pic_tina.jpg

hdr_tina.jpg

The youngest of six children born into a logging sports family, Tina Scheer learned how to log roll in Northern Wisconsin when she was seven years old. She feels all of her childhood memories are good ones and credits her mother for raising six children by herself.

Scheer is the owner of the World Champion Lumberjills, "Chics with Axes," a traveling group of female lumberjacks. She is also owner of The Great Maine Lumberjack Show, which is based in Trenton, Maine. She competes regularly as a lumberjill and is also a logging sports promoter. In addition to touring the country, she has traveled to Australia ten times with her exhibitions. She also traveled to South Africa, Germany and New Zealand. She has been featured in CBS's Challenge of the Sexes, MTV's Real World, National Geographic, Sports Illustrated and Women's Sport & Fitness.

After Scheer was accepted to participate in SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA, her only child, Charlie, 16, was killed in an auto accident one week before she was expected to leave. In spite of this tragedy, Scheer was determined to complete the SURVIVOR adventure that they had started together. She describes herself as outgoing, funny and adventurous. Scheer feels her greatest achievement, apart from the privilege of being Charlie's mom, is promoting women in a man's sport.

Having grown up in the woods, Scheer is most comfortable in the outdoors. She is an avid hiker and biker, kayaks regularly and does X-C skiing.

Scheer currently splits her time between Hayward, Wisconsin, and Trenton, Maine. Her birth date is November 17, 1960.

Either Tina and Courtney (the other hippie) are either going to really get along or totally hate eachother. I hope they get along...no one likes to see hippies fight.

I saw two hippies fighting over a cheese and lettuce snadwich. Thought it was so funny I shot bong water out of my nose. :P

Well, that was an unbelievably brainless thing for the older women to do----vote out the one that knows what she's doing out there because she was sitting by herself thinking about her son. She probably shoulda told them when she came back.

I wanted her to stick around because she reminded me a little of Amy from the last survivor, the cop. So leaf-phobic Cirie dodged a bullet.

I always hate to see the first one go. It's too soon in the game. But someone has to go. bye bye

We barely got a chance to know her. Not too smart to vote off the most capable early though. How about the broke down southern belle? You know - Suzanne Sugarbaker. If she breaks a nail she'll be done. :lol:

Not too swift...

I always hate to see the first one go. It's too soon in the game. But someone has to go. bye bye

It's tough to see the 1st one go.... agreed....

BUT - boot out probably the strongest person you'd have for challenges and survival this early in the game .... dosen't sound too swift to me either :wacko:

It's tough to see the 1st one go.... agreed....

BUT - boot out probably the strongest person you'd have for challenges and survival this early in the game .... dosen't sound too swift to me either :wacko:

I absolutely agree. Now the older women are going to be handicapped by having one less player AND having 3 weak players. Dumb, dumb, dumb move on their part. What were they thinking???

Doesn't matter what she said... dumbest move in survivor history.

It may not be as dumb a move as you think for some of them...

Are you referring to the fact that the tribes will merge next week and they didn't need Tina anyway? If so then I agree with you. But I still would rather have seen Cirie go. For god's sake. . . the woman doesn't like LEAVES!!!!!!!!!!!

I get so mad when a team votes out their most capable player! They must just want to give away the competitions! I will NEVER understand it! They should have kept her until a merge at least. She was kicking butt!

I get so mad when a team votes out their most capable player! They must just want to give away the competitions! I will NEVER understand it! They should have kept her until a merge at least. She was kicking butt!

True, but you dont go to tribal council and say that no one but you is working hard enough. Cirie was doing a good job of putting her own neck in the noose untill Tina started talking.

What I couldn't understand is why it seemed to be there were only 2 choices for voting out??? What about the other 2 in the tribe. It was just wierd to me. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

dang another of my favorites are gone but at the same time i can see why she was distant towards the girls she never really had any deep talks or anything so i can see why she left but it would of been great to see her win the million after evreything she has gone through loosing her son