5/17 Show BEST Performance

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627
Neb ...

do you know if they are singing two each on Tuesday on AI?

from what I have heard they are singing 3 one is their choice one is the judges and one is Clive Davis's choice..that is the rumor I have heard

Not sure if it is true or not though.

WOW!!! Three songs... I'm even more excited now that I was a minute ago... Woo hoo... bring on my nest american idol... LOL

Guest ranster627

From ET OnLine:

It's Judges-Pick Night on 'American Idol'

It's just BO BICE, CARRIE UNDERWOOD and VONZELL SOLOMON when "American Idol" airs tonight at 8 p.m. on FOX, and each of the Final 3 will be performing three songs: a judge's choice, a song that music mogul/producer CLIVE DAVIS selects for them and one that they pick.

"What we try to do is find a song that we know will fit really well in their register or tonally sound great, but challenge them a bit, so they start working on a song that they say is hard, but will be rewarding once they nail it," judge PAULA ABDUL explains. "And that they feel, 'Man, I had to work really hard to get this song, but I had no idea I had that in me.' Hopefully, we as judges can find a song that will do that for them."

Paula also says that no mater what the final outcome, she feels that this year's competitors are in a really good place.

"I know SIMON COWELL always says, 'Oh, Paula, you say that everyone is good.' The truth is I want to keep their dream alive. Forget that. These kids are good. I think all of them will get recording contracts. I hear buzz. I hear what is going on in the industry. I have different A&R executives coming up to me and asking, 'When is their exclusivity contract up?'"

This week, as America selects the Final 2, each contestant has been assigned a second phone number to facilitate the voting process.

"With the volume of calls this season already exceeding last year's, we felt it was important to give fans additional phone numbers in an attempt to reduce congestion," stated executive producer CECILE FROT-COUTAZ.

And win or lose, Paula says that "American Idol" is "a blueprint for the rest of your life."

Guest ranster627

I put my vote towards Vonzell (nothing more than I like her music for my tastes), but also liked Bo a lot ... I want these two in the finals ...

To me there were 5 great performances ... Bo's last one wasn't his fault, I think Paula could've chosen better!

Guest ranster627

at this point I think it is all about personal tastes ... so I wish I could disagree with your statement Suds ... but I can't, it is your taste and I respect that ...

I am just not into the country thing which affects my view of Robo-Carrie

Guest ranster627

pick Carrie! LOL or Bo # 3 ... Paula's terrible choice ... which he at least did a passable job at!

I don't remember the name of the song but, it was done by Badlands. (group)

Guest jenniferpearce

I think the name of the song was "In a Dream." Hubby and I looked it up this morning. It was fantastic.

Guest RogueyStars2004

I loved Bo's second song! IT rocked! I just love songs accapella! :D

Go Bo and Carrie for the Finale! :D

~ROgueyStars2004

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

American Idol

See, I hate this part. We're down to the final three and I wanna keep 'em all. Can I pleeeease? Come on. How come guest judge Clive Davis can't just sign all of them? I mean, it's his label. And that way, we'd be spared the eliminations. Not to mention more of my whining, 'cause I have a feeling that I'm going to be really pouty after the Wednesday show. Tonight I'm far from sour, since we got three songs each from our trio. One Clive picked, another the singers chose and the last was cooked up by the judges. So let's try to focus on the positive and leave the worrying to Ryan Seacrest's stylist. Who totally needs to fix that boy's highlights.

Vonzell: OK, deep breaths. Ugh. What was Clive thinking? "I'll Never Love This Way Again" is tough even for Dionne, you know? So I can forgive the wobbly notes at the beginning. Mostly because Baby V.'s pick of "Chain of Fools" and Simon's absolute gift of "On the Radio" were simply... wow. Slap my butt and call me happy. Even if she gets the boot, this one is for real, for real.

Bo: Oh. My. God. Forget that Paula went with a gimmicky tune like the Stones' "Satisfaction." He rocked it like a hurricane. Same with Clive's selection, "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" (which, FYI, begs for a Michael Jackson joke that would probably cost me my job). But it was Bogart's brilliant idea to serve up an acoustic rendition of Badlands' "In a Dream" that still has me sweating like Corey Clark on a polygraph machine. They should just hand him the contract now and call it a day.

Carrie: Amen, Randy. The girl can blow. She should also send that nice Mr. Davis a thank-you note for giving her the Roy Orbison/k.d. lang belter, "Crying." Those may have been her best vocals ever. Deciding to tackle Air Supply's "Making Love out of Nothing at All" was a smart move, too, though she sounded more like Pat Benatar here than when she actually sang "Love Is a Battlefield." Plus, it's Air Supply and they're weird. But my real issue is why Randy would stick her with a pile of dawg doo like Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman." Thankfully, our little country girl gave it more than it deserved. Maybe even too much. Though probably not enough to knock her out of the running. And that's aiiight.