CBS on reality lame streak

Canopus

This past summer, it was the most boring and predictable "Big Brother" season of all-time (despite being billed as the "summer of surprises"). Big yawn! I had to stop watching that one half way through.

Now, the "amazing race" is turning out to be the "drive around the U.S. as a tourist" show. Come on! There's very little "race" in the amazing race, since it's produced to catch everyone up to the same point at least once an episode. The thing that made it interesting is the international travel and the challenges. Both are competely gone this season!

CBS, what are you up to? How about a little more drama and interest in your reality shows, and a whole lot less "reality".

I'm about to give up on CBS reality shows completely. I'm still holding out hope for Survivor.

This past summer, it was the most boring and predictable "Big Brother" season of all-time (despite being billed as the "summer of surprises"). Big yawn! I had to stop watching that one half way through.

Now, the "amazing race" is turning out to be the "drive around the U.S. as a tourist" show. Come on! There's very little "race" in the amazing race, since it's produced to catch everyone up to the same point at least once an episode. The thing that made it interesting is the international travel and the challenges. Both are competely gone this season!

CBS, what are you up to? How about a little more drama and interest in your reality shows, and a whole lot less "reality".

I'm about to give up on CBS reality shows completely. I'm still holding out hope for Survivor.

Awesome icon!!! Oh, and I agree with you on the Amazing Race. The exotic locales are definitely missing this year. Come on CBS! B)

I have to agree with most of what was said in the original post to this thread, both BB and TAR have been major letdowns. The downhill slide for BB started last season with the DNA tiwst that was a bust, then this summer of secrets held no real secrets at all. TAR.......just a real let down for the fall season> I still think this would have been a great summer show though.

Mike's point is well taken and one with which I also agree. When it became obvious that BB was a bust, I just gave up watching. TAR, I haven't watched one show, not because of the families, and not because I don't care about the wonderful sights and locales we have here in the US but because it isn't the race I love watching, where is the challenge??

Survivor remains high on my list of fun shows to watch. This season so far has been really exciting not just because I am partial to the setting; but because I think the challenges have been fun to watch. They've done a great job at incorporating Mayan history and games into the show, adding a little variety to the challenges from past shows which were becoming repeat after repeat of the same old thing.

I like it. I've never been to the States, so I really don't care if the whole show ends up JUST being in the states as I am learning alot just like I learn alot when the visit other countries too

Yeah the secrets and twists on BB were a dud, but the people were fascinating, kept me glued to and yelling at my tv all summer long.

I've liked the challenges on TAR and don't find them much different then any other season that I've seen the only difference is families of four instead of two.

I have to agree with most of what was said in the original post to this thread, both BB and TAR have been major letdowns.

TAR, I haven't watched one show, not because of the families, and not because I don't care about the wonderful sights and locales we have here in the US but because it isn't the race I love watching, where is the challenge??

How do you know TAR is a major letdown, you said you haven't watched ONE show???

I have watched TAR since season one and this is by far the lamest. Drive around the US in luxury SUV's eating Mcdonalds and arguing about directions is not my idea of a great challenge. many of us do this every weekend.

No foreign money, languages, culture, history etc. boring...also the editing showing packing and unpacking the cars takes up most of the show. boring...

How do you know TAR is a major letdown, you said you haven't watched ONE show???

Not that I have to explain this to you, but here goes. I saw the previews, I read the pre-show hype, I turst the opinion of friends who did try to watch. I didn't have to watch five minutes to know that for me (not you who has never been to the states) staying in the states where there was no challenge in language, transportation or any of the other issues that arise in being in a foreign land would be and is a let down from what TAR has always been. I believe I also said that it would have been great as a summer replacement show.

Have the ratings for TAR been slipping? I was skeptical when I found out it was going to be a family version. I'm not hating it by any means, but you all are right -- it's not nearly as good as the original. It seems like that survivor-type show they have for kids on Saturday mornings. I'm betting that the next TAR will be one of the best yet!

As for BB, I am one of those who is guilty of watching, and complaining. And I am so ashamed of myself! Next year, I'm going to vow to turn it off, if it's just trash again. I have said before, 'It couldn't get any worse.' And they have always proven me wrong -- so next summer scares me a little bit!

Loving Survivor! So far, the castaways don't appear to be completely vile human beings ( sorry -- not that they ever were that bad, but I still have a bit of a hangover from BB) and the challenges have been really great. Really exciting too, except for the last reward! ( Use it like an ax, Jamie!)

What about the Bachelor? Is that done? Wait -- was that even on CBS? Anyway -- that's another they don't need to bring back, as far as I'm concerned.