"Chicken George" Hoax

Yana

George Boswell, better know for his antics as "Chicken George" on the U.S. version of Big Brother 1, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which has a 95% mortality rate.

Mr. Boswell, a former roofing contractor, had decided to moved to Los Angeles after his stint on the popular CBS show and began a career working for the same banner company which flew over the Big Brother house during his time there.

It was in early 2004 when Mr. Boswell, realizing that his lifestyle in L.A. had become stagnant, decided to uproot his family again and return to his hometown of Rockford, IL, and resurrect his previous life as a normal family man.

I have verified this through a couple of different sources... I will keep him and his family in my prayers and hope that he is in the 5% that beats this...

Guest Shockalot

Thats just devastating news.

I had heard the George had 'some kind of cancer' but just now confirming this is a deadly type of cancer is really upsetting.

I dont think he could be very old. He was what.. 43 for BB1?

Thats just terrible.

Heres a guy whos only thing in life was to make people smile and what an awesome dad.

I wish there was some way CBS and BB would be able to find a way to do some sort of a special presentation on him - at least to let the fans connect with him somehow.

If George was up to it I mean.

Im so sad for him.

This is very sad news. Chicken George was always my favorite Big Brother contestant. I liked him while he competed and continued to favor him over many of the contestants that came after him. I pray that his genuine sense of humor helps him to weather the storm throughout this painful and sad journey before him. Chicken George, my thoughts are with you and all your loved ones as you bravely face this together.

Thank God, George is OK

In regards to the rumour going around that George was dying of Pancreatic Cancer:

"I am in perfect health, it was just something somebody made up. I may need psychiatric help, but that has been the case all my Life." - George Boswell, BB1

Thought everyone should know...

Oh good thank you so much Ceci... I looked all over and didn't find anything to say this wasn't true... I am so glad it is made up... I hate that someone would do this, but am glad it's not true...

Guest Shockalot
Thought everyone should know...

Well I really hope THAT one is the accurate story and not the previous one.

The Cancer rumour was going around for about two years now and I wondered if it was being confused with BB1 Karen (who I understand really did have a cancer battle)

I tried to 'google' this one and the only site reporting it (so far) is actually a pretty dependable BB News and update website - so it was pretty scary.

The only 'suspicious' part was no reports from Rockford papers (that I could find) and you would sorta think his hometown might get the story first.

Man.. it would really help if Chickenman would do some interviews or keep a blog somewhere!!

George?

I agree it's hard to know when these reports are true or not. I just happen to read spamgirl's post about him being ok before I read the thread here... so, I thought I would share.

What I do know is spamgirl is a pretty reliable source and since she quoted George himself I thought it appropriate to share.

Guest Shockalot
I agree it's hard to know when these reports are true or not. I just happen to read spamgirl's post about him being ok before I read the thread here... so, I thought I would share.

What I do know is spamgirl is a pretty reliable source and since she quoted George himself I thought it appropriate to share.

Your right.. Spamgirl is pretty reliable, like you say if its a first hand account.

Lets hope so.

That does sound like something Chickenman would say too.

Id still like to see more before I can rest easy.

Archived