Episode 2.11: The Hunting Party

Jem

Airdate: December 2005

• 11/10 - This episode features two guest stars, a wealthy middle aged Italian man and a gorgeous Italian woman who may possibly recur. Source: SecretAgentMan at TWoP
  • 11/23 - Jack-centric. Julie Bowen will guest star. Source: Ain't It Cool News
  • 12/01 - Damon Lindelof revealed that John Terry will be in this episode. Source: Ain't It Cool News
source - spoilerfix.com

• 3 weeks later...

Question- You have this episode listed with a December airdate. This episode doesn't come before The 23rd Psalm (Jan. 11 airdate) episode does it?

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: January 18, 2006

• 01/04 - Where's Wait? At the end of the November 30 episode, Michael sat down at the hatch's computer and got a shock: a message addressed to "Dad." Is it really from his missing son, Walt? Or might it be the handiwork of the deadly Others who nabbed him? Our lips are sealed, but we'll get closer to an answer when someone makes a chilling return in the January 18 episode. [...] And on January 18, we'll finally learn some of the problems that plagued Jack's marriage to Sarah and why that's bad news for any romance with Kate. Source: TV Guide (Printed edition)
  • 12/30 - Guest starring are John Terry as Dr. Shephard, Julie Bowen as Sarah, Monica Dean as Gabriela, Ronald Guttman as Angelo and M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly. Source: ABC
  • 12/19 - Jack, Locke and Sawyer pursue a determined Michael after he heads into the jungle toward the dreaded "Others" in search of Walt. Meanwhile, Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin's desire to join the search party, and Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of "what women want." Monica Dean, Ronald Guttman and John Terry guest star amongst others. Source: ABC

(Looks like the airdate has been changed again.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Next Episode:

Wednesday, Jan.18, 9/8c

"The Hunting Party"

Jack, Locke and Sawyer pursue a determined Michael after he heads into the jungle toward the dreaded "Others" in search of Walt. Meanwhile, Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin's desire to join the search party, and Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of "what women want."

from ABC

Since this article/interview contains potential spoilers, I decided it best to post it here instead of the media section. Jem, you are free to move it if I messed up ;)

Courtesy of TV GUIDE, Jan. 16-22 issue

Q & A with Matthew Fox:

What can you tell us about Jack's flashback episdoe, which airs Jan. 18th?

It's difficult material, especially the backstory stuff. Jack's a very egotistical guy, and ther's a big part of him that is starting to believe he can do things that other people can't. In the flashback, he takes on another case that would require another miracle, like the one when he cured (wife) Sarah, and , in the process, he ends up losing the one thing that's most important to him-his wife. Ths ties into the island story where Michael runs off into the jungle looking for Walt. Jack feels responsible for it, as he does with pretty much everthing. He's driven to bring Michael back and runs up against a brick wall.

What kind of brick wall?

It's a situation where he has to confront the reality that somebody else has control and is dictating to him what he's going to do, and Jack has a hard time accepting that. I love those types of situations because I certainly experience that in my life.

Have you been surprised at how much fans hate Ana Lucia, played by Michelle Rodriguez?

It doesn't surprise me. But I think it's important she's been that hardcore. Tha's a great place for that character to start. Certainly, working with Michelle, I find she puts out that hardcore thing. But it's really endearing to me. I can't wait as we get closer, both as characters and as people, to see the onion being pulled back and finding a deeper vulnerability.

So Jack's going to get closer to Ana Lucia?

I think he's moving away from Kate and toward Ana. At the end of the Jan. 18 episode, Jack feels like Kate has betrayed him. You realize he cares for her so freakin' much-more than he wants to-and it's this idea of "I'm not gonna get attached to anything that can make me feel pain." He's really pushing her away.

What does Jack see in Ana Lucia?

I think Jack and Ana Lucia can be that dysfunctional, irrational pairing of two people who have similar views. They're the Bonnie and Clyde. It's that thing where you're helping each other do something that, on some level, you know is out of whack but because you're doing it together, it makes it all right. It's dark and twisted and interesting.

What else can you tell us about what's coming up?

I think we're heading into the Lord of the Flies-type thing, seeing people not trust each other and feel they're being taken advantage of. You're gonna see the characters turn more selfish and inward and dark.

Will more characters die?

I have a feeling more people are gonna go. The cool thing about Lost- and I think it is a cool thing-is that some of these characters are gonna perish. Maybe the people you care about the most.

Not Jack!

It could be. think it can be anybody. There's some sort of big epic battle they're up against, and I think it's gonna be necessary for certain people to sacrifice themselves so the battle can move forward in the right direction.

Very interesting comments, don't you think?

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: January 18, 2006

[*] 01/04 - Where's Wait? At the end of the November 30 episode, Michael sat down at the hatch's computer and got a shock: a message addressed to "Dad." Is it really from his missing son, Walt? Or might it be the handiwork of the deadly Others who nabbed him? Our lips are sealed, but we'll get closer to an answer when someone makes a chilling return in the January 18 episode.

Does anyone know who the "chilling return" is referring to? Walt, Rousseau, Desmond or one of the others from the boat, perhaps?

Guest ranster627
Does anyone know who the "chilling return" is referring to? Walt, Rousseau, Desmond or one of the others from the boat, perhaps?

I am thinking the taily who got taken right before they found our Losties ... (I think she was a stewardess?)

I am thinking the taily who got taken right before they found our Losties ... (I think she was a stewardess?)

Cindy! I had forgotten about her....good thought, Ran...

Guest ranster627
i hope it is cindy

Ya, I liked her from the little we saw of her .... whoever it is, I think it will be a woman .... seems like they are balancing out the cast .... we will know this evening though!

