EPISODE 8 - The Hidden Immunity Idol

MomCatHB

1. Survivors learn that there is an Immunity idol hidden in the Guatemalan jungle, and the hunt begins.

2. Given the choice to feast or challenge, several castaways choose to enjoy a large feast in front of the others instead of competing for Immunity. Is this a smart move, or will their hunger be their demise?

Any ideas, guesses, fantasy, spoilers, whatever...?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Survivors learn that there is an Immunity idol hidden in the Guatemalan jungle, and the hunt begins.

2. Given the choice to feast or challenge, several castaways choose to enjoy a large feast in front of the others instead of competing for Immunity. Is this a smart move, or will their hunger be their demise?

Any ideas, guesses, fantasy, spoilers, whatever...?

I am guessing that Gary has it, or soon will have?

What makes you think that? Just curious:)

Whoo woo! I was right! I just thought that the editing when they were talking about it at first, showing Gary say he would GET IT, and despite his dumb act, it actually takes some brains to be a quarterback. I really knew he had it tonight because they interviewed him in front of the tree that they had showed the idol sitting in.

From the CBS web site Episode 8:

"IMMUNITY UP FOR GRABS

The first Tree Mail for the new tribe contained a new flag, paints and a special message telling them of a hidden treasure. The tribe was stunned to learn there was a hidden individual Immunity idol somewhere in the jungle. The rule: In addition to any individual Immunity won at a Challenge, you can use the small stone idol to save yourself at Tribal Council. The idol must be used before the vote, and it expires when the tribe is down to the Final Four. A perplexed Stephenie could only respond with, "What?""

A question about the immunity idol. Gary used it last night. Does it stay with him, can it be re-used, can he loan it, or is it essentially a free pass to the final four?

As for the hidden idol "The rule is: In addition to any individual Immunity won at a Challenge, you can use the small stone idol to save yourself at Tribal Council. The idol must be used before the vote, and it expires when the tribe is down to the Final Four."

So my assumption that I have quoted from the CBS website is that Gary gets to keep the idol until the final four.

:huh: Sud's are you not paying attention?? It was valid until the final four but could only be used once!!

That's the whole thing, King. The rule never states it can only be used once, only that it must be presented before the vote, and that it expires at the final four.

I'm assuming it is only meant to be used once, cause Gary had to give it up. But the rule never really says one way or the other-----

Enough of the Immunity Idol. That was introduced in Episode 8 - Gary used it in Episode 9 - Next show is Episode 10. Don't any of you have ideas on the clues or Fantasy or Rewards or Immunity or who will be Booted???

I TRIED to introduce a New Topic of just "The Immunity Idol" so we could continue discussing - But I think someone thought it was a duplicate topic.

Now, do you think a new Immunity Idol has been hidden or was that the only one?

Well yes I did watch the hockey game King and it is only one game remember the Red Wings still have a better record this season and most other seasons as a matter of fact than the Doilies. lol And winning by one point in OT is exactly frying away a team. Wait till the next game. As for me not having good sportsmanship qualities quite the contrary I know the difference between teasing and making fun of others. By the way there is no such term as being a good sportsmanship person, the proper phrase would be to not be a good sportsperson. But hey no biggy sportsmanship away lmao.

Suds, you are also no class! Just kidding, just like to make fun of Bobby Jon!!!

Actually, I though you had a valid question - until last week, I didn't know the answer to whether they could use the immunity idol more than once, either. They never explained it. I'm just glad that thing can't be used again. I want everybody to be available for eviction unless they "win" immunity!