The Apprentice: Martha Stewart

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

Just read a tag line on CNN:

Martha Stewart reports she is already filming episodes of her new show, The Apprentice: Martha Stewart ... to premiere in October on the NBC Network ...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XandraSkye
Cool! Thanks Rans. I wonder if the tasks will include making papier mache ducks and cooking fancy meals?

Its a little martha but I cant imagine the tasks. They had a show like that on cbs called perfect and it was really boring. Running a b and b, throwing a big dinner party, etc. and the judges would say things like "I'm not really sure I could relate to the color pallete you selected."

I need to watch something like that like I need a whole in the head.

LOVE MARTHA!!! Love the concept of the show and I can't wait to see what kind of challenges they have... heck I might actually learn something with this reality show. I hope so but, if not... who am I kidding... I'm a reality hound!!! LOL

Guest ranster627

I am an out-of-the-closet Martha fan! I like so much about her, especially how she is self-made!

I hope this show gives her wit and personality a chance to shine ... I will be watching it!

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

YOU'RE... UM, ER...:." This much is known: She won't be using Donald Trump's dictum, "You're fired." Apparently, only Melania is allowed to use Donald's dictum. ("Oh, no you didn't." "Oh, yes I did.")

Guest ranster627

reuterslogo.gif

Stewart won't reveal her 'Apprentice' catchphrase

June 22, 2005 02:12:05

By Paul J. Gough

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - There won't be any "You're fired" death knells sounded when Martha Stewart takes the reins of "The Apprentice" this fall.

The domestic doyenne will find her own way in her own reality series -- but she won't say what it is yet.

The show will spotlight Stewart's working life and her attempts to find an aide through the TV process pioneered by Donald Trump through two seasons on NBC.

"I think you'll find it quite different," Stewart said Wednesday during an appearance at the Promax&BDA conference of marketing executives in New York.

Stewart said it took awhile for her to figure out what she would use in place of Trump's signature phrase. She even asked her employees via company intranet for suggestions.

"I got some doozies," she reported. Among them: "You're not a good thing" and "You're a bad thing."

But she wouldn't disclose what she will be saying when she cans contestants (and it won't be in a boardroom, she confirmed).

"I won't tell you. We're saving that for September" and the premiere, Stewart said.

Stewart was released from prison in March after serving five months for lying to investigators about a personal stock sale. She remains under house arrest until August, and is allowed out for 48 hours a week and for work only. She said she faced complications before addressing the Promax&BDA conference.

"I spent part of yesterday and today trying to convince my parole officer that this was essential business," Stewart said. "It took me quite a long time." But she said that she was able to convince him that the conference was essential to her business.

"Please back me up on that if he calls you," she said.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

IT'S A GOOD THING, YO: Martha Stewart's prison nickname was "M. Diddy," she knows how to jimmy the monitoring device on her ankle and she doesn't seem sorry for the sneaky stock sale that landed her behind bars. So shares the domestic diva in the August issue of Vanity Fair. Stewart reportedly gave her publicist a scare when she bragged about besting her ankle bracelet, saying, "I watched them put it on. You can figure out how to get it off." Here's a hint: It involves forging a key out of a dried cornhusk and pink cellophane.

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

NOT A GOOD THING: Martha Stewart's five-month house arrest has been extended by three weeks until Aug. 31, it was announced Wednesday. Although what the domestic diva did to earn the prolonged sentence wasn't revealed, the New York Post reported Sunday that Stewart was seen outside her estate attending a yoga class. Under the rules of her home confinement, the convicted felon is supposed to stay at home and get fat.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

NEPOTISM: IT'S A GOOD THING: Martha Stewart has announced who will be filling the roles of trusty sidekicks Carolyn and George on her version of The Apprentice. The domestic doyenne's daughter, Alexis, a consultant with Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, and Charles Koppelman, chairman of the board for MSLO, will serve as her "eyes and ears" during each week's task, join her in the boardroom conference room to advise on which contestant should go and be there to jimmy open that damn ankle bracelet whenever it starts to chafe.

Guest ranster627

WHADJA SAY, TOOTS?:. They looked like deer in headlights when she did what she did." Don't snicker

• 2 weeks later...

pic_main.jpg

The style and feel of this new show will be tailored to Martha Stewart's personality and brand identity. The tasks will be centered around Stewart's areas of expertise: media, home renovation, entertaining, design, merchandising, technology and style. Stewart will bring her own sensibilities and creativity to the elimination process. Martha Stewart has tapped her daughter Alexis Stewart, Consultant, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. and Charles Koppelman, Chairman of the Board, MSLO to be her weekly advisers.

