Idol' Opens Additional Phone Lines

Jem

Idol' Opens Additional Phone Lines

America's Final Three!

final3_americanidol4_240.jpg

Carrie, Bo and Vonzell.

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Fans hoping to cast votes for Bo Bice, Carrie Underwood or Vonzell Solomon will get double the chance at busy signals following Tuesday's (May 17) "American Idol" performance episode.

FOX announced on Monday that each of the show's Final Three contestants will be assigned two different call-in numbers in an effort to help fans get through more often to vote for their favorite contestants. "With the volume of calls this season already exceeding last year's, we felt it was important to give fans additional phone numbers in an attempt to reduce congestion," says executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz.

Of course, no matter how many numbers FOX assigns, the issue will be moot if difficulties continue with the on-screen information. Earlier in the season, an entire evening's results were nullified after incorrect numbers were shown for a number of contestants. Just last week, a much more minor problem arose when the show's close captioning listed wrong call-in numbers, a gaffe that wasn't determined major enough for a revote.

In previous season, "Idol" hasn't modified voting procedures until the finale. For the past two years, the phone lines have been left open extra-long and last season, a number of additional phone lines were created for eager fans of Fantasia Barrino and Diana DeGarmo.

Dang!! Is Vonzell really that much taller than Carrie and Bo? I never noticed that before. (Noticed Constantine was tall but, not Vonzell.) :?:

Guest ranster627

well I can't fault you for it ... glad you got through because I bet the other two have their lines jammed! :wink:

cfdaddy and I split the voting this week. One hour for Bo and one hour for Carrie.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name