Questions for other fans...

CheshireJessica

I put this in a new thread as well, because it doesn't really correlate with my other thread.

I have some questions. They are serious, can someone please help me answer them because these are questions I really can't fathom an answer for,

1. Ethan? What/Where is this guy from. Only thing I notices was he has uber-strength, wanted Claire, sacrificed Charlie, most likely killed a survivor to get the group to stay away from him and had at least one change of clothes.

2. Polar Bear? What/where is this from? Did someone put them on the island as security? They did make Dharma Sharks after all. could they have taken a Polar Bears when it was young, or a group of them (there were two, 1 they shot and 1 that tried to get to Walt) I don't know anything about Polar Bears, so fill me in if you know.

3. They made a point of showing us "grieving husband" of the woman jack's dad "killed". The husband of the pregnant woman who died cause Jack's dad was drunk. Don't know. At first I thought it was Ethan, but after slo-mo on Tivo, realized it wasn't.

4. Who exactly did Sawyer kill, besides a guy who lived in Australia who had some bad debts. Before dieing he said everything comes full circle. A clue? Does it matter who killed sawyers parents?

5. Kate, will they ever tell us what she did Why was she crazy enough to shoot a guy who thought he was her boyfriend to knock over a bank for a toy plane. Yes, some things have great sentimental value, but come-on. Your a fugitive and decide to knock over a bank for the plane. I got the sense that the marshall knew her more than just as a fugitive. Could be wrong. Also, why did her Mom hate her, and what did her dad do to her, since on the tape she made as a kid that she didn't want to talk about it. If it was insignificant, they wouldn't have put that tidbit in there.

6. If this show has a basis in science... where did the freaky lights come from on the pilot episode. I have a theory but it is not set in stone obviously.

7. Is anyone else feeling like all we get are questions and no answers. Sometimes I feel like what is the point of all these questions that may never be answered. I am REALLY hoping it is not going to be like Alias where it went seasons and seasons with no real answer, and when there was it was like wtf? We know there is supposed to be a grand picture, and it is all can be explained by science. But they never actually give any indication of a science base.

8. What is the monster with a face that tried to pull in Locke. How could this be based with Scientific evidence.

9. Why is everything written in American English. i.e. Black Rock, dynamite, Dangerous, etc. Everything in the hatch is written in english, the Rx Label, Candy Bars, Quarentine, etc. Who pays the Electric bill, because that hatch is using some major wattage. Also, regulated water with pressure? The candy bar has an expiration date, which was 2004??

10, Why are the "bad" people from Canada. (Seriously, is this intentional or do the writers hate Canadians?) i.e. Ethan, Locke, Kate

11. Why do the "Others" speak American English, and the Captain spoke with a southern accent. Why did Nadia talk to Sayid in English when they both spoke the same language. Even Desmond speaks English and has been in the US. Danielle speaks wonderful English, other than speaking french in the distress call.The Nigerian guy speaks English. Yet they have Sun and Jin who speak Korean???? So this means that the other's, or at least the captain is American? If not, he was able to talk

12. Why does Dharma put there Logo on EVERYTHING.

13. Dharma must be based in a country with FDA rules like the US, because the candy bar was written in English and had all of the FDA required info, like calories, fat grams, etc.

14. Are these all oversights?

I also have many questions but I think we are not meant to understand it all yet. Otherwise if they give too much away too soon it may affect the rest of the shows. Did you ever watch X Files? They were very slow at explaining things too and the writers knew that but that was what attracted so may viewers every week. So like the rest of us we can only watch and wait.

1. Ethan? What/Where is this guy from. Only thing I notices was he has uber-strength, wanted Claire, sacrificed Charlie, most likely killed a survivor to get the group to stay away from him and had at least one change of clothes.

Nobody knows for sure, but the one thing we DO know for sure is that he was NOT on the plane.

2. Polar Bear? What/where is this from? Did someone put them on the island as security? They did make Dharma Sharks after all. could they have taken a Polar Bears when it was young, or a group of them (there were two, 1 they shot and 1 that tried to get to Walt) I don't know anything about Polar Bears, so fill me in if you know.

What is a Dharma Shark? Again, the polar bears are another mystery, but I think they hold a big clue... the polar bears also showed up on the back of Walt's/Hurley's comic book and in the last episode Michael gave Walt's mom a stuffed polar bear to give to Walt.

3. They made a point of showing us "grieving husband" of the woman jack's dad "killed". The husband of the pregnant woman who died cause Jack's dad was drunk. Don't know. At first I thought it was Ethan, but after slo-mo on Tivo, realized it wasn't.

When did they show him? Brain lock...

4. Who exactly did Sawyer kill, besides a guy who lived in Australia who had some bad debts. Before dieing he said everything comes full circle. A clue? Does it matter who killed sawyers parents?

Sawyer THOUGHT he was killing the man that his mother had an affair with. But the guy who "gave" him the man that his mother had the affair tricked him into thinking that but in reality the guy was just someone who owed money... Sawyer's father killed his mother and then killed himself.

5. Kate, will they ever tell us what she did Why was she crazy enough to shoot a guy who thought he was her boyfriend to knock over a bank for a toy plane. Yes, some things have great sentimental value, but come-on. Your a fugitive and decide to knock over a bank for the plane. I got the sense that the marshall knew her more than just as a fugitive. Could be wrong. Also, why did her Mom hate her, and what did her dad do to her, since on the tape she made as a kid that she didn't want to talk about it. If it was insignificant, they wouldn't have put that tidbit in there.

