morty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of: ABC, THE BACHELOR

CASTING NOW: DEADLINE IS AUGUST 15

OOO-LA-LA! THE BACHELOR GOES TO PARIS!

The most romantic city in the world plays host to the eighth edition of ABC's popular romance reality series -- and the search is on for the next Bachelor and his bevy of Bachelorettes!

From the magnificent view from of the Eiffel Tower to strolling down the breathtaking Champs Elys

(Sorry the Deadline has passed. Wonder if the unrest in Paris will or has affected filming.)

Wow! You would think if they closed casting in August they start in September/October. They better straighten out this world situation it's starting to screw up reality TV.

-M

travisstork_bachelorparis_240_003.jpgtravisstork_bachelorparis_240_004.jpg

(Pictures from ZAP2IT.COM)

TWENTY-FIVE BEAUTIFUL BACHELORETTES WILL BE PAGING NEW BACHELOR DOCTOR TRAVIS STORK -- STAT -- AS HE ROMANCES THEM IN PARIS, WHEN THE BACHELOR RETURNS TO ABC ON JANUARY 9, 2006

Vanderbilt Medical Center's Own "Dr. McDreamy" Will Star in the Popular Romance Reality Series, Which Will Be Set -- for the First Time Ever -- Outside the United States, In the Most Romantic City in the World

Travis Stork, a handsome 33-year-old ER doctor who is completing his residency at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, has been selected to star in the eighth edition of The Bachelor, when ABC's popular romance reality series returns to the network on MONDAY, JANUARY 9 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET). For the first time ever the series will be set outside the United States in the most romantic city in the world - Paris!

Travis, who graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duke University and earned his MD from University of Virginia, has a true passion for helping people, but the one thing that is missing is a woman to share his life. Now he will take on that challenge against a spectacular backdrop that will include the Eiffel Tower, the breathtaking Champs Elys

• 1 month later...

The Bios

8bio_ali.jpg

Ali D. NBA Dancer, Hometown: Seattle WA, Age: 26

8bio_allie.jpg

Allie G. Doctor, Oncologist, Hometown: Delray FL, Age: 33

8bio_April.jpg

April Corporate Real Estate, Hometown: Dallas TX, Age: 29

8bio_Cole.jpg

Cole Sales Executive, Hometown: Walnut Creek CA, Age: 26

8bio_Cortney.jpg

Cortney Law Clerk, Hometown: Los Angeles CA, Age: 28

8bio_Elizabeth.jpg

Elizabeth Social Worker, Hometown: Windham NH, Age: 24

8bio_Jaime.jpg

Jaime Physician Recruiter, Hometown: Big Rock VA, Age 29

8bio_Jehan.jpg

Jehan Vitamin Sales Rep, Hometown: Chicago IL, Age: 29

8bio_Jennifer.jpg

Jennifer Model, Hometown: Boston MA, Age: 25

8bio_Kathy.jpg

Kathy Graduate Student, Hometown: Stockton CA, Age: 25

The Bios....Continued

8bio_Kristen.jpg

Kristen Marketing Director, Hometown: Bonita Springs FL, Age: 25

8bio_Kyle.jpg

Kyle Senior Copy Writer, Hometown: New Port Beach CA, Age: 25

8bio_Lisa.jpg

Lisa IT Recruiter, Hometown: Overland Park KS, Age: 24

8bio_Liza.jpg

Liza Trade Clerk, Hometown: Chicago IL, Age: 23

8bio_Moana.jpg

Moana Distribution Manager, Hometown: Los Angeles CA, Age: 26

8bio_Princess.jpg

Princess Substitute Teacher, Hometown: Los Angeles CA, Age: 26

8bio_Sarah.jpg

Sara H. Marketing Manager, Hometown: Minneapolis MN, Age: 24

8bio_Sarahb.jpg

Sarah B. Student, Hometown: Winnipeg Canada, Age: 23

8bio_Sarahs.jpg

Sarah S. Kindergarten Teacher, Hometown: Nashville TN, Age: 26

8bio_Shiloh.jpg

Shiloh Advertising Manager, Hometown: Phoenix AZ, Age: 29

The Bios.....Continued

8bio_Stephanie.jpg

Stephanie Public Relations Director, Hometown: Walnut Creek CA, Age: 25

8bio_Susan.jpg

Susan Financial Associate, Hometown: Overland Park KS, Age: 25

8bio_Tara.jpg

Tara Retail Sales, Hometown: San Diego CA, Age: 23

8bio_Venus.jpg

Venus Physician, Hometown: Huntington Beach CA, Age 33

8bio_Yvonne.jpg

Yvonne CFO of Marketing Firm, Hometown: Miami FL, Age: 28

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Newest 'Bachelor' Knows He Won't Always Have Paris

By Rick Porter

Friday, January 06, 2006

11:44 AM PT

It seems natural to set the latest incarnation of "The Bachelor" in and around Paris, given the city's reputation (fueled in no small part by decades of movie portrayals) as among the most romantic in the world.

