Will the Teams be leaving the Country?

wqrt

or will they just race through amish country in the U.S.? I don't care much for the family edition. I agree with an earlier post that the challenges will have to be scaled down to acomidate the small children. I don't see them jumping out of planes anytime soon. But I'm still a fan of TAR and will contiue to watch each week.

I don't think they are leaving this continent. I would think the logistics of trying to get 4 people and a camera person into a taxi in a third world country would be horrible. Phil did say that all the gas is paid for so I think they are driving the whole time.

I don't think they are leaving this continent. I would think the logistics of trying to get 4 people and a camera person into a taxi in a third world country would be horrible. Phil did say that all the gas is paid for so I think they are driving the whole time.

I'm not sure. He did say airline tickets so.

Anyway, rumor had it they weren't leaving the states, but in a pre season interview the producer said they had decoys all over the place to throw people off. AND mentioned that some of the kids will surprise you with how much more they can accomplish over the adults, especially cuz they can weave in and out of crowds a whole lot more as they are smaller. So I guess we'll see anyway.

Guest linkinlexi

i dunno. maybe when the other team w/ the two young children get eliminated (hopefully, the next episode) they leave the country and the tasks will get harder and better. but that's only the wihsful thinking of a devoted TAR fan.

The US only thing may not even be a kid thing. It may be a CBS is cheap thing (twice the number of people equals twice the number of airline tickets, twice the number of meals, etc.). I only remember the teams having to camp it twice . . . once was in the Icelandic backwoods, and once was in the African bushland. But camping in suburban Philadelphia? To me that says 'CBS is cheap' ;)

Guest linkinlexi

i read somewhere that they will be travelling half the distance this season then they do on other seasons, due to the fact there ar eyoung children (or they can't afford it) i dunno. they left the state, let's see them leave the country... i hear canada is nice this time of the year.....

The US only thing may not even be a kid thing. It may be a CBS is cheap thing (twice the number of people equals twice the number of airline tickets, twice the number of meals, etc.). I only remember the teams having to camp it twice . . . once was in the Icelandic backwoods, and once was in the African bushland. But camping in suburban Philadelphia? To me that says 'CBS is cheap' ;)

Must not have read my post, because they had decoys all over pretending to be running the Race, so if they were so cheap they wouldn't have had that many decoys.

Must not have read my post, because they had decoys all over pretending to be running the Race, so if they were so cheap they wouldn't have had that many decoys.

Sorry DiamondAuraPayge, didn't mean to make it seem like I hadn't read your post - I just didn't know what it meant.

Are the decoys something new for this year? (They didn't have them in previous years?) I know sometimes they add extra envelopes into the clue box so teams won't know what place they're in, but I don't know about the decoys.

PS Toronto - interesting, eh!

Sorry DiamondAuraPayge, didn't mean to make it seem like I hadn't read your post - I just didn't know what it meant.

Are the decoys something new for this year? (They didn't have them in previous years?) I know sometimes they add extra envelopes into the clue box so teams won't know what place they're in, but I don't know about the decoys.

PS Toronto - interesting, eh!

No problem :)

I don't know if it's new or not, but the producer was stating in an interview that they have become so popular that they have to send out decoys so their secrets won't be discovered and blabbed, so it may be new.

I would love it if they come to Toronto lol See some of my old stomping grounds on my favorite show, that would be cool :)

No problem :)

I don't know if it's new or not, but the producer was stating in an interview that they have become so popular that they have to send out decoys so their secrets won't be discovered and blabbed, so it may be new.

I would love it if they come to Toronto lol See some of my old stomping grounds on my favorite show, that would be cool :)

Oh, I see! :)

Especially while it's being filmed in the US and Canada, I could see why that might be a new expense. Interesting stuff!

Hey, I just saw a commercial for tomorrow's Amazing Race (the same preview they showed at the end of last week's show), and it looks like the next place they go is somewhere in The South. They get to participate in one of those Civil War reinactment things.

Maybe they go to Toronto towards the end of the show. Otherwise it may just have been one of the decoy teams - those tricksters! :angry:;)

I think they camped by the pyramids, and then they also camped when the pro wrestlers were on the show but I don't remember where that was.

The wrestlers were in Iceland, where they camped for the first night of the race. Was just watching an episode of TAR7 on GSN on Monday night and they had to 'camp' in the middle of Africa. Remember when they just had the cots set out in a circle?

I think the teams had to camp again at the first pit stop. Noticed that all the teams had their sleeping pads when they were loading their cars to leave the pit stop.