The New CW network

wash ur face

Ive been hearing about this all morning on the cable news outlets, I never watched the WB or UPN their programming isnt to my liking, with this new venture I seriously doubt it will get any better!

As long as they don't bring that damn WB Frog back.

By the way, I'm sure that most of the UPN shows will get the boot. I'm sure they'll keep ANTM. I'm sure that the OC will stay. 7th Heaven is gone anyway right? Smallville has a following, so that may stay.

The OC is on FOX and 7th Heaven is indeed already canned.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

MISHMASH OF THE TITANS: Now this is what I call a fall preview: As we first reported yesterday, CBS Corp. and Warner Bros. have hooked up to form a brand-spanking-new broadcast TV network called the CW (which, despite conjuring up images of Kenny and Reba, does not stand for country western). The channel's lineup, which is set to unspool in September, will include the best of both WB's and UPN's programs. Meaning what, exactly? Meaning read today's Ask Ausiello for more on who might and who might not make the cut.

TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Please find out what's going to happen to my favorite WB and UPN shows (Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Everwood) now that WB and UPN are combining to form a new network!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

NAME CHANGE FOR "THE CW"?: The surprise news that CBS Corp. and Warner Bros. are partnering to form a new fifth network, dubbed The CW and replacing WB and UPN, has left many station owners scrambling. Per the New York Post, although the switch isn't effective until the fall, Fox-owned channel 9

As long as they don't bring that damn WB Frog back.

By the way, I'm sure that most of the UPN shows will get the boot. I'm sure they'll keep ANTM. I'm sure that the OC will stay. 7th Heaven is gone anyway right? Smallville has a following, so that may stay.

From what I hear this was CHARMED last season this year

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: MEDIAWEEK

CW Adds 5 Affils; Coverage Grows to 52% of U.S.

Katy Bachman

MARCH 01, 2006 -

CW Wednesday announced the first wave of affiliates outside of the charter station affiliates owned by CBS and Tribune.

The additional five stations in Cleveland (market No. 16), Orlando (20), Charlotte (27), Louisville (50), and South Bend (87) bring the new network

Courtesy of: MEDIAWEEK

CW Adds 5 More Affiliates

Katy Bachman

MARCH 07, 2006 -

The CW announced Tuesday it has picked up five new affiliates for its new network set to launch in September. The additional five stations bring CW's coverage to nearly 54 percent of the U.S. Each company has signed long-term affiliation agreements (five years or more) to carry the CW's 30-hour lineup, a combination of the best programming from the WB and UPN networks. The outlets are in Kansas City (market rank No. 31), Rochester (79), Chattanooga (86), El Paso (99) and Youngstown (102).

Of the five, the largest market station is KCWE-TV, the UPN affiliate in Kansas City, which Hearst-Argyle Television operates under a local marketing agreement, along with KMBC-TV, the market's ABC affiliate. Also signing long-term affiliation agreements are: WRWB-TV, the WB affiliate in Rochester, owned by WB/Time Warner Cable; WFLI-TV, the WB affiliate in Chattanooga, Tenn., owned by Meredith Broadcasting.

The last two affiliates are digital stations: KVIA-DT, the digital station of KVIA-TV, News-Press & Gazette' ABC affiliate in El Paso, and WBCB-TV, a digital station currently affiliated with The WB owned by Vindicator.

All told, the CW affiliate lineup (including the charter station affiliates owned by CBS and Tribune and the five affiliates signed last week) covers 18 of the top 20 markets and 25 of the top 30, leaving the network critical affiliation deals to sign in Phoenix (No. 14), Minneapolis (15), Baltimore (24), Raleigh-Durham (29) and Nashville (30).

My Network TV, Fox Television's alternative prime-time network, is also working to sign affiliates and currently covers 36 percent of the country. Unlike the CW, My Network TV offers only 13 hours of programming with no reverse compensation, and more local inventory for the stations to sell.

• 2 months later...

Here is the fall line up

Monday: 7th Heaven, Runaway

Tuesday: Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars

Wednesday: Top Model/Beauty and Geek, One Tree Hill

Thursday: Smallville, Supernatural

Friday: Wrestling

Sunday: Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: Can you tell us exactly when WB and UPN are switching to CW, and how we can find out what our local channel will be for it?

• 4 months later...

Courtesy of: MEDIAWEEK, RECENT HEADLINES

CW Feels Some Growing Pains

John Consoli

NOVEMBER 06, 2006 -

The nascent CW network, just six weeks into the new fall season, is recording double-digit ratings decreases for most of the shows it picked up from the defunct WB and UPN networks. Now, several media buyers are worried that The CW has put itself in a potentially serious fourth-quarter makegood situation with their clients.

The problem is not so obvious, because the net cumulatively is showing ratings gains in its core adults 18-34 demographic this season of 6 percent over The WB and 12 percent over UPN last season. But The CW is airing only the

I'd just like to say, they are stupid thinking viewers don't know there wb shows are on the cw. We know, we watched all the cw commericials when the wb was nearing the end. We jsut don't lie the choices they made. Get rid of Everwood, keep 7th Heaven, dumb, then totally turn the ending into something totally different, i mean everyone wanted sandi's baby to be simon's. And they never gave Pepper Dennis a chance. They keep what they wanted and didn't pay attention to the viewers.

Archived