Anwar F. Robinson

salter-path

ANWAR F. ROBINSON - (25) From Elizabeth, NJ (Auditioned in DC) - Anwar F. Robinson has been singing from a young age and was a member of the Newark Boys' Chorus, which traveled to Prague to perform and also performed at the second inauguration of President Bill Clinton. After high school, he attended Westminster Choir College of Ryder University, where he earned a degree in music education. He currently teaches vocal music at Thomas Edison Middle School in West Orange, NJ. Anwar is a member of a group called The Perfect Combination, which performs at weddings and office events in the tri-state area. Other accomplishments include an appearance on the "Emeril Live Christmas Special" and providing piano accompaniment for Patti La Belle on her cooking show pilot..

blanwarrobinson6vm.th.jpg

:roll: I cannot beleive that there are not a couple of hundred posts about this very very talented young man. He is the most talented of the male performers, if not of all of the performers on the show.

He has a wonderful voice and a shy but commanding presence. I think that he definitely has the ability and the personality to win this competition.

I wish him well.

Guest Anonymous

I really like Anwar too -- he's one of my top 4. But... I do wish he would "cut loose" I can sense that there is something really incredible just waiting to get out. He seems to hold back a bit.

Guest Taloola

Actually, Anwar has the goods. I believe he will deliver soon, meaning by next week. He actually teaches at a school that many moons ago I attended. I'm very happy to see him in this competition and feel he'll make it far.

*Keeps fingers crossed*

What a gentleman and a good looking man too. He's not my Bo, but he's a very charming, gentle, soul. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

He said he may cut his hair in the Us Magazine article I posted in the Who Inspired Who? thread I started.....

Nooooooooooooo!!! I don't want him to cut it either! Why would he do that??? I love his dreads, man!! I can't imagine him without them or what he would even look like!!

:o

Guest Anonymous
I so agree with you he is so good looking hair and all. Someone told me they heard a rumour that he was gay is that true or not?

Honestly doesn't matter to me. I still like looking at him. I think, though, that that's just another rumour tossed out for conversation sake.

I am available! But it's just my luck that he would be gay. Like I'd have a snowball's chance.

I'm still writing letters to Willie Nelson trying to get him to jam with me. No response, yet. It'll happen! I won't give up!

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Last night's theme: Movie music.

Anwar finally stepped it up! He was fabulous! Simon was bored the whole evening so his comments were less than zealous for most everyone.

But it was great to see Anwar sing with passion again. Does anyone else agree that the Anwar we knew and loved is back, or at least came back last night?

:D

Guest XandraSkye

* Yawn *

This guy bores me to tears. He too, I don't know, he belongs in musicals or singing jazz or something. He just doesn't say 'main stream' to me....AT ALL.

Guest conniejoe

When Anwar's ON, he's fantastic. But when he's OFF, he's horrible. Last night was a good one for him. He's just not consistent.

I think Simon is right on when he says that Anwar can hit that critical note at the end. But he usually struggles w/ the beginning of his songs. It's almost like he's trying to find his key.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tom cats seem to like it :wink:

(but I will admit I've never heard of the male to be the one to innitiate the ritual... wonder why that is ?)

Good luck Anwar :!:

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.