Maggie Grace as Shannon

Jem

Maggie Grace as Shannon

lost_streiber2.jpg

Having only started acting professionally five years ago, Maggie Grace already has an enviable list of credits.

A native of Columbus, Ohio, Grace made her television debut two years ago as Martha Moxley in the telefilm Murder in Greenwich. She also starred in the telefilm 12 Mile Road. In addition to a recurring role on Oliver Beene, she guest-starred on Law & Order: SVU, Cold Case, Lyon's Den and CSI: Miami.

This fall Grace will be seen in a starring role in the film The Fog.

She currently resides in Los Angeles.

Source - ABC

Maggie Grace on Lost: The Complete First Season & Season 2

Maggie Grace on Lost: The Complete First Season DVD :

• 2 weeks later...

Island life suits 'Lost's' Grace just fine

Susan King

Los Angeles Times

HOLLYWOOD - Maggie Grace sees a pattern emerging in her young career.

For most of the year, her home base is Honolulu, the location for ABC's popular series Lost, in which she plays the rich, snobby plane-crash survivor Shannon.

But even before Grace completed the series' first season, she was commuting to yet another island - this one off the coast of Vancouver, British Columbia, - for her role in the remake of the 1980 John Carpenter horror classic The Fog. "Originally, when I signed on to the movie, Lost was supposed to wrap way before it ever started," says Grace, 21, on a rare morning off from the series. "Then ABC decided on the big, huge finale, so we went over (schedule) and I ended up doing both at the same time. I was flying from one island to the other."

Grace says the remake, the nation's No. 1 film after opening last Friday, shares the same premise as the original: A small island community is engulfed in fog 100 years after a boat sank under mysterious circumstances. "We don't fix what isn't broke," Grace says, "but I think the original leaves a lot of questions, which I think they do try to address in the new script."

Grace plays Elizabeth, the role Jamie Lee Curtis had in the 1980 version. But instead of being a hitchhiker who arrives in town on that fateful night, Grace's Elizabeth is an island native who has had a long relationship with the hero (Tom Welling of Smallville). "There's a very nice strength with her," Grace says. "I haven't done a lot of work in this particular genre, and hadn't seen many horror films. So the first thing I set about doing was watching as many as I could."

Grace has come a long way since leaving her home in Columbus, Ohio, five years ago. "I kind of had an idyllic Ohio childhood, and I was ready to move here," says Grace, who began acting in school plays and community theater as a child. "I started studying acting and was lucky enough to support myself," she says.

She's not lost in a fog

By William Keck, USA TODAY

OAHU, Hawaii

• 2 weeks later...

'Lost' star Maggie Grace has found herself

By WILLIAM KECK

USA Today

grace5km.jpg

Maggie Grace, who plays Shannon Rutherford,

says, "I've grown up quite a bit on this show."

OAHU, Hawaii -- There are few things Maggie Grace likes less than talking about herself for an hour. The soft-spoken 22-year-old, who plays spoiled brat Shannon Rutherford on ABC's "Lost," only begins to relax her body, unfold her arms off her chest and come out of her protective shell as she strolls through the tropical grounds of the oceanfront Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel, petting a dolphin along the way.

With her grown-up looks, it's easy to forget just how young she is. She is oblivious to a 75-year-old TV legend lunching nearby -- longtime Oahu resident Jim Nabors, aka Gomer Pyle. "I think I've heard of him," she shrugs.

"When we first met, I thought of her in an Amish costume," says her "Lost" love interest, Naveen Andrews (Sayid). "She has a special kind of grace -- no pun intended."

Grace was raised in Worthington, Ohio, with sister Marisa, 13, and brother Ian, 18. Before her parents, Rick and Valinn, divorced, they ran a family jewelry business. Her mom supported her decision to test out of high school and relocate to Los Angeles at 16. Roles in independent films, TV movies and two forgettable Fox series -- 2002's never-aired "Septuplets" and 2004's shortlived "Oliver Beene" -- led to her life-changing audition for "Lost."

She had much to celebrate in September 2004 at a rowdy party on Oahu to celebrate her 21st birthday and the premi

• 2 weeks later...

"Lost" Loses Another Star

By Gina Serpe

maggieg7eh.jpg

Maggie Grace as Shannon Rutherford

Another one bites the dust. Just in time for November sweeps, Lost made good on its promise to off a main character Wednesday night, with spoiled daddy's girl Shannon Rutherford ( Maggie Grace) biting the bullet.

In the episode, Shannon meets her untimely death while chasing (a vision of?) young Walt through the jungle. She is mistaken for one of the resident Mystery Island baddies, aka the Others, by trigger-happy Ana-Lucia ( Michelle Rodriguez), who shoots Shannon in the stomach. She winds up dying in the arms of Sayid ( Naveen Andrews), who, just moments earlier, proclaimed his love for her.