There's just one problem with that, says Travis Stork, the guy at the center of ABC's eighth matchmaking exercise: Adding the fantastic setting to what's already a fantasy of a show makes it that much harder to forge a real, lasting relationship.

"It's something we were all cognizant of," says the 33-year-old Stork, an emergency-room doctor at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn. "As the show progresses, part of the decision-making process is, How would this relationship play out back in America? It wasn't lost on me that we were living this fantasy life."

That said, Stork thinks both he and the 25 women looking to become his one and only are "smart enough to realize that a relationship has to go beyond just the experience in France."

Viewers will get to meet Stork and his would-be girlfriends when "The Bachelor: Paris" premieres at 10 p.m. ET Monday (Jan. 9). ABC is hoping that the change in locale -- previous editions have been set in Los Angeles and New York -- and the fact that the show's been away for a while will help revive ratings, which have flagged as the show has been largely unsuccessful at creating long-term relationships (though the previous two Bachelors, Byron Velvick and Charlie O'Connell, are, as far as we know, still with their chosen women, Mary Delgado and Sarah Brice).

Stork is aware of the show's record in these matters but doesn't appear daunted by it, although he laughs when asked why he was still single when the show approached him.

"Everyone acts like it's a plague to be single," he says. "Life is all about timing, and I always felt like when the time is right, I'll end up with the right person. When this opportunity arose, who was I to say this wasn't the way I was supposed to meet that person?"

Initially, though, he turned down the chance to be on the show. He says he was out with friends in Nashville when a casting director approached him, "and we had a nice long conversation, and afterward I said thanks, but no thanks."

Until, that is, he told his sister, a "huge" fan of the show, about his encounter. "When she got wind of this she was actually a little upset that I didn't plan on seeing it through. So she essentially made me promise I'd consider it. And one thing led to another, and soon thereafter I was on my way to Paris."

In France, the show put Stork up at a 14th-century chateau that makes previous "Bachelor" pads, be they Malibu mansions or Manhattan brownstones, look like broom closets. Better than the building itself, though, were the acres of forest land adjacent to the property, which Stork used "to clear my mind" while hiking and mountain biking.

Unfortunately for more than half the women, their time in France was mercilessly short -- Stork is forced to send 13 of the 25 home on the first night in a rose ceremony that leads to one of the more memorable jilted-suitor confrontations in the show's history.

"That's unlike anything I've ever had to do in real life," he says. "They all arrived in Paris with expectations -- excited to see the city, see the country. And that first night, before they ever really have that opportunity, I'm sending over half of them back to America. I felt bad doing that."

Which brings us back to the show's fantasy element. Stork is contractually obligated to remain coy about whether he and one of the women were able to break through the trappings of "The Bachelor" and find love. "Let's just say," he says, "I'm really happy with the way things ended."

Help me out I didnt get all the girls that got the roses.

I got:

Sara B

Jennifer

Shiloh

Susan

Sarah S

Kristin

Yvonne

Cole

Can you help me get the rest of the names and I will give them their roses.

8bio_Cole.jpgred.jpg

Cole Sales Executive, Hometown: Walnut Creek CA, Age: 26

8bio_Elizabeth.jpgred.jpg

Elizabeth Social Worker, Hometown: Windham NH, Age: 24

8bio_Jehan.jpgred.jpg

Jehan Vitamin Sales Rep, Hometown: Chicago IL, Age: 29

8bio_Jennifer.jpgred.jpg

Jennifer Model, Hometown: Boston MA, Age: 25

8bio_Kristen.jpgred.jpg

Kristen Marketing Director, Hometown: Bonita Springs FL, Age: 25

8bio_Moana.jpgred.jpg

Moana Distribution Manager, Hometown: Los Angeles CA, Age: 26

8bio_Sarahb.jpgred.jpg

8bio_Sarahs.jpgred.jpg

8bio_Shiloh.jpgred.jpg

Shiloh Advertising Manager, Hometown: Phoenix AZ, Age: 29

8bio_Susan.jpgred.jpg

Susan Financial Associate, Hometown: Overland Park KS, Age: 25

8bio_Tara.jpgred.jpg

Tara Retail Sales, Hometown: San Diego CA, Age: 23

8bio_Yvonne.jpgred.jpg

Yvonne CFO of Marketing Firm, Hometown: Miami FL, Age: 28

Yea, Dr. Allie is a psycho!!! But, there's one every season!

