Brent

Dade

pic_brent.jpg

Brent (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) Attorney

Brent, 30, was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. After graduating from York University in Toronto, Brent moved to Florida, where he attended law school at Nova Southeastern University. A Florida bar member, Brent currently juggles two jobs, working as an attorney for an insurance defense firm and handling real estate closings. A year and a half ago, Brent married his college sweetheart, Stephanie, and obtained his green card.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy is really a piece of work. Kinda glad he didn't get fired this week, though. At least he's good for ratings. And other people did a worse job on this task than he did. I'm glad the woman that accused him of "threatening" her is gone, though. He was actually trying to talk some sense to her. The finger in her face was pretty bad, though-----

I don't really think he was trying to talk some sense into her, I think he wanted her to understand the world according to Brent. Think about his attitude in the voice over he was giving as the event was about to happen. The thing is, no one is interested in the world according to Brent, only Brent.

Well, he is one of THREE with huge Donald targets on their backs -- last week Tarek, this week Brent and that other guy whose name escapes me for a moment.

IMO, Brent is being targeted by the others because he doesn't fit their "profile" of an apprentice. He is overweight, kind of a slob, etc. But his ideas and intelligence shouldn't be judged on the basis of his appearance.

I agree completely with the above portion of what you said mo. When teams were being chosen, I told my son that Brent would be the last one chosen simply because of how he looked. And he was. I felt really sorry for him. That just didn't last very long at all. Trust me, I am more Brent than beautiful people myself, but this guy is just too much for me to take. I get the feeling that he is trying harder to prove that they aren't going to "get him" than trying to be the next apprentice. Who knows, he could fool us all and become the next Apprentice, but I doubt it.

Is the other guy you were thinking about Michael? The guy who came up with the bathrobe idea. Persoanlly, I think Donald made that out to be a much bigger mistake than it was.

He certainly didn't gain any points with the Donald last night, and I think if they lose the task next week he will be gone.

I'd hope so Suds, but something tells me he'll worm his way out of it again. This guy is devious.

Brent is being judged strictly by his looks on this message board as well.

Specifically, what has he done that is so terrible? He tries to give his ideas and gets completely shut down even though his idea last week helped his team win the task. Of course, good looking Kevin's idea of the bathrobes was met with "I love it". . . and it was a horrible idea. Will Kevin be ignored by his team next week?? No.

I haven't seen Brent do anything that anyone else hasn't done on this show. All he wanted to do was let that girl know that he didn't appreciate her cutting him off. And he was right. SHE was wrong.

Brent's downfall will be the lack of respect by his team and that is really sad.

IF that's the case, let's hope he steps forward to be PM this week and we can see how he handles a leadership role.

Did you not read my post? His team already have it in for him. THEY WANT HIM TO FAIL. He is doomed no matter what he does.

I guess I have a slightly different take on Brent. Without any other influence on my opinion, I would likely find him somewhat pushy and obnoxious. However, the attitudes of all the "pretty people" has really put me off, and made me want to root for him. Last week, for example, Brent is the one who first put forth the idea that the team eventually used, but no one gave him any credit. They were too busy talking about how he didn't fit in, etc. This week, Stacy was just flat out being a bitch and she got others to jump on board her band wagon. He tried to get her to talk to him, and she kept putting him off, so when he got his chance he said his peace. I don't think he was in any way threatening her. SHE couldn't even get her story straight. First she said he was threatening her. Then later, she said that she never said that. Then, in the board room she said she "felt threatened". WTF? Make up your mind, girlfriend. Team leader Pepi deserved to get fired IMO, also. He made crucial mistakes, including the late start that ultimately cost them dearly.

IMO, Brent is being targeted by the others because he doesn't fit their "profile" of an apprentice. He is overweight, kind of a slob, etc. But his ideas and intelligence shouldn't be judged on the basis of his appearance. Donald even said "don't judge a book by it's cover". I don't think Brent will last very long either, but I think his team is a bunch of a-holes who are judging him without even trying to get to know him.

Mo, GREAT post... I hope you don't mind if I just say, "ditto?!"

Is the other guy you were thinking about Michael? The guy who came up with the bathrobe idea. Persoanlly, I think Donald made that out to be a much bigger mistake than it was.

