America's Next Top Model 6

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Top Model' Returns in March; UPN Adds More Seasons

Thursday, January 19, 2006

11:37 AM PT

tyrabanks_peopleschoice06_240.jpg

While UPN bides its time with fictional models in "South Beach," fans of the real-life models-in-training can take heart.

The network's top-rated series, "America's Next Top Model," is scheduled to return with a sixth edition Wednesday, March 8. Additionally, UPN President Dawn Ostroff announced Thursday (Jan. 19) that the show will return for two more cycles in the 2006-07 season.

The new season will introduce a crop of 13 new would-be Elle cover girls in a two-hour premiere. As ever, cameras will follow them throughout the competition as they strive to become "fierce" under the watchful eye of host Tyra Banks, photo-shoot director Jay Manuel and runway guru J. Alexander. Nigel Barker and Twiggy will return as judges.

A week prior to the premiere, UPN will catch up with previous participants with a special called "Where the Girls Are." Among the past contestants featured include winners Yoanna House, now hosting a show on the Style network, and Eva Pigford, who continues to model and is also taking a run at Hollywood. Viewers will also see cycle five winner Nicole Linkletter jet off to Paris for a photo shoot and follow Camille "This is my signature walk" McDonald as she tries to launch a line of lingerie.

The most recent edition of "Top Model" averaged a shade over 5 million viewers per week in the fall, making it UPN's No. 2 series of the season (behind "Everybody Hates Chris") in viewers. It also scores highly among the young adults and young women UPN targets and has given a boost to the ratings for its Wednesday-night companion, "Veronica Mars."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, they are cranking these shows out way too fast. The quality of the show and the contestants is declining. They need to close up, take a break, and revamp and find some quality judges (sorry Twiggy, you are boring) and some quality models. You know Tyra doesn't want to be outshined, so she's not gonna pick any girls that are "too fabulous".

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: UPN

b_antm6.jpg

TOP MODEL 6

TWO-HOUR PREMIERE

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, 8/7c

Fairy tales come true

• 2 weeks later...

The complete list of competitors:

Brooke, 22, student, Corpus Christi, Texas

Danielle, 20, babysitter, Little Rock, Arkansas

Furronda, 24, student, Stuttgart, Arkansas

Gina, 21, translator, Tampa

Jade, 26, restaurant hostess, Philadelphia

Joanie, 24, sales associate, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania

Kari, 18, student, Brookings, South Dakota

Kathy, 20, house painter, Brevard, North Carolina

Leslie, 18, student, Higley, Arizona

Mollie Sue, 25, waitress, Tampa

Nnenna, 24, chemist, Houston

Sara, 22, student, Davis, California

Wendy, 22, retail assistant manager, New Orleans

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

America's Next Top Model: Where the Girls Are

(REUNION)

Did anyone else get the sense that this was all about Tyra convincing us that the Top Models do eventually model after the show and aren't just doomed to a career of guest shots on UPN shows? No? Never mind. Well, it is nice to see some of my favorites

Thanks for the link Adria0... just going by their pics (1 before and 2 after shots) I liked Danielle, Furanda, Kari, and Mollie Sue. Fav's being Furanda and Kari.

Shucks, I was so excited to finally see an asian contestant on this show but Gina turned out to be just another in a long line of crazy reality show asians that started with Jun on BB3 and have just gone downhill from there. You could tell from her pre-show shots that she was going to be a bit of a dud, but what was with her comment at the press conference 'I don't know what to say to what it feels like to be the first asian because I don't know who I am', and then getting wasted at dinner? :huh:

Ha ha like Nnenna too and Kari - they're both so beautiful! And Mollie Sue and Sara both caught my eye. Wonder if either Jade or Furonda are going to cause Tyra to have another melt-down like she had with Camille - LOL

Can't wait for the make-overs

They finally picked a bunch of beautiful contestants..and they're actually tall! This is the first season where I cannot yet pick a front runner. I can't wait to see them after their makeovers. hmmm, let's try to guess whose hair they will cut short...and who will cry first. I wonder what they will do with Nnenna's hair.

I wonder if Nnenna will be everyone's favorite..until she starts getting arrogant..then people will no longer like her....like Yaya. Once they get the big head, their popularity falls off.

