Episode 2.10: The 23rd Psalm

Jem

Airdate: January 11, 2006

• 11/28 - Eko-centric. Source: SecretAgentMan at TWoP
I knew the way he looked at the Bible was something.
  • 11/29 - Mr. Eko's upcoming flashback episode, titled "The 23rd Psalm," will shed more light on why the character took a 40-day vow of silence on the island. And producers promise more info on that stick. "It has its own flashback," [Damon] Lindelof quips. Source: TV Guide
spoilerfix.com

11/29 - Mr. Eko's upcoming flashback episode, titled "The 23rd Psalm," will shed more light on why the character took a 40-day vow of silence on the island. And producers promise more info on that stick. "It has its own flashback," [Damon] Lindelof quips. Source: TV Guide

spoilerfix.com

Now THIS is the episode I can't wait to see!

Psalm 23

..."The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,

He leads me beside the still waters,

He restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness

for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of

the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy will

follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord

forever."

I have been reading that passage over and over since I heard about the name of the episode. I'm with you about being excited about this episode. Because it appears that no number in this show is random or coincidental, Psalm 2 and Psalm 10 (both very interesting if you read a little into them) :) Psalm 10 specifically talks about the wicked man hunting down the weak..."He lies in wait like a lion in cover; he lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catched the helpless and drags them of in his net" (Psalm 10:9)

Between John Locke and the real John Locke's theories on Faith and Reason and now Mr. Eko's Psalm...

I have a feeling this show is going to throw me back into my old college text books, like the DaVinci Code did. AHHH...love it!

I missed you kayo! :D

Thank you! You're sweet, but did I go somewhere? ;)

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

• 01/04 - Mistaking Shannon for an Other, Ana Lucia killed her. So it's not a shock that the fuselage folks have been a little apprehensive about the tail-section survivors joining their camp. Those feelings intensify on January 11 when the imposing Mr. Eko learns Charlie's got a Virgin Mary statue, and demands the recovering junkie show him where he found it. That means a trek back to the downed Beechcraft full of heroin and a dead Nigerian "priest." "Eko [is] connected into the story of the drug plane," says executive producer Carlton Cuse. "People are curious about where that plane came from. We're gonna explain that." And what's Eko been up to with that big stick he's always carrying around? Reveals executive producer and cocreator Damon Lindelof, "He's carving Scripture on it." Remember the monster? We last saw it in May's season finale, when it appeared as a slithering mass of black smoke. "We will be seeing the monster in the January 11 episode," Lindelof says. Indeed, one character will have an up-close-and-personal encounter with the thing so viewers will get a better, longer look, too. Source: TV Guide (Printed edition)
  • 12/21 - Master Sgt. Crystal L. Anderson was an extra in a filming of LOST in Hawaii. She played a member of a church congregation. The scene was designed to depict the mental flashback of a character in the show named Mr. Eko, played by veteran actor Adewale Akinnuowy-Agbaje. Per an interview with a local army newspaper, she says Mr. Eko is "king of the warlords" in Nigeria. He enters the church with other warlords and asks his brother, a minister in the church, to ordain him as a minister. Everyone is frightened, knowing Mr. Eko's reputation, and the church is cleared, so only two warlords, Mr. Eko and his brother, are left. Source: The Transmission
  • 12/21 - Guest starring are Adetokumboh McCormack as Yemi, Ronald Revels as Goldie, Pierre Olivier as Olu, Kolawolfe Obileye, Jr. as young Eko, Cynthia Charles as Nigerian woman, John Bryan as thug captain, Ellis St. Rose as priest, Moumen El Hajji as tough Moroccan, Lawrence Jones as lead soldier, Olekan Obileye as young Yemi and Achraf Marzouki as Moroccan no. 2. Source: ABC
  • 12/15 - Mr. Eko interrogates Charlie about the Virgin Mary statue, Claire begins to lose faith in Charlie when she discovers his secret, and Jack is an interested observer when Kate gives the recovering Sawyer a much-needed haircut. Source: ABC
  • 11/29 - Mr. Eko's upcoming flashback episode, titled "The 23rd Psalm," will shed more light on why the character took a 40-day vow of silence on the island. And producers promise more info on that stick. "It has its own flashback," [Damon] Lindelof quips. Source: TV Guide

cannot wait, cannot wait, CANNOT WAIT!!! This is torture, I tell you!

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

• 01/09 - This is the first chapter in Eko's backstory. The monster is back, better and badder. Eko will have his first monster experience. We will be learning more about the monster that will confirm some of the fan theories as to what the monster is, especially in one shot. Source: January 9, Lost Podcast

Too late :P

Darn!!!! lol

It was cool watching the series again. The season finale was just too good. Showing everyone before and as they were getting on the plane. I love the "If they only knew' thing.

Guest ranster627

29 hours and 37ish minutes to the LOST recap episode and then a new one!!!! I am glad they are recapping just to hone my senses!!!!!

Guest ranster627
they are playing recap where you are?

yup we get the recap at 8, then the new episode and then a new invasion episode at 10

27 and a half hours to recap

Apx. 26 hours for MSTr's!

Actually this six-week break has been good...we now have several more family members and friends hooked because we made them watch our entire 1st season dvds and this season's episodes to get them up to speed. They have now been sucked in to the LOST vortex and there is no turning back...bwah hah hah! (think mysterious, maniacal laughter ;) )

Quote from T.V. Guide's "Moment of the Week" entitled "Mr. Eko's Shocking Backstory":

"Out of the shadow of the fiery Ana Lucia, enigmatic wingman Mr. Eko has emerged as one cool cat. This week we finally get the big tailie's tale: before he took a turn for the religious, Eko had a violent past. Guess that's how he ended up with a one-way ticket to the island of misfit toys." :lol:

NINE HOURSfor us mountain standard timers!!!

Archived