I agree with this too... it wasn't a good idea but, it wasn't horrible. What were they going to do... Pepe didn't let Brent come up with any strategies (because he let everyone ... especially Stacy... talk all over him) and if they didn't trust Brent's ideas they should have been brainstorming themselves and coming up with some alternatives! Not wait until they're getting into the van to meet the others and throw some half thought through idea. Had they been in the right location the bathrobes and Brent's "craziness" may have worked.

I also, think that if they hadn't snubbed Brent from the get go then he wouldn't have waited until the last two hours to try his "sales pitch"... and they would have won, imo.

Oh and one more thing. Last week's PM (Allie, I think) was put off by Brent too but, she did manage him. She let him talk through some ideas and only cut him off when it was dragging out. Not before getting what he was saying. Most importantly, later on when he came up with another idea, she didn't discount him... she heard him out and liked it and used it. They won that task because of his idea, I might add. I think I said this last week... but, she impressed me a lot with this. I like Brent (so far) because not only is he an "idea man" he's not typical. He doesn't seem to let the "beautiful" people or "popular" people disway him or destroy his confidence. Imo, the great/original/money-making ideas normally come from the guy/gal that is "original" themselves. Dang, hope that made sense... lol

I like Brent (so far) because not only is he an "idea man" he's not typical. He doesn't seem to let the "beautiful" people or "popular" people disway him or destroy his confidence.

I think maybe you hit on something here CeCi. I just get the feeling that his confidence is not what he wants us to think it is. Some false bravado maybe? He just seems to come on so strong its like "he doth protest too much"? I don't know, I just can't put my finger on it. Is he using this show to make up for all the years he's been put down by others? Maybe he just needs to lighten up a little bit. Not that he didn't lighten up when he was dancing in his bathrobe with the sandwich board on, whew.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue for the beautiful people. We all know these reality shows are heavy with beautiful vs regular people.

I just get the feeling that his confidence is not what he wants us to think it is. Some false bravado maybe? He just seems to come on so strong its like "he doth protest too much"?

I saw a bit of this too Rejuv. And, I'm not argueing that I think Brent should be the next Apprentice... because there is a difference between a natural leader (like I think we saw with Randy last season) and a person that can be a part of a team that "beats" the competition. I don't think that Brent could lead a team to victory... I would love to see him do it though. But, I do think that the person that see's him as an asset and not a detriment should be Trump's next Apprentice.

Also, this is only the second eppy of the season and so, we might not have a full picture yet.

he'll keep him on for the ratings till its not needed, just like Marcus. But you know, havingto look at Brent, i wish Marcus was back. At least he wasnt hard on th eyes

Brent, 30, was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. After graduating from York University in Toronto, Brent moved to Florida, where he attended law school at Nova Southeastern University. A Florida bar member, Brent currently juggles two jobs, working as an attorney for an insurance defense firm and handling real estate closings. A year and a half ago, Brent married his college sweetheart, Stephanie, and obtained his green card.

Ugh - this guy's Canadian . . . you guys can have him!

PS Some really well-written and insightful posts on this thread :)

Ugh - this guy's Canadian . . . you guys can have him!

PS Some really well-written and insightful posts on this thread :)

I don't think the Ugh was in reference to his looks, it was just him in general. Maybe I misread something, but I dont see anything that ties looks to Canadian.

I don't think the Ugh was in reference to his looks, it was just him in general. Maybe I misread something, but I dont see anything that ties looks to Canadian.

Oh yes, that's correct . . . Brent earned the 'Ugh!' based on personality alone - the way he seemed to be slighted by the group based on his appearance actually made me want to like him, but he's just too obnoxious.

The big red flag for me on this guy was his quote about always managing to be the center of attention and priding himself on it - makes me think that this guy might have been trying too hard to be the 'hero' and get approval in a way that wasn't shown on tv. Anbody else been in this kind of stressful group project situation and found yourself resenting the person's neediness because it was distracting? But that's so true it was too bad Stacy let it derail her instead of finding the positive in his suggestions like Ally did last week, but I can understand how that could happen. And who was it that made the post that she deserved to get fired for not watching the show and knowing scapegoats never get fired - lol, guess that pretty much sums it up.