Source

marthacast7bb.jpg

Guest ranster627

STUPID PENITENTIARY TRICKS: Having provided much monologue fodder since her June 2003 indictment on securities fraud and obstruction of justice charges, Martha Stewart will make her first late-night talk-show appearance on the Sept. 19 Late Show with David Letterman. I'm hoping for a "Top 10 Prison Nicknames or Little Rascals" list.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

IT'S A BAD THING: To borrow a phrase from the domestic diva herself, it appears The Apprentice: Martha Stewart is having a little trouble fitting into NBC's Wednesday lineup. The much-hyped spin-off debuted with a measly 7.6 million viewers and ranked a distant No. 2 behind ABC's Lost clips special. Speaking of Lost, a whopping 23 million viewers followed Jack and Co. into the hatch (Hi, Desmond!), and most of them

Guest ranster627
wow. I hope they don't yank it, I for one am enjoying it so far. I thought the task was cool and I like Martha's gentler, more tasteful approach. :(

I totally agree and am glad to see you in this subforum!

I just got an email saying Apprentice:Martha is moving to the 9pm timeslot on Wednesdays starting this week. I'm so happy to hear that because it was up against a lot of other popular shows - Lost, America's Next Top Model, and So You Think You Can Dance.

Apparently they make Wedding cakes this week. Hopefully the creative team will get their first win :)

PS That Jim's a sneaky one!

Does anyone know when they show the reruns? I thought that CNBC was showing the reruns of this show. I caught a rerun once. Since then I've only been seeing the Trump reruns on CNBC.

But then again, since she's moving to the 9 time slot, I should be ok. I've been missing the show due to the conflict with ANTM

Does anyone know when they show the reruns? I thought that CNBC was showing the reruns of this show. I caught a rerun once. Since then I've only been seeing the Trump reruns on CNBC.

But then again, since she's moving to the 9 time slot, I should be ok. I've been missing the show due to the conflict with ANTM

Sorry, have no idea and I missed the first half hour :(

(And missed last week's ANTM by watching Martha - that was good tv-planning on your part :) )

Dang I missed this show last night. The matchsticks lost again I heard but no clue why.

Recap from Television Without Pity

The teams are told to design, bake, frost, and sell wedding cakes. Primarius, headed by Howie, creates a classic taupe-colored cake with sophisticated white pearlized detail. There's a smudge of drama when, after sending some of his team to an Asian wedding warehouse to do research, Howie flips out on them for accusing him of sending them on a pointless task. However, all is happy when Sarah (who? I know!) and Howie apologize, kiss, and make up. I don't know if I've ever seen that sort of mature behavior on a reality show before.

Over on Matchstick's side, Shawn gets a fondant bug up her ass about the project, consults with famous cake-maker Sylvia Weinstock, and subsequently tells the team to think pink! She also brags to Charles's cigar that Matchstick is so acing the task that if they don't win, he can personally fire her. Well -- guess what? Shawn's little ace-in-the-hole is more like a toad-in-the-hole and they don't win. They make a weird-looking cake with textured Pepto-Abysmal-pink bows, and they don't even sell a single one. NOT A SINGLE ONE! Dave, the project manager for Matchstick this week, ridiculously brings Dawn and Marcela into the conference room with him, even though it is unfathomable how he could possibly blame either of them for the team's failure. Thankfully, Martha sees how stupid this is, calls the entire stupid team back to the conference room, and ends up firing Weather Girl Shawn and her stupid preppy pinks and greens and her stupid '80s raised collars and her stupid overly frosted Suze Orman hair.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this show doesn't get moved again, I am really enjoying it. As long as Jim is there, he is the highlight of the whole show. Bethenny is ok too. The rest of them sort of fade into the background. Next week's show should be a good one, they have to do a dog show. John Lithgow, Susan Lucci, and Fran Drescher are appearing as well. Jim supposedly does something sinister, I can't wait!!!! :P

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATER COOLER

The Apprentice: Martha Stewart

Fair warning! It's celebrity auction time on The Apprentice. Didn't you love the auctioneer? The teams designed and auctioned off a personal experience with a celeb and his/her dog to raise money for Broadway Barks. While the Fran Drescher experience pulled in a whopping $28,000 for Matchstick, the two other top bids went to Primarius' Sorvino and Oldham packages, resulting in a win for project manager Jim. Good for him, considering Martha handpicked him to lead the team. Was she setting him up? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, have you noticed how Martha has subtly and almost completely taken control of the show? Her surprise visit to/inspection of the loft, her choice of Jim as PM and again, her choosing the two to remain in the conference room