Superman

Angelo Joe

• 7 months later...

I won tickets to see the premiere of Superman Returns and I thought It was a awesome movie. I cant compare to other Supermans cause Ive never actually set down and watched them but from where I was sitting great movie . Def worth seeing!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad they went with an unknown to play the part of Clark Kent/Superman. He is perfect in the role. Kevin Spacey plays Lex Luther a little less campy and a little more evil than Gene Hackman- which is a good thing. And finally, Kate Bosworth is SUCH an improvement in the role of Lois Lane! I can still never figure out why they had Margot Kidder in the 70's Superman. Blehh!

Only complaints: 1. Way too strong on the "Superman as a Christ-like figure" references...sooo obvious.

2. Parker Posey- ick. 3. Since Kryptonite is the only thing that can bring down Superman, additional movies may get a tad too predictable and tedious.

I have to admit that I'm much more of a Batman and Spiderman fan (I love that they have flaws and aren't quite so invincible) and definitely think that Batman Begins and Spiderman 2 were much better films, but all in all, this is a very entertaining movie.

The beginning sequence with the title and credits is a great bit of sensory overload, so don't miss it!

Archived