It's funny seeing all these pretty girls on the tube, then they cut to the My Life as a Cover Girl segment with the last winner (I forgot her name)...geez. That transition makes you go, WTH? If she was in the house with this year's contestants, she wouldn't last a week.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

America's Next Top Model

The "Cycle 6" contestants have been doing their homework: They came prepared with a walk and a sob story, and burst into the audition room screaming with fake enthusiasm. (Calling Jay Manuel your boyfriend? That's taking it a little far.) Right off the bat, you knew racist, uber-Republican, "my life is perfect" Dani was going to grab camera time and start some fights. It's a good thing she didn't really photograph well, or she'd have some death threats waiting for her back home. You want to talk about perfect lives? Sara just graduated from Georgetown and was minding her own business in the mall when she caught the eye of an ANTM scout. Of the sob stories, Nnenna is quite a contender, even if you never imagined that being called the love child of Eddie Murphy and Iman would be a good thing. I'm not quite convinced that Wendy's there because of her potential and not because she's a victim of Hurricane Katrina. Then again, the fashion world might love that damaged-alien vibe she's got. Former sex-phone operator Furonda is going to have to convince me further of her talent, too. I'm liking "regal" Danielle and Angelina-tattoo-stealing Leslie. Jury's still out on Brooke and her chin. I'm looking forward to the unfolding identity crisis of "I love/hate Asian men" Gina. Something tells me overconfident "biracial butterfly" Jade's going to become Tyra's psychological project, too. Preacher's daughter/amateur stripper Joanie seems rather well adjusted, and I'm wondering who changed all her singles to the hundred-dollar bill she was waving around to any girl who'd walk naked around the pool. When Jay dropped the bomb about going bald, I'm surprised anyone batted an eye. Don't they know the real makeovers don't come until Episode 2 or 3? But these bald caps were quite an innovative way to see just how well the wannabes could manipulate their facial expressions. And while Kathy was really funny before the shoot, licking the mannequins and saying she looked like a penis with ears, she just couldn't make that cuteness work for her in the photo.

I actually think this is the ugliest bunch they've ever had on. Nenna & Molly Sue are my favorites. It shouldn't be long before it becomes obvious who Tyra wants to win. Like Nicole from last season, one girl will never have the best photos, never win a challenge, won't have a personality, doesn't know how to pose BUT will still be kept on week after week. Keep your eye open for that girl. She will be the winner.

I'm so bummed I missed it this week... hubby accidentally erased it tonight before I got a change to watch the show... argh :angry: Luckily, first week and I should be able to catch up next one.

I'm so bummed I missed it this week... hubby accidentally erased it tonight before I got a change to watch the show... argh :angry: Luckily, first week and I should be able to catch up next one.

They replay the show on Tuesday, so you will be able to watch it before the new one on Wednesday!

Yah.. I like Nnenna... very pretty girl cept I can't freaking stand those ugly ass hairstyles she sports.

What the hell is it with these short haired girls styling their hair like they just woke up and don't know what a damn mirror is?

And yeah... I think alot of them are ugly actually.

What the hell is up with the milewide apart eyes? THAT is not attractive in my book. It just looks gross and.. alien.

And UUUUUGH... Gina is so fugly! I can't stand her or Miss I'm so Perfect Jade's ugly facial structure.

I'm sorry but those high high humongoid cheekbones just doesn't look good to me.

And I couldn't stand Kari's picture. She looked like a fish.. a really weird big headed, big lipped fish. I mean she's a cute girl any other time.... but that picture was just hideous.

Anywho.. enough of my bitching hehe.....

I liked Brooke's pic.. even though the judges didn't. I think she looks quite pretty in it and you really focus on her gorgeous eyes.. well.. the eye that's showing.

Danielle's was also very pretty. I wanna see some pics where she has to show her "flaw" though.. ie the gap in her teeth. Just to see if she's comfy with it and using it to her advantage... or what.

Mollie Sue's pic was very pretty as well. I like that she has a sorta grin on her face.

And yeah.. there were others that I liked as well.. but those 3 took the best looking pics IMO.

*nods*

I'm done babbling now :P heh

I can't wait till Jade, Furonda, Gina are gone.

UUUUUUUGH... when is Jade going to be GOOOONNNEE.

Good freakin lord she was just so unbearable this episode.

Freakin uncaring selfish ugly bitch! I just wanted to slap the crap out of her when she interrupted that New Orleans girl who was talking to her family on the phone.