Well the point could have been made without mentioning that he was Canadian and stating ugh you guys can have him. There was an insunuation there and that is what I was referring to.

You're right Suds - glad you pointed it out, because there were probably other people thinking the same thing. Thx!

Personally, I cannot stand Brent. He's obnoxious, annoying. But I find myself rooting for him a little, just because the rest of his team got into this mob mentality that he's the enemy, just because he isn't "attractive". Unless they did some MAJOR editing and we just aren't seeing a true reason for why they all dislike him so. I'm really glad that the one girl (her name is escaping me at the moment, I think maybe Roxanne?) didn't go with the crowd to say Brent need to go, when Trump asked her. I'm just really glad that she saw through Stacy's phony front, and I'm especially glad she called her out on it. I wish she would have in the boardroom, but understandably she didn't have much time to talk. Plus Trump's face led me to believe that he already KNEW Stacy was wishywashy with the "He threatened me, but I didn't feel threatened, but I was so scared!" front.

Maybe this is part of the confusion . . . you all know I'm Canadian, right? So the 'you guys' was supposed to be Americans since Brent put that stuff about his green card in his profile, it wasn't meant to be 'ew, he's Canadian' or 'ew, he's not as attractive as the other contestants' - it was more like, 'When Canadians choose to become US Citizens like Jim Carrey, Pamela Anderson, Peter Jennings, Mario Lemieux, etc it's sad to lose that talent. But since Brent is so bothersome to people, maybe it's not such a bad thing to not be stuck with him in your 'group' ' - eh, it wasn't very clear and wasn't very funny. Next time I'll leave the jokes to Donald Trump :P

Hope this clears everything up!!!!!

PS Oh yes, that Roxanne girl was very impressive!

As annoying as this guy is, I find myself vaguely rooting for him for some reason. I think for the same reason I was voting for that girl Toral last time when she was being dissed by all the preppy cheerleader types. I think he's gonna turn out to be pretty much a disaster-----but at least they've gotta give the guy a chance to express his ideas---he's had a couple of good ones so far. I'm glad Trump saw through Stacy. To me , SHE'S the typical ambulance-chasing lawyer type.

I think Brent is extremely obnoxious and he knows it. So why not tone it down a bit if he wants so badly to fit in somewhere. I didn't like the way Stacey?? treated him and then backed down. She was just trying to get the rest of the team on the Brent haters bandwagon. I don't like the way these people seem to be ganging up on others - it's not for them to decide who goes home - it's up to the Donald. :)

:blink: All I want to say is that I'm thinking of taking back any post I made in defense of this guy... :P

I think Brent is extremely obnoxious and he knows it. So why not tone it down a bit if he wants so badly to fit in somewhere. I didn't like the way Stacey?? treated him and then backed down. She was just trying to get the rest of the team on the Brent haters bandwagon. I don't like the way these people seem to be ganging up on others - it's not for them to decide who goes home - it's up to the Donald. :)

The guy is deifinitely obnoxious...BUT...I think his group have singled him out to be the "hated one" because aesthetically, he doesn't fit in, considering that no one on that group has proven to be an original thinker, exept for my favorite up to now (Roxane is her name, I think) the only one not afraid to go against the mob in the Boardroom and point out the real reasons the lost when they did... and what's with Andrea locking herself in the bathroom and crying like a little girl over Brent not getting the boot? How mature and professional is that?

The producers of the show are also really doing a great job with the editing to prevent any viewers from feeling any amount of simpathy for the guy...he was cast solely for drama and the poor slob is too busy being his own worse enemy to figure it out and prove them wrong :( ...he never had a slim chance to get that "job" anyway.

The editing seems to be focusing on his eating. I think its all leading up to something. One way or another, this is going to become an issue. In addition, I found it a bit offensive. There's no way to mince words, Brent is obese. So what are they showing in the editing, him eating, is that all fat people do? eat eat eat? That's the image the producers are projecting. Fat = slob = face stuffing = fat = etc..

Other than running his mouth (hmmm, maybe he has an oral thing, eating, yapping....?) he doesn't exert much energy. Remembet the little trash can blurb Monday night? When the chick asked him to set the cans around the back or the tent, he just took the stack and plopped them down and shuffled off?

Archived