Another mystery for another episode

6. If this show has a basis in science... where did the freaky lights come from on the pilot episode. I have a theory but it is not set in stone obviously.

I dont know if this show has a basis in science, as in everything has a reason for happening/being, but from what I gathered the light came from the huge light that Jack saw when he got to the bottom of the hatch.

7. Is anyone else feeling like all we get are questions and no answers. Sometimes I feel like what is the point of all these questions that may never be answered. I am REALLY hoping it is not going to be like Alias where it went seasons and seasons with no real answer, and when there was it was like wtf? We know there is supposed to be a grand picture, and it is all can be explained by science. But they never actually give any indication of a science base.

Again you say "explained by science" - where did you hear this? Is this for sure, like from the writers' mouths? Only asking becuase I never heard this before. As far as all the questions, I like having some mystery. Shows nowadays are way too predictable and made for people who can't think long term - people who like to have all the questions and mysteries answered and solved in 38 minutes. :blink:

8. What is the monster with a face that tried to pull in Locke. How could this be based with Scientific evidence.

Again, we don't know... I think it's some sort of security system (certainly not scientific).

9. Why is everything written in American English. i.e. Black Rock, dynamite, Dangerous, etc. Everything in the hatch is written in english, the Rx Label, Candy Bars, Quarentine, etc. Who pays the Electric bill, because that hatch is using some major wattage. Also, regulated water with pressure? The candy bar has an expiration date, which was 2004??

Mysteries, gotta love 'em!

10, Why are the "bad" people from Canada. (Seriously, is this intentional or do the writers hate Canadians?) i.e. Ethan, Locke, Kate

Again, Ethan was not on the plane. Kate is from Canada in real life. I don't think the writers hate Canadians... look at Sawyer - clearly not a Canadian, but a 'bad' person... Jack's dad too, Jin also - if you think about what he did for a living for Sun's father...

11. Why do the "Others" speak American English, and the Captain spoke with a southern accent. Why did Nadia talk to Sayid in English when they both spoke the same language. Even Desmond speaks English and has been in the US. Danielle speaks wonderful English, other than speaking french in the distress call.The Nigerian guy speaks English. Yet they have Sun and Jin who speak Korean???? So this means that the other's, or at least the captain is American? If not, he was able to talk

It's tv, you have to suspend some sense of reality. Would you still watch the show if you had to read subtitles all the time? We saw Desmond earlier in the pilot episode, with Jack running in the stadium they were in the US then too.

The US Military puts their logo on everything, most companies do too...

13. Dharma must be based in a country with FDA rules like the US, because the candy bar was written in English and had all of the FDA required info, like calories, fat grams, etc.

True, or Dharma is just based anywhere, bought the food from a country with FDA rules like the US and then smacked their logo on it.

Oversights on the writers' parts? No, I doubt it. A few of the things you mentioned are inconsequential (I think so anyways, I could be wrong) - like Nadia talking to Sayid in English rather than Iraqui - this is done on tv all the time - the writers expect you to suspend SOME reality... they are intentionally not answering all of the questions though. Think about it. Supposedly they have this series mapped out for, what, the next 2-3 seasons? If they give away all the mysteries now, what's going to keep us hanging around? And they'd have to think of more mysteries...

I put this in a new thread as well, because it doesn't really correlate with my other thread.

I have some questions. They are serious, can someone please help me answer them because these are questions I really can't fathom an answer for,

Ethan Rom is an anagram for "Other Man". If you recall the psychic that told Claire that her baby couldn't be raised by another man. He was sorta correct, he meant "Other Man". Most speculate that he was all ready on the island when the plane crashed.

As far as the Polar Bear goes, if you noticed every time that Vincent disappeared the polar bear showed up. I think, and this is just a hypothesis, that the polar bear was a result of Walt. Maybe he was frustrated or angry at Michael and conjured up the Polar bear. Some link the things that happen with Walt as a result of Vincent.

No, not Ethan. Not sure about what that was all about, could be nothing, could be something. Usually the writers don't put anything in the show without a reason, who knows could be something later on down the line.

I believe Sawyer killed a man that owed some money for gambling? Could be wrong on that, anyways he was sent to kill that man so the one who sent him couldn't be linked to it I believe. It was just a means to an end.

Don't know what to tell you about this. Maybe we'll find out later.

Never saw the lights, no clue here.

Get an answer to a question in the show, get 15 more questions to replace it LOL.

Some people believe it has to do with Nanotechnology. Dunno, maybe.

I'm guessing because this is an American show and they just didn't think to include other languages. Electricity may be coming from generators that are powered by the ocean currents?

LOL, coincidence maybe? I don't think they hate Canadians. I don't see Locke as "bad", nor do I think Kate is either. I think she may have just had the unfortunate circumstance of being in the wrong place at the right time.

Lots of people speak two languages. American seems to be kind of the "Universal Language" so to say. Also people tend to get turned off of shows and movies if they have to read too much. It distracts people from watching what's going on by trying to read what is being said.

It's a corporation, company, or agency? They put their labels on everything they can get their hands on.

LOL, well after watching tonights episode. Yeah Dharma was based in America. This will also answer some of your questions about the Candy Bars, RX, etc.

Possibly.

Hope this helps you out in any way.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name