What I am finding annoying about Survivor

wilvin

This season is okay but what gets me is how many times does the Show have to be in a jungle or island setting.

We are up to the 11th show and all but 2 have been in a jungle or island. Africa and australia were different but still they had high tempatures to deal with. When are they going to do one in a cold part of the world. Like Siberia, or one of the scandinavian countries. even northwestern Canada would be good. The british version of survivor called castaway I think did some in cold places if I remember right. Does CBS think that american can not handle the cold? Or that people will not watch because it is not in a warm area? Right now it is a seen this before thing with me and it is same old show just different people. They don't have to do it during the winter when it is below zero, but could have it when it is very chilly in the place. To me when the show first started I thought that if it lasted they would alternate types of places and climates. But this on going lets do survivor in a jungle is getting old.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season is okay but what gets me is how many times does the Show have to be in a jungle or island setting.

We are up to the 11th show and all but 2 have been in a jungle or island. Africa and australia were different but still they had high tempatures to deal with. When are they going to do one in a cold part of the world. Like Siberia, or one of the scandinavian countries. even northwestern Canada would be good. The british version of survivor called castaway I think did some in cold places if I remember right. Does CBS think that american can not handle the cold? Or that people will not watch because it is not in a warm area? Right now it is a seen this before thing with me and it is same old show just different people. They don't have to do it during the winter when it is below zero, but could have it when it is very chilly in the place. To me when the show first started I thought that if it lasted they would alternate types of places and climates. But this on going lets do survivor in a jungle is getting old.

In a cold theater we would not see them scantily clad. Sex sells.

Seriously I wonder about available resources, etc. Worse case scenario, it's easier to pull someone through heat exhaustion and dehydration than it would be Hypothermia.

They would really need to be equipt to handle the elements.

In a tropical setting, less is required for surviving the elements, so more focus can be put on competition over survival.

I'm typing out of my a@#.

I would really like to see an alternate type of location too. I don't think you necessarily have to go somewhere full of snow and ice, to make a big difference in how the game is played.

Why not some mountainous region? Not in winter, when the snow is flying, but when the weather is more stable . Late spring, summer, early fall....It could be warm during the day, and you could still have water in the form of a mountain lake, stream of spring. It could be more like a rugged camping adventure, rather than the jungle adventures they have had so far.

Yeah, it might be a flop. But I think they have to take chances like this. They can always go back to the jungle, next time.

Quite frankly, CBS is just not equipped to deal with a cold weather environment. Can you imagine them trying to deal with their cameras freezing or the wear and tear on the film itself? What are they gonna do yell, "Hey guys our camera froze so will you repeat that really tense scene where you were deciding who to eat first when you run out of food?!" Frostbite, hypothermia, trenchfoot? Not to mention, on the beach and in the jungle you build open air shelters, but in the snow and ice a smart person goes for building an igloo (they're quite warm and comfty, by the way), how are they gonna fit the camera crew in the igloo with all the survivors? How would they fit ten survivors in an igloo? They'd have to build at least three igloos which would disperse the groups even more making it even harder on the audience to follow plotlines. Additionally, there are the general expenses to think about. Survivor takes place in Third World countries where a little money goes a long way, Scandanavian countries have thriving economies right now, and Canada has a better economy than America which means that in addition to general filming expenses CBS would have to pay those countries tons for their filming location. Then we have Siberia, the great untamed beast. Siberia has great natural resources and moderate weather in the summer but come on, the Russians are still quite scary. Anyone caught bringing GPS equipment into the country can be charged with espionage!!! Former/Retired US military are routinely stopped and held on trumped up charges of drug trafficking and espionage. The Russian President has consolidated all media under government controlled companies and replace every Russian reporter who wouldn't go along with government controlled media. They are still at war with Chechnya, a regionally conflict that could at any moment spark a global conflict between Islamic states and a NUCLEAR POWER. Finally, doesn't anyone remember the terrorist incident that happened in Beslan, Russia last year? Chechyan terrorists killed a bunch of Children! Don't you think they'd jump at the chance to get a bunch of Americans filming a high profile reality show and hold them hostage thereby bringing their 'cause to America's doorstep and completely embarrassing the Russian government to boot? Kinda reminds me of the Munich Olympics.

Why is it whenever anyone says to do survivor in a different kind of climate, so many automatically think snow, ice, and igloos. You know, there are some climates in between sweltering heat, and bone chilling cold. A change from the jungle doesn't have to mean Antartica!

I'm sure there are areas where they could safely shoot Survivor, where the elements would provide for different types of survival skills, than the ones they seem to encounter pretty much every time, in a tropical setting.

