Ring of Replacement (DoT)

So I saw somewhere that in the source code on the vote page there was info on future Den of Temptation.. temptations! Well, it's true! One possible future temptation will be: Ring of Replacement.

The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Ring of Replacement, which will give them the power to play in any Veto Competition they want this summer! If they’re not one of the six houseguests playing, they can swap places with one of the three players chosen by random draw. The Ring of Replacement can only be used once, but remember, every temptation comes with a consequence.

I am not posting the code or the screen grab, but this is what it said. I will be posting a thread for the other as well.

Thoughts on the RoR?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe its just me but I was really bothered not by the temptation but by the fact that Christmas got to choose who the consequences would be given too. The idea of the temptation for me was that you had to risk if you chose it that something bad could happen to someone you care about. Christmas not only got the reward but she got another reward by getting to choose who to make miserable for a week. If there's no risk of a real consequence then where's the temptation?

I wanted it to be like Paul's week where he randomly chose a number and people got in line not knowing which number would be the 'curse'. 

2 hours ago, music19773 said:

Maybe its just me but I was really bothered not by the temptation but by the fact that Christmas got to choose who the consequences would be given too. The idea of the temptation for me was that you had to risk if you chose it that something bad could happen to someone you care about. Christmas not only got the reward but she got another reward by getting to choose who to make miserable for a week. If there's no risk of a real consequence then where's the temptation?

I wanted it to be like Paul's week where he randomly chose a number and people got in line not knowing which number would be the 'curse'. 

agree agree

2 hours ago, music19773 said:

Isn't there suppose to be a benefit for the person that takes the temptation? How did it benefit  Xmas for three people to live in frog costumes?  Also I thought it included the people she picked could not play in veto comp? Did I hear that or imagine that?

51 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Isn't there suppose to be a benefit for the person that takes the temptation? How did it benefit  Xmas for three people to live in frog costumes?  Also I thought it included the people she picked could not play in veto comp? Did I hear that or imagine that?

The benefit is she can replace someone picked to play for veto one time this summer. The frog costume was the "curse" that goes with the temptation. 

49 minutes ago, Ziggy49 said:

The benefit is she can replace someone picked to play for veto one time this summer. The frog costume was the "curse" that goes with the temptation. 

Thank you. I kept dozing off and misunderstood it all. I thought the vetoad meant they couldn't play if picked for veto (by the way that would make a good curse). That was a good reward for her if she last long enough.

On 7/13/2017 at 0:54 PM, music19773 said:

Yes, when there is no jeopardy, the players will always take the reward. I believe the consequence should be something that happens to the person accepting the temptation or something that affects the whole house. Basically, Xmas was given two rewards.