Gay People

Adria0

I know its going to sound politically incorrect, but I'll still say it. The gay people on reality TV shows are annoying! They pick the most outrageous ones. I think they over-do trying to fufill the sterotype of having gay people on the show. Enough is enough.

The same could be said for all groups targeted by casting directors for stereotypes on reality shows . . . blondes with large attributes, minorities especially African-Americans, etc. I have many friends who get a small thrill when the minority isn't the first one killed in an adventure film or television program.

I've heard many of them complain about the reality shows featuring the 'angry black man/woman' as a stereotype. Many get annoyed at the 'blonde bimbo' or 'dumb jock' stereotype. How about the 'hillbilly' label on anyone with a southern accent?

Until we stop watching the shows that feed the casting directors, I don't see much changing. Show business IS a BUSINESS. Ratings rule the airwaves. We watch. Casting directors think they have a winning formula. America loses.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know. The only two gay reality show contestants I can remember disliking much were Hatch and Beau , from this years BB.

And some of them have been my favorite people. Coby from last years Survivor,who was ferocious in the challenges, and Will from BB a couple of years ago stand out. Rafe from this years Survivor doesn't get on my nerves either.

I kinda disagree with the premise that they only cast the real flamboyant gays. And as far as dumb blondes go, Janelle sure nipped that one in the bud.

It is true, however, that sometimes the other contestants buy into the stereotype. More often than not, actually.