Themed Competitions

Brekkie Boy

I'm not going into ideas for revamping the formats of competitions this time (my brain isn't up to it at the moment!) but one idea I think could improve the show is by having a theme to competitions each week, beginning with the Head of Household competition. The theme would continue with the Food Competition, Veto Competition and Luxury Competition.

Also, this could pave the way for the introduction of on-going "Weekly tasks" as luxury competitions, running over three or four days.

I want your ideas for a themed week of competitions, covering Head of Household, Food, Veto and Luxury. You can use previous competitions if they work with your theme, though it's better if you can try and add a new twist.

I'll begin with an example:

THEME: DISCO FEVER

HoH: GETTING READY!

Houseguests must race against the clock to be ready for tonight's disco. They must change into their 70s outfits, race down the red carpet and down a cocktail, with the first one to do so being the new HoH.

FOOD: COCKTAILS FROM HELL

It's a game done in various forms before - and this time it's cocktails. Each cocktail contains a mystery ingredient, with each HG having to identify it by drinking their cocktail.

VETO: SNAPSHOT

Our Veto contestants compete individually as they become the paparazzi. Armed with a digital camera, the contestants enter the garden which has been transformed into Hollywood. They must try and snap as many "celebs" as possible as they briefly make their apperance, with the HG who takes the most photos of celebs being the winner.

LUXURY: ON THE DANCE FLOOR

A dance floor is erected in the garden. Each houseguest is assigned a dance - and when their music is played they have 1 minute to grab a partner and get to the dancefloor and perform their moves. The HoH's dance is the Conga - which must be done with all the houseguests. It's a game that lasts a few days, and the houseguests can be called to the dancefloor any time day or night, with only three fails allowed. Complete the challenge though and the houseguests get their very own night on the town - in the house of course!

And that's my idea. Coming with with four competitions within the same theme is more difficult than you think (my Veto comp is evident of that!) - but it's something that could make the next series feel different, especially if each week the house is given a mini-makeover to match the theme - which in my case would mean some bad 70s decor and disco balls!

There are a number of themes you can look at - periods in history, topics of interest, even TV programmes or in CBS's case, sponsors - such as a week of games linked to K-Mart :P and of course, probably reserved for the final week, Big Brother itself!

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping for some contribution to this thread - so anyone with ideas feel free to add them!

I'm going to suggest now "WINTER WONDERLAND", a week of Winter type competitions in the middle of an LA summer.

HoH: THE COOLER - similar to the Pressure Cooker, but this time as things heat up, the temperature drops. Basically Big Brother controls the temperature and as the competition progresses, the temeperature in the cooler drops. It continues until one houseguest remains (or all houseguests have frozen to death, whichever comes first!) :lol:

FOOD: SNOWMAN - split into two teams, they have to compete against each other to complete a 3D Snowman puzzle - as a snow blizzard covers the back yard!

VETO: SNOWBALL - the contestants have to through snowballs at targets to eliminate their opponents.

LUXURY: SNOWSEARCH - the backyard is covered in snow, but hidden in the snow are golden keys. Whoever finds the golden keys wins a ticket to the Winter Ball - while the others will be left out in the cold!

I was hoping for some contribution to this thread - so anyone with ideas feel free to add them!

I'm going to suggest now "WINTER WONDERLAND", a week of Winter type competitions in the middle of an LA summer.

HoH: THE COOLER - similar to the Pressure Cooker, but this time as things heat up, the temperature drops. Basically Big Brother controls the temperature and as the competition progresses, the temeperature in the cooler drops. It continues until one houseguest remains (or all houseguests have frozen to death, whichever comes first!) :lol:

FOOD: SNOWMAN - split into two teams, they have to compete against each other to complete a 3D Snowman puzzle - as a snow blizzard covers the back yard!

VETO: SNOWBALL - the contestants have to through snowballs at targets to eliminate their opponents.

LUXURY: SNOWSEARCH - the backyard is covered in snow, but hidden in the snow are golden keys. Whoever finds the golden keys wins a ticket to the Winter Ball - while the others will be left out in the cold!

Or.... they could give them paddles, or a block, or just cards with different letters, have them stand in some kind of booths, or something so they couldn't see each other, and ask multiple choice questions. OH OH OH!! Then, if they had a tie, they could have some 'closest without going over' number guessing game...

How's that?

What???

Already been done????

Hmmmm ....... I guess I'll take that as a compliment. I'm sure they pay the best and brightest creative minds to work on ideas for this show. I'm flatterred that 'little old me' could come up with something as brilliant!

OK -- I'm done. Just in case you didn't quite get it, I was being sarcastic. I really couldn't believe the boring, lame, challenges they came up with . Mulitple choice questions are ok for challenges, but they did way too many. It was like, every other challenge, I think..

So, the suggestions given here are superb! I wish you did work for BB. Cuz, the people who are, aren't doing a very good job!

Archived