Here is a link for those interested in video clip previews from tonight's episode...I think Michael is definitely going off the deep end! Is it because he tried to communicate on the pc??

http://television.aol.com/feature/lost_tv

Guest ranster627
Here is a link for those interested in video clip previews from tonight's episode...I think Michael is definitely going off the deep end! Is it because he tried to communicate on the pc??

http://television.aol.com/feature/lost_tv

Kayo, you're my hero!

Wow!!!! Amazing show!

Anyone else notice that the "other" knew a lot about them? Sure they have Walt, but I wonder if there may be yet another mole among them?

Ochhhhhh!Me first question wo' ave been WHO are ye an how'd ye get here!Not that they'd answer.The answer tae the others knowing so much aboot the survivors could be as simple as they're stealthy & are constantly nearby listening..watchin.Also sounds like the others purposely sent ol Mikey off on a wild goose chase aye?Rather cultish...maybe who e'er comes back will be brainwashed.

great episode.

Few questions:

Why didn't Jack and Locke go get Jin or Eko. They asked Sawyer if the area looked familiar and which side was the ocean on when they were at the other camp. For most of the return journey, Sawyer was passed out, or at least not in a good condition to notice a lot. Eko would have been the best choice. He couldn't have been too far away. And wooo-boy would that not have been an interesting encounter with the Others.

I was curious about Locke's reaction to "Zeek" telling him to build a fire. He seemed insulted, but almost as though he was expecting it. There seems to be more of a connection between Locke and the Others. He was called by his first AND last name.

I was also expecting a better confrontation between Kate and Jack over wanting to help. what happened to the Kate of the first season? She started off strong, went a little nutty and now she just seems like a Sawyer puppy dog with not much bite.

I'm not so sure the Others have Walt. When "Zeek" quoted the Hanso Foundation film, at first I thought, they were part of the original project. But now that I've pondered it, maybe they stumbled over the door, like the survivors, and were not part of the Dharma Initiative.

Where is in the World is Desmond? I thought Danielle was going to come back! Were they both plants?

I didn't like the ending, though. Jack asking Ana-Lucia about training an army. WTF?? She was a cop. Syeed was a soldier.

All good points!!! I personally think that there are three sets of people on that island. The plane people (both fronties and tailies), the people to took Walt, and the "no shoe wearing creaping in the woods" people. Whats up with Locke asking all of those questions to Sawyer and Jack. Maybe he is the mole...hmmm Zeek seemed to know him pretty well ..ya think.

Your right about Sayid and Ana...why ask Ana when you can get Sawyer and Ecko for that matter...they both seem more of an obvious choice to start an army. I dont think they want to have the "shoot now ask questions later" Ana to train people.

Great comments everyone! This was one interesting show (as if they all aren't!)

Additional observations:

"Zeke" saying, "bring her out ALEX"....this has got to be Danielle's daughter. I mean, they made a point of him addressing one of the others by name, and they also made a point of not showing what "alex" looked like at all. It just seems too much of a coincidence, and on this show EVERYTHING matters. So I'm going with the assumption that Danielle's daughter is with them and Zeke was referring to her...until proven otherwise! ;)

Yes, I also wondered about the Locke connection. Zeke seemed awfully familar with him, but he did pointedly make a comment to Locke about going inside places they shouldn't...

It was also some sort of clue with Zeke using the words from the video. I'm wondering if the original "others" are workers/researchers from the different bunkers and were all affected/changed by "the incident". We know he has seen the video and has inside information.

Michael reminded me of Danielle in tonight's episode- kind of the wild-eyed, crazed loner. I wonder if he will take the same route as her and we won't see him for awhile, but when he returns he will be very different (thanks to the pc?).

Jack, Jack, Jack.....you just can't escape the wonderful, wacky, world of women can you? And now you seek refuge with Ana Lucia???? I wish I could jump into the t.v. set and give you a good talking to...

Mr. Clean- all you need is an earring and a mop :lol::lol: best name yet!

If I were Eko or Charlie, I would have instantly told Jack or Locke or SOMEBODY about their meeting with the monster...I mean that was kind of important , dontcha think? Yet, it seems like none of them know about it yet. Seems odd to me, but I guess it's for another show.

I wonder if the machine monster is working separately from the Zeke-ites and they need to avoid it. Maybe the machine seeks out the others and that is why it didn't attempt to take Eko. Maybe Locke is now in cahoots with the others and that is why the monster tried to take him. I'm hoping not, because I like Mr. Clean....just looking for possibilities.

Has anyone tried to google Geronimo Jackson yet? :D

One more thing...

Sarah said "I'm seeing someone"....who do you think it could be? Everything in this show seems to have a connection and I think we'll find out at a later date who it is. Desmond perhaps? Sawyer (nah, couldn't be)?

It was referenced in the episode. When Hurley and Charlie were looking at albums in the hatch, one of the names of one of the groups Geronimo Jackson. Jack worked at Sacred Heart.

Is thatr the hospital he worked at? I thought that webpage, and the kid were real

Well then that is just one big huge coincidence. And the baby was born right after Lost Premired. But that Sacred Heart is in Oregon, and the web page is real

And The X-Ray from last night said St. Francis Hospital

:lol::lol: too funny!! Great job!

If Zeke and the Others had been part of the Hanso Projectfrom the beginning or had watched the film enough to be able to quote it, why was Desmond in the Hatch? Was he really in there by himself or was he part of the Others?

It doesn't make sense that Desmond's group abd Zeke's group are one in the same. Ha ha...can you belive I used the phrase "doesn't make sense" when talking about LOST. Ha ha ha...thanks NyQuil