My prediction for final two is Elizabeth and Sarah (from Nashville)

Could be a good season, I see lots of cat-fights!!

Yvonne is already rubbin' me wrong for some reason, just don't like her right out of the gate.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

The Bachelor: Paris

This show cracks me up. Despite relocating to Paris with the promise of some added flavor and European flair, The Bachelor just can't break out of its tried-and-true formula: 25 attractive yet borderline crazy women, roses, rose ceremonies, hyperbole and an overly excited host. Don't get me wrong, Chris Harrison embodies that perfect mix of solemnity (for love is a serious business) and cheesiness required for such a show, but it scares me that he seems more excited about the women than the actual bachelor does. Speaking of formulaic, this year's hunk, Travis Stork, though tall and handsome, is a bit of a Bachelor clich

Courtesy of: ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, POPWATCH

Rotten eggs spoil 'The Bachelor'

9416__allie_l.jpg

Can television crush your soul? Probably not. But I sure felt like it might last night while watching the season premiere of The Bachelor on ABC. Granted, the show's never been feel-good reality in the vein of the network's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, but watching 33-year-old oncologist Allie's biological clock explode in the middle of a Paris chateau made me feel emotionally dead inside.

You knew it wasn't going to end well when Allie (pictured,with E.R. doctor Travis, this season's prize package), told the doc that she was ready to begin ''the reproductive phase'' of her life (in their first significant conversation, too!), but it was her confession to the show's camera crew that hit me hardest: ''The reason why I am here is definitely to find a husband. Hopefully, the bachelor will be that guy, because quite frankly, my eggs are rotting.''

I hoped against all indicators that girlfriend would hold it together when Travis chose to send her and 13 other eager singles back to the States, but -- oh no! -- Allie instead confronted her fellow M.D., demanding to know if she was ''too short'' or if it was her ''small boobs'' that prompted him to ditch her in favor of model Jennifer, wild-eyed Shiloh, and Tara Reid-lookalike Kristen, among others.

Fair enough, Allie has no one but herself to blame for flying across the Atlantic for a reality TV show instead of getting in a car and driving to the nearest licensed therapist, but the way the show lingered on her post-rejection rant struck me as particularly cruel. You can't compare it to last season's meltdown of resident witch Sarah W., who deserved to get taken down a notch or three. And juxtaposed with at least six mentions of the word ''romantic,'' five references to ''fairytale,'' and four uses of the word ''journey'' (one in French!), the whole scene was the opposite of amorous, akin to downing an after-dinner glass of bile.

What did you think of last night's season premiere of The Bachelor? And will you be back for Episode 2?

Michael Slezak | 01.10.06, 09:00 AM

Courtesy of: ssheader.gif

Retort makes Delray doctor a standout on TV's The Bachelor

By Missy Stoddard Staff Writer

Posted January 11 2006

Blame it on tricky editing, too much alcohol and too little food.

Add them together and you get an embarrassed doctor who appeared Monday night on ABC's The Bachelor. The reality show features 25 beautiful women vying for the affection of one telegenic emergency room doctor against the backdrop of a Paris castle.

In the hourlong season premiere, Dr. Allie Garcia-Serra, 33, of Delray Beach, is portrayed as a woman whose biological clock is blaring. During her first meeting with Dr. Travis Stork -- yes, that's his real name -- Garcia-Serra blurts out that she is ready to begin the "reproductive phase" of her life.

So when it came time for Stork to hand out roses to 12 of the 25 women, signifying their progression to the next round, Garcia-Serra found herself empty-handed. Demanding an answer about not being chosen, a teary Garcia-Serra was less than discreet, asking Stork about whether her backside was too big or her breasts too small. If he wasn't participating in the show to have a family with someone, then he was a phony, she declared on camera.

Garcia-Serra, a radiation oncologist at Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, explained Tuesday that she sort of panicked when a fellow contestant interrupted her conversation with Stork toward the end of the evening. The first thing that came out of her mouth was the reproductive comment, she said. What she really meant to say was that she had spent the past decade building a career and wanted to spend the next one building a life and family with someone special.

"I'll be 34 in March and I was just being realistic," she said. "From my medical background, I know that fertility exponentially declines after 27. My sense of urgency isn't now, but within the next 10 years."

For 12 hours on the day of taping, the women were given lots of alcohol and little food, she added.

"We were drinking champagne and wine," she said. "There were French variety finger foods but that doesn't count. It was like a cracker, not like lasagna. It makes for good TV."

Executive Producer Lisa Levenson disputes the food issue, but said Garcia-Serra was one of her favorite bachelorettes of all time.