I just wanna grab this heffer by her humongoid cheekbones and swing her around till her head pops off.

ANYWAYS......

Not surprised by who went home.. and even though it wasn't Jade.. I'm glad she did go home. I can't stand that eyes too far apart look that they seem to be loving this season.

I like Kari's photo this week. She looks like Angelina Jolie's lil sister in it. Least she doesn't look like a fish like she did in the last pic.

Mollie Sue's is also very nice. That haircut looks great on her.

Nnenna's pic looks great as well. Not very surprised they shaved her head..

Sara's photo is also very nice. I loved the haircut they gave her. I mean I would never get it, but it looks fantastic on her.

There are other good ones but those are the best imo.

And yeah... wish they had given some of the girls a bigger more dramatic makeover. Not just colored their hair different or blah blah bullcrap.

I love the chick with the Mia Farrow cut. She is so pretty. I'd root for her if she were about 3 inches taller.

Jade has a bad attitude, but I loved her hair.

The tall chick hated her shaved on the sides look. I agree, she was pretty before that. They jacked her up with that haircut.

I like the country girl with the gap. She's pretty.

I'm glad the new orleans girl left.

I like the chick they nicely called ugly. "she's not a conventional beauty". I see exactly what they're talking about. I can see her in a black and white ad.

I didn't like tha long black straight weave on that one girl. That was not cute on her. I think it's because her head is so small. They should have given her a big curly look. But at least it boosted her self esteem.

nnnennnna looks way better with a baldie.

I will be jumping for joy when they get rid of Jade - the girl has some major issues and I think she needs some therapy. Alot of people are saying it is all an act and that she is really insecure and blah blah blah, if that is the case then she really needs to go home and counselling. You do not act that way. especially when your in a competition, I hope shes gone soon! She is even worse then Brandy!

So far I am liking alot of the girls, but I wish the makeovers were more dramatic, it seems to get less and less!! My fav's so far are Brooke, Kari and Joanie oh yeah and Molly sue. I really think that Gina needs to go home, the girl is totally lost, I almost feel bad for her because she is making herself look really stupid!

I have nothing against Twiggy but I wish they would bring back Janice, I would love to see her reaction to Jade, that would be very interesting!!

I totally get what they're talking about with Brooke. She's not classically beautiful and I didn't pick her from the initial photo release but, there is just something that mesmerizing about Brooke and I can't wait to see more.

After the first two eppy's I still have Danielle, Kari and Mollie Sue on my list (taking Furonda off) but, now I've added Brooke and Nnenna.

Wow, Jade's sure some piece of work, and Furonda's not much better. But what would this show be without it's resident 'diva' - he he. With two this is like one of the best seasons yet! :lol:

How have you guys' favorites done in the past? My picks have been:

Season 1: Shannon

Season 2: Sara (the half-Egyptian girl)

Season 3: Yaya

Season 4: Keenyah and Rebeccah

Season 5: Kyle

So if my track record holds up, Nnenna, Kari and Mollie Sue don't stand a chance. It's either that Tyra doesn't like them or they get the criticism that they're 'too commercial', or a 'pretty girl, not a model'. Never would have thought Naima would win, but she looked really pretty last night.

But yeah, the makeovers weren't very dramatic - still, they turned out great, especially Mollie Sue's little pixie cut - cute! And yeah that Brooke girl's really starting to stand out - she kind of does look more 'modelly' than the other girls. What is it about her? Hmmm . . .

My favorite has never won, but I did guess on Nicole last season. I liked Nicole, but liked Nik better. I really like Mollie Sue, but their pics throughout the season don't matter. That's how Naima won. The judges said it themselves, do we choose the one who always had the perfect pictures or the one who nailed the FINAL cat walk? What a load!!!!!! Naima was just lucky to make it that far, even Tyra told her once that she forgot all about her. Jade should've went before Wendy. And Furonda should've went last week. Jade didn't even have a good picture to go along with her crappy attitude.

I didn't watch season 1

Season 2: Mercedes (2nd)

Season 3: Nicole (Mollie reminds me of Nicole, hopefully that's not an omen for MS)

Season 4: Rebecca (probably my favorite of them all to date) Kahlen second who came in 2nd lol

Season 5: Nik and Nicole (2nd and 1st)

Archived