19th Annual Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards

TV_Paige

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

image_196747.jpg

Jack Black

The Kids' Choice Awards are preparing for a Jack Black attack. The slightly less hirsute "King Kong" star has been tapped to emcee Nickelodeon's 19th annual celebration of children-friendly fare.

"I'm super excited to be hosting Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards because when you're doing a show for the kids, you can get extra crazy and loony," Black said. "I have a lot of secret plans for when I host the awards, but I can tell you I'm going to bring the super-duper, freaky-deaky, ultra-clowny super dance! But that's all I'll say."

While shut out at the Oscars, DreamWorks' "Madagascar" nabbed a leading three Kids' Choice nominations on Tuesday, February for Favorite Animated Movie and Favorite Voices from an Animated Movie for stars Chris Rock and last year's Kids' Choice host Ben Stiller.

A slew of nominees received a pair of nods, including Will Smith for Favorite Actor and Singer; Mariah Carey for Favorite Singer and Song; Green Day for Favorite Group and Song and everyone's fave boy wizard, Harry Potter for Favorite Book and Movie.

Kids will be able to vote in a total of 16 categories, with surprise awards also announced during the show. Voting begins at www.nick.com on March 6. The green-slimin' ceremony will be held April 1--no foolin'--at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion. A complete list of nominees appears below.

Nickelodeon-Logo.gif

kca_logo_126.jpg

(winners will appear highlighted in red)

Favorite Movie

"Are We There Yet?"

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

"Herbie: Fully Loaded"

Favorite Movie Actor

Jim Carrey

"Fun With Dick and Jane"

Johnny Depp

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

Ice Cube

"Are We There Yet?"

Will Smith

"Hitch"

Favorite Movie Actress

Jessica Alba

"Fantastic Four"

Drew Barrymore

"Fever Pitch"

Dakota Fanning

"Dreamer"

Lindsay Lohan

"Herbie: Fully Loaded"

Favorite Animated Movie

"Chicken Little"

"Madagascar"

"Robots"

"Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit"

Favorite Voice from an Animated Feature

Johnny Depp

"The Corpse Bride"

Chris Rock

"Madagascar"

Ben Stiller

"Madagascar"

Robin Williams

"Robots"

Favorite Song

"Hollaback Girl"

Gwen Stefani

"Wake Me Up When September Ends"

Green Day

"We Belong Together"

Mariah Carey

"1, 2 Step"

Ciara

Favorite Male Singer

Bow Wow

Jesse McCartney

Nelly

Will Smith

Favorite Female Singer

Mariah Carey

Kelly Clarkson

Hilary Duff

Alicia Keys

Favorite Music Group

Backstreet Boys

Black Eyed Peas

Destiny's Child

Green Day

Favorite Television Show

"American Idol"

"Drake & Josh"

"Fear Factor"

"That's So Raven"

Favorite Television Actor

Drake Bell

"Drake & Josh"

Ashton Kutcher

"That 70s Show"

Bernie Mac

"The Bernie Mac Show"

Romeo

"Romeo!"

Favorite Television Actress

Eve

"Eve"

Jennifer Love Hewitt

"Ghost Whisperer"

Jamie Lynn Spears

"Zoey 101"

Raven Symone

"That's So Raven"

Favorite Cartoon

"The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius"

"The Fairly OddParents"

"The Simpsons"

"SpongeBob SquarePants"

Favorite Athlete

Lance Armstrong

Allen Iverson

Shaquille O'Neal

Alex Rodriguez

Favorite Videogame

"The Incredibles: The Rise of the Underminer"

"Madagascar: Operation Penguin"

"Madden NFL 2006"

"Mario Baseball"

Favorite Book

"The Chronicles of Narnia" Series

"The Giving Tree"

"Harry Potter" Series

"Lemony Snicket: A Series of Unfortunate Events"

• 1 month later...

ap_100.jpg

Green Slime and Green Day at Kids' Choice Awards

green_day_music_101005_240_.jpg

Green Day

Thousands cheered, hundreds were slimed and a lucky dozen or so claimed trophies at the raucous 19th annual Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards on Saturday, April 1. The night's big award winners were Green Day, which claimed two orange blimp trophies, for favorite music group and favorite song for "Wake Me Up When September Ends."

The awards show, in which the awards are really secondary, got off to a spirited start when host Jack Black charged onto the stage in a white Elvis jumpsuit and belted out Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting."

"Are you ready to have your mind blown apart by the most awesome show in the universe. . . . Tonight is your night to rage against the machine," Black said to some 10,000 cheering fans. The crowd responded with nearly earsplitting cheers every time a celebrity was mentioned during the 90-minute show.

pink.jpg

Pink

The audience was treated to a performance of "Stupid Girls" by Pink accompanied by dancers and skateboarders, and later a hip-hop performance by Chris Brown and Bow Wow. Pink, who was caught by surprise when she was slimed four years ago during a song, was spared this time.

The target of the green goo this time was Robin Williams, who was sprayed with a fire hose toward the end of the show and seemed to revel in it. Hundreds in the audience were also sprayed by the hose, wielded by Black.

drake_bell_240.jpg

Drake Bell

Drake Bell won the award for favorite TV actor and shared a second blimp for his role in "Drake & Josh," which won for favorite TV show. The winner for favorite TV actress was Britney Spears' younger sister Jamie Lynn Spears, the star of "Zoey 101."

Chris Rock claimed the "Wannabe Award" as the celebrity kids most want to be like. Past winners have included Will Smith and Queen Latifah. "They're working their way down. Next year, Todd Bridges gets the award. When I was a kid I wanted to be Eddie Murphy and now I'm a rip-off of Eddie Murphy," Rock said.

The show was broadcast live from UCLA's Pauley Pavilion over the Nickelodeon cable network and on Nickelodeon's Web site. Winners were chosen by fans who voted online up until the day of the show.

Archived