"She's the one woman in the history of hundreds that actually stood up to the bachelor and gave him a piece of her mind," she said. "I think the water cooler talk going on today is probably 40 to 50 percent Allie. I love it when someone makes their mark."

Garcia-Serra realized there was some "irrational behavior" on her part toward the end of the evening, though she wasn't sure just how much. She found out on Monday night.

"The final product is edited and spliced and diced and made to make you think one way," she said. "When I saw it, I saw myself as a pathetic, desperate girl wanting to reproduce right now and that's so not me. If that's what [ABC] wants to portray me as, fine. I'm having fun with it."

She has been the subject of loads of national media attention and is launching a Web site -- drallieg.com -- on which she'll hawk T-shirts bearing slogans such as "Let's Reproduce" and "My Eggs are Rotting."

Garcia-Serra has roots in South Florida. She graduated from Miami's private Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart and earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Miami before attending medical school in Oklahoma. She deals mostly with geriatric patients, most of whom were probably asleep when the evening show aired, she joked.

Garcia-Serra said she has tried dating methods both conventional and not, including the Internet, dating services and fix ups. But she's not giving up.

"I am single and ready to mingle," she said.

~~

21383528.jpg

Daddy's girl

Dr. Allie Garcia-Serra of Delray Beach did not get a rose during her appearance on TV's The Bachelor, but her father gave her one after she was booted off the reality show, which features a group of women trying to win the affection of a bachelor.

(Photo/Josh Ritchie)

Jan 11, 2006

models_1.jpg

Heres Cassandra...which Sarah was it?

8bio_Sarah.jpg

Sara H. Marketing Manager, Hometown: Minneapolis MN, Age: 24

8bio_Sarahb.jpg

8bio_Sarahs.jpg

I would say Sarah H. Is that the one you were thinking of>

I agree that he's not groping and macking on all the women and that's a good thing. But, I just don't see any personality in this guy at all. And he's sorta good looking in an awkward yet charming way but, then sometimes I think he just looks like a dork. LOL I don't know... there's just something missing from this guy and seems like there's something missing from the girls too... just all seems so ho-hum so far. (Probably end up being the most successful season yet... hahaha)

I'll throw this out there too. I was talking to my hubby last night and he said Susan and Sarah were his fav's. But, I was like Sarah!!! I mean I sorta liked her the first night but, by the end of the 2nd eppy I was like her baby/cutesy/stoned out voice was soooo soooo irritating. My hubby laughed and said it's so funny what other women find unattractive about other women is usually exactly what men love about a woman. He said that the cutesy thing she is doing with her voice is a very big turn on. I was quite surprised. Not that I haven't done that voice to be all so cute with my hubby but 24/7... how annoying! :rolleyes: LOL

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE ATERCOOLER

The Bachelor: Paris

At first I wasn't so keen on ABC's rebroadcast of the premiere episode with never-before-seen footage. How manipulative of them to strong-arm viewers into catching a repeat! I was pleasantly surprised, however, by this new and improved version. It helped me catch my breath and settle into the show by getting a second look at now-familiar faces with some added insight to my first impressions. Plus it gave viewers more footage with which to mock Allie G., this season's desperate suitor. I loved that, behind closed doors, Travis' confessional reactions mirrored my own. His unbridled giggles at Allie G.'s use of the word "reproduction" was priceless. I mean really, "Who says that?!" Who, indeed. And who goes on a dating show with a friend to compete for the same guy? Susan and Lisa, that's who. I hope that in a future confessional at least one of these gal pals explains why they would test their friendship this way.

Now that we know everybody, let's move on to the dating. It was either bubbly, blonde Kristin's poetry or her bad teeth that did her in on the first one-on-one date. The group dates were pretty bland: drinks atop the Arc de Triomphe and champagne tasting in, of all places, Champagne. Travis gets along well with everyone, so at this point everyone is at risk of being sent home. The dates were a wake-up call to women like Sara and Susan who were feeling pretty secure but didn't receive a flower on their outings. Though Travis' face speaks volumes, he is great at maneuvering through awkward situations. When Tara and Jehan, the unexpected pre-rose-ceremony rose recipients, busted up Susan's private birthday celebration with Travis, you could see the frustration on his face. Ever charming, he sent them off with a gentle reprimand and a piece of cake. Moments away from a hot kiss, I'm not sure I would have been so kind.

At the rose ceremony, Travis made his first real cuts. Susan had to sweat it out and wonder if Yvonne, Cole or Elizabeth would get chosen over her, while we all knew she was going to get picked. Despite the faux drama, this Bachelor is holding my interest. Though my colleague Nicole thinks it rude that Chris Harrison referred to Travis as the "best Bachelor ever" when so many have come before, I may have to agree with that assessment.