But while ABC had hyped the show as one "people will be talking about all year long," the chatter about which cast member was doomed began last spring, when E! Online TV columnist Kristin Veitch broke the news of a key season-two death on Apr. 18.

Despite producers' best efforts, the identity of the ill-fated character was no secret to fans of Lost message boards and spoiler sites.

While Veitch chose to hint at the identity of the victim to keep from ruining the surprise for non-spoiler-seeking fans, Ain't It Cool News was the first site to actually print the name--albeit in invisible type and with plenty of spoiler warnings.

Grace is the second major player to be killed off the ABC hit. Last spring, Lost producers broke hearts nationwide when they killed off Shannon's stepbrother, Boone ( Ian Somerhalder), in a freak plane accident.

Still, there are still plenty of avid Lost watchers for whom Shannon's death came as a shock, and a development they're wary of believing. "I'm not putting it in ink that anyone's dead or 'lost forever' until they're in the ground or the show's off the air," Thedeadpolarbear posted on the popular fansite lost-tv.com.

Fellow poster Jaffa420 agreed: "Yep, I take it at face value that Cindy was the only one that was 'lost forever.' Shannon's still alive and kicking...come on, people, Shannon's not dead."

While the episode did leave the possibility open that the death could be either Cindy, the "tailie" who disappeared on a climb up a hill, or even bad boy Sawyer, whose gunshot wound rendered him unconscious, show insiders are setting the record straight. "It's always hard to see one of us go, because you know, we have such a strong bond with one another, and we were the original group," Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) tells E! Online. "We missed Ian when he left. We still miss Ian, and we're going to miss [Maggie] too. But at the same time, we know that that's the kind of storytelling they're doing."

Producer Carlton Cuse tells USA Today that Grace was "really awesome" about being written out of the show when her fate was decided last spring. "We had to negotiate her contract for this season, so she's known for a long time this was coming. "But she was nothing but absolutely professional and completely tight-lipped and completely a team player in terms of going to events, doing interviews and participating as a full member of the cast without giving any indication that she was dying."

The demise of Shannon proved to be a blessing for ABC. Wednesday's episode was seen by 20 million viewers, according to ABC, making it the most watched show of the night. And even though Shannon's dead, on a show like Lost, it doesn't mean she's gone forever. Indeed, Somerhalder made a return visit to Wednesday's Lost, appearing in Shannon's flashback.

Since being written off, Somerhalder has signed a personal TV deal with ABC and has taken to the big screen with three upcoming projects, including the thriller Pulse, alongside Veronica Mars' Kristen Bell and pop star Christina Milian.

Now that her gig on Lost is up, Grace may also make the full-time jump to the big screen. She recently starred in the thriller The Fog with Smallville's Tom Welling and Selma Blair, which opened last month at number one.

Meanwhile, ABC is throwing more bones to the seemingly insatiable Lost fans.

In addition to the forthcoming book Bad Twin, based on a manuscript "written by" one of Flight 815's doomed passenger and featured in an upcoming story line, the network on Thursday announced the creation of the Official Lost Fan Club. For $28, fans can sign up at lostfanclub.com for exclusive online content about the show and a special "Survivors" package that contains Oceanic Airlines paraphernalia, trading cards and a special DVD.

As for the show's ever-evolving cast, four new actors have been added to the ensemble this season--Rodriguez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cynthia Watros and Sam Anderson--all of whom play tailies, whose backstory will play out next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Has Lost Seen the Last of Shannon?

by Shawna Malcom

051129insider1.jpg

Maggie Grace on Lost

Nearly three weeks after her tragic death, many fans of ABC's Lost (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET) still mourn Shannon Rutherford. Sure, Shannon (played by Maggie Grace) was spoiled, emotionally stunted and preoccupied with parading around in bikinis and giving herself pedicures. And yes, she showed questionable judgment when she indulged in an icky precrash hookup with ill-fated stepbrother Boone (Ian Somerhalder). But boy, the girl sure knew how to make an exit.

In Lost's Nov. 9 episode, just as viewers started to get a little insight into what made the rich bitch tick

• 4 months later...

Lost siblings start dating

By WENN

maggie_grace42.jpg

Maggie Grace and Ian Somerhalder at the 2005 Golden Globes.

Actors Maggie Grace and Ian Somerhalder, who played spoiled step-siblings Boone and Shannon on hit TV series Lost, are dating offscreen.

The celebrity couple are regularly spotted out together in Los Angeles, but have tried to keep their budding relationship under wraps.

A source confirmed the romance to American publication US Weekly adding, "They stay out of the limelight, but they spend a lot of time hanging out and working out together at Gold's Gym (in Venice Beach, California). "They kiss and hold hands when they come and go from the gym. You can tell they're a couple."

The pair were romantically involved in a flashback sequence on Lost before they were both killed off.

Hmmm...I just posted that article yesterday I believe, but I must have posted it in the wrong thread. Sorry about that, Jem!

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name