flat out asked Lee if he wanted to see Charmaine fired, Lee was in the middle of explaining himself when Trump cut him off. Trump was baiting him with "do you want Charmaine fired" and "I thought you liked Charmaine", trying to throw him off.

Lee did stick to his word on this one though. In his voice over right before boardroom he said he was done sticking up for people..........he saw Tarek being sold down the river and didn't say a word to stop it. I think he was edited to look extremely wishy washyin the BR. Just like Lenny being Russian, Tarek being Mensa, Lee was branded by Trump as being a politician afetr Bill mentioned it a long time ago and he can't let it rest.

When Trump flat out asked Lee if he wanted to see Charmaine fired, Lee was in the middle of explaining himself when Trump cut him off. Trump was baiting him with "do you want Charmaine fired" and "I thought you liked Charmaine", trying to throw him off.

Unfortunately the only word Lee stuck to was to himself. He lied to Charmaine about going after Tarek and he lied to Tarek about going after Charmaine. And I don't think editing had anything to do with his looking wishy washy in the boardroom. He was playing both sides in order to not piss off the person who he had to work with the next day. Too bad he didn't know he didn't have to. Don't get me wrong, I like Lee and I think he might win this, but he's no saint.

I highly expect Lee to be fired the next time he is in the boardroom. In the last episde they made him look like a double agent playing everyone against each other. This is foreshadowing his future firing by Trump.

Unfortunately the only word Lee stuck to was to himself. He lied to Charmaine about going after Tarek and he lied to Tarek about going after Charmaine. And I don't think editing had anything to do with his looking wishy washy in the boardroom. He was playing both sides in order to not piss off the person who he had to work with the next day. Too bad he didn't know he didn't have to. Don't get me wrong, I like Lee and I think he might win this, but he's no saint.

For lack of anything better to watch, I caught the last 30 min of this episode again on CNBC last night and I really have to disagree Jersey. Lee talked to each of them and expressed his opinion about the other but he made NO promises. It was in his candid that he said he was done with all of that and he wasn't going to gang up on anyone. He lived by those words in the board room. Any verbal dancing he did was due to the terrible trio of Trump, smiley Caroline and yes man Bill backing him into a corner calling him a politician. They started on that before he ever had a chance to fully answer the question they asked him.

I do agree that he'll be fired very soon, I don't think he'll make it to the final four. Trump is building up to the big "Lee, you're fired" and you can bet it will have something to do with him not taking a stand on an issue.

For lack of anything better to watch, I caught the last 30 min of this episode again on CNBC last night and I really have to disagree Jersey. Lee talked to each of them and expressed his opinion about the other but he made NO promises. It was in his candid that he said he was done with all of that and he wasn't going to gang up on anyone. He lived by those words in the board room. Any verbal dancing he did was due to the terrible trio of Trump, smiley Caroline and yes man Bill backing him into a corner calling him a politician. They started on that before he ever had a chance to fully answer the question they asked him.

I do agree that he'll be fired very soon, I don't think he'll make it to the final four. Trump is building up to the big "Lee, you're fired" and you can bet it will have something to do with him not taking a stand on an issue.

I was wondering if anyone else thought of Bill as Trumps "yes man!" He acts like he's an expert already and I find him to be a bit condescending to the candidates!

• 5 weeks later...

Such good ideas .. but too young.

I kinda hope that off camera that he finds a place for Lee in his organization ... or becomes mentor like.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Was Apprentice's Lee Shortchanged?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060608insider3.jpg

Lee Bienstock, The Apprentice

So many things were wrong

I really liked Lee and Sean alot but for some reason I found myself rooting for Lee in the end. I dont know Sean got kind of annoying at times with his whole love affair with Tammy and stuff. At times he just seemed to cocky for me. Lee there is know doubt will do some great things with his life. I was really hoping at the end that he would be hired. I think brining in a super young talented kid is just what Trump organazation may have needed. But hey this kid can work for me some day if he wants lol I'm guessing he will be owning his own company some day or be a top CEO somewhere. Love this guy and I think he should have beat Sean.

Archived