Move of the Week - Episode 4

chitownBB

Move of the Week V.3  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote.

• Nakum pushes Yaxha off course in the boat race. "Ramming Speed"
    • Survivor Producers: The Mix-n-Match
    • Gary sticks with denial AND hangs back in a challenge that he would most likely do very well with. A club is not a football, but I'll bet his range and accuracy are still there.
    • Blake and BoJo make a plan to send the old Yaxha's packing. In order its Amy, Brian then Gary.
    • Judd's Betrayal of Brooke and his former tribe mates. "Get Outa My Jungle!"
    • Other (please explain the move and why you chose it)

I chose other and looks like i'm the only one. The move of the week was the new Yaxha winning immunity despite being pushed off course by the new Nakum (tried to knock the better team out and still lost lol)

Good call DAP. I don't know if it was the "I'll do it myself" play of Steph and Judd, or marksmanship on the side of Yaxha, but you are correct. They did pull it off in the end.

My hat's off to the Survivor producers. They had to come up with a good way to really shake up the way the game is played and this early mix match was the greatest move this week. Some might underestimate this move because we have seen it done before with little stategic impact on the game. Sure it might've helped Chris out in Vanuatu, but did it change anyone one else in the game? No, not really. Now we've seen Brian step up to be the leader of his small group of underdogs. We've seen Bobby Jon, Brandon, and Blake go the traditional Survivor route of allying with players of equal strength and threat. Probably most interesting of all, we have the dark alliance of Stephanie, Jamie, and Judd, they remind of the Axis alliance of Germany, Italy, and Japan during WW II. These are the players who really have the power to shape the game, if they don't get all power crazy and align the other players against them. Jamie has strength and an obvious desire to do anything to get ahead in the game. Stephanie is just as cut-throat as Jamie but has her celebrity as poor sweet Stephanie which will help her keep players like Rafe and Lydia in the dark about her true intentions. Judd has strength and cunning, desire to do anything to win, and his betrayl of his former tribemates could keep him around as a pawn to go up against for the million dollar prize. The moment the producers switched the teams allowing these three to join forces, that was when the game really started for me.

My prediction? Judd will make it to the top four. If he's there with the right people he could go as far as the top two.

i agree with you, but the alliance is not dark. people are really getting on steph for playing a harder and maybe even a little dirtier game. But come on, so would you, so would i if we were given the second chance to do something like this again, ya know. Also, She has had a chance to already watch herself from last season, and you know its gone through her head a billion and ten times all the things she could have done diferently. The difference with this game and the last game is that she walked in the door with her game face on this time, knowing what to expect and what she had to do. This season is definatly interesting

i agree with you, but the alliance is not dark. people are really getting on steph for playing a harder and maybe even a little dirtier game. But come on, so would you, so would i if we were given the second chance to do something like this again, ya know. Also, She has had a chance to already watch herself from last season, and you know its gone through her head a billion and ten times all the things she could have done diferently. The difference with this game and the last game is that she walked in the door with her game face on this time, knowing what to expect and what she had to do. This season is definatly interesting

I love Steph and I agree with you entirely. People are down on Steph, but those people are hypocrites. She is playing the game with a renewed focus and she's doing very well. The reason I call this a dark alliance is because it began with a betrayl, and for this alliance to continue there will have to be alot more betrayls.

I don't think Judd's move was all that bright. he gives power over to the other tribe members, and if he makes the merge. his old team mates could very well be pissed off at him

I voted for that one as Move of the Week, it's not a good move for Judd, but it's a good move game wise. About time we have some strategy and lying going on. :P

i voted for what judd did. judd either did something really smart, or really stupid. he either got himself a better alliance, which could take him to the end, or he made himself a really big target that goes soon.

bobby john, and blake made an alliance with each other, to vote off amy, gary, and brian off. i am assuming brandon will go along with them, because of the strength, but it just seems they are automatically assuming that dani will go along with them. in order to do that, they needed danni's vote to have the majority. we haven't seen a whole bunch of danni, so how loyal is she. could we have another judd situation on our hands. if danni is worried about being voted off, as soon as the amy, gary, and brian are gone then i could see her switching sides, since it hasn't been shown how loyal danni is.

I don't think Judd's move was all that bright. he gives power over to the other tribe members, and if he makes the merge. his old team mates could very well be pissed off at him

Yes - great analysis. If this works out for Judd it may just be dumb luck. He didn't really comment on any of this, and (now that Neb points this out! ;) ) it seems so obvious that the other tribe is outnumbered on the new tribe.

I don't know what to make of his choice :huh:

If I were her, I wouldn't either. Some inner voice in her must be telling her that she's right about him being a former quarterback.

Well going on her confessional after theymerged she didn't believe him. She said something like "I am not sure why Gary is trying to keep it a secret"

She knows he is lieing to her face...and he does it so easily.

I voted for that one as Move of the Week, it's not a good move for Judd, but it's a good move game wise. About time we have some strategy and lying going on. :P

I voted for Judd's move, also. Not because it was a smart move, necessarily, just a good one for me, lol! It helps Steph and gives her a chance to break that darn losing streak of hers!

As far as Judd goes, it was dumb for him. Now he has made enemies of his tribemates and aligned himself with the wrong side, IMO. Yep, I like Steph, but I think when it goes to the merge,Bobby Jon's original team will realign - and Judd will be seen as a traitor.

It did make for good tv, though! :)

I voted for Judd's move, also. Not because it was a smart move, necessarily, just a good one for me, lol! It helps Steph and gives her a chance to break that darn losing streak of hers!

As far as Judd goes, it was dumb for him. Now he has made enemies of his tribemates and aligned himself with the wrong side, IMO. Yep, I like Steph, but I think when it goes to the merge,Bobby Jon's original team will realign - and Judd will be seen as a traitor.

It did make for good tv, though! :)

It might not help her though. They need to get rid of people that are weak in the challenges NOT around the camp but I personally don't remember if Brooke was good in the comp or not, but if she was better then Lydia (actually Lydia didn't even perform and I don't remember if Brooke got a chance to throw or not due to the two that insisted on throwing more times then needed due to egos) so I guess we have to look at past Old Nakum challenges to see how Brooke did.

I think in this instance Steph and company were being smart -- they were pushing to get rid of Brooke so that they could maintain a little security in the tribe. IF they had voted out Lydia, who is to say that Judd wouldn't have remained with his old team and they could have picked off old Yaxha members one by one. I was actually surprised that Judd didn't bring this up with them (voting off Lydia first) because technically the old yaxha could pick off the original Nakum. Just food for thought.

I agree on THAT sense, BUT if they keep keeping the weak then they will just keep losing.

I agree on THAT sense, BUT if they keep keeping the weak then they will just keep losing.

well, i think up to this point its what they have been doingm getting rid of the weaker, keeping stronger, they kept Lydia cause they needed the leverage in their tribe