Yeah, no one wants to see a bunch of people huddled up in parkas, trying to keep from freezing. But I don't think that's what most of us who wish for something a little different envision.

They want people running around in bathing suits it seems. However, I really like the mountain range idea...possibly an area that has bears, mountain lions, snakes, etc. I, too, think they should explore the idea of having an Survivor in the snow. They would of course have to supply them with shelter right away, even a poorly constructed one, to keep the wind off of them. The survivors would be responsible for bringing their own warm clothes. Perhaps they could do a challenge for snow boots. Another challenge could be an ice fishing kit. And of course they'd have to have some challenge for fire. They could have painting challenges where they get a bearskin or something. I think it'd be awesome to see them in something other than heat. Of course water would be readily available (just remind them not to eat yellow snow).

Put them on the streets of New York.....no food, no money, no shelter. Let them survive that.....lol

I don't they would do that, because they wouldn't be able to survive for a day!!! LOL

That would be what I call "Survivor - Real Life" edition.

Oh, and I agree about the bathing suits, that is why I like Survivor... men with their shirts off, sweating pouring down from their toned abs, acting like cavemen... oh I better stop! Started going "Survivor: XXX edition" LOL :P

I think the tropical feel adds allure to the show. When they go to these tropical and exotic places, it makes it feel more unique. I want them to continue with these enviornments for the unique plant and wild life. I really dont care to see squirrels/deer or peguins/polar bears.

I think they have to think about the water situation, in Africa a elephant poop in the water and in Austraila, Jerri's team almost died from thirst and water.

This thursday is the only espisode that kept my attention. Question, what is the guys name who betrayed his team. I am pulling for the exfootball player.

Yeah...Danni wouldnt look near as good in the freezing cold as she does now with very little on...

I don't get it...what's so good looking about a skeleton with hair? She really pretty and all but she looks so unhealthy :blink:

They could easily film in Canada they do it all the time with movies and why do you think that is? Because of the dollar partly and because it's cheaper all around.

Location? Take your pick. Canada has many locations that could suit bathing suits and/or coats depends on the time of year.

There are remote areas of British Columbia that in the spring/summer time (which is when they shoot I think) that would be fine. You could have the best of both worlds too. Daytime bathing suits and nightime coats. The country up there is unbelievable. Water would not be a problem and they could hunt many different animals. Alaska boasts the same kind of terrain so you could even go there.

I wouldn't mind seeing them film in a place like that at all. Stop stereotyping northern locations as being in igloos and ice. That is so not the case. Except in November December January February and March there is no snow and in June July and August it gets quite hot.

I hope they are listening.

For me it's Stephanie!!! :lol:

They could easily film in Canada they do it all the time with movies and why do you think that is? Because of the dollar partly and because it's cheaper all around.

Location? Take your pick. Canada has many locations that could suit bathing suits and/or coats depends on the time of year.

There are remote areas of British Columbia that in the spring/summer time (which is when they shoot I think) that would be fine. You could have the best of both worlds too. Daytime bathing suits and nightime coats. The country up there is unbelievable. Water would not be a problem and they could hunt many different animals. Alaska boasts the same kind of terrain so you could even go there.

I wouldn't mind seeing them film in a place like that at all. Stop stereotyping northern locations as being in igloos and ice. That is so not the case. Except in November December January February and March there is no snow and in June July and August it gets quite hot.

I hope they are listening.

I liked the reality show No Boundaries. The scenery was quite beautiful..and they had some great competitions.

Yeah...Danni wouldnt look near as good in the freezing cold as she does now with very little on...

If you find THAT attractive then I seriously feel for the women you date........hang out at anorexic clinics much? I bet you volunteer there just to get to see some "hot" chicks......

When you take them to dinner do you bring along an IV?

Well, I am certainly glad that some people realize that you could do the show somewhere other than a tropical location. I think a show filmed somewhere in Canada would be amazing. There are so many Canadian fans too. Would Canadain fans like this, or would it anger them, because they still couldn't be on the show? Hey - maybe they should just do an all-Canada version. Canada location -- Canadian survivors.

Ya know, I don't really care where they shoot it. I'll watch it, no matter what. They do a pretty good job of keeping it interesting, no matter where they are.

I don't watch the show to see skin. But I tell you, I would rather see Rupert in a skirt than these skeletal girls running around. I have a close relative who is anorexic, so I know they aren't quite as bad as that ... yet. It's just tough for me to look at -- these stick legs and arms -- ribs showing.....yikes!

Does anyone know -- did any of them at least try to bulk up a little bit before the show? Or are they too vain to do something like that?

Anyway --- I love the show -- I'll be a fan through the final show of the final season. Long live Survivor!