Nikko Smith

salter-path

NIKKO SMITH - (22) From Town & Country, MO (Auditioned in St. Louis) - Nikko Smith was born in San Diego, CA, but has lived his whole life in St. Louis. He started singing at age 7 in church. In 1996, he joined the singing group Team 11, which performed cover tunes at promotional events. He attended Parkway West High School in Town & Country. Nikko is the son of Hall of Fame baseball player Ozzie Smith of the St. Louis Cardinals. Nikko has one brother and one sister. In 2003, Nikko moved to L.A. with Team 11 to pursue music, but moved back the same year, after the group disbanded. He has performed at several St. Louis jazz and blues clubs..

blnikkosmith4ql.th.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Nikko sounds like a singer from another time. He reminds me, in voice, of Stevie Wonder. I didn't care much for him either.

Guest Anonymous

I just can't figure him out. He kind seems a non-entity in the contest. Love him or hate him, I can't see him going very far.

Guest conniejoe
I loved Nikko's performance tonight! He seems to be getting better and better as the competition rolls on.

Guest Anonymous

I can't handle listening to this guy. He's so -- run of the mill boring. He's got a voice but next to zero charisma.

Guest Anonymous

Every time he comes on I keep thinking of a dozen things I have to do -- wash the dishes, paint the ceiling.... lol -- he just doesn't keep my attention.

I like Nikko. Aside from a little over "effecting", I enjoy listening to him. I think Randy said it best tonight, when he told him he liked how he kept the songs he sang "fresh".

I don't think he'll make it even as far as the Final 6, but he's got a good voice and a good personality. He doesn't milk it like Constaposer. :wink:

Guest XandraSkye
I think Nikko is a cutie and I can't help but cheer him on. Also, he's the only with a real R&B sound to him and that's one of my favorite types of music so that might be another reason why I like him.

Guest conniejoe
Now, I do like Nikko. I think he did the best job of them all last night. He took a hokey musical-type song and made it all his own. He owned that stage and I really enjoyed his R&B twist on what normally is a BLAH number.

Guest Anonymous

I honestly don't know what it is about Nikko -- last night I was determined to listen to him and try to like him as I've heard so much good about him-- but once again I found myself looking out the window and wondering if the neighbours knew that their clothes line was on the ground. Nikko just doesn't hold my attention -- he's not a bad singer -- he's just rather 'common'.

Well, Spooky. What do you know? I guess a lot!

I can't believe Scott made it over Nikko. sigh. Do I need to clean out my ears? He seems off-key every time I hear him sing. Nikko has been better the last 4 times, IMO, than Scott. I can't understand this. :shock:

Guest Anonymous

I think the whole story of this season's AI is to find a unique talent. With all due respect to the three previous idol winners, people are looking for someone who stands out as being more real. I think this is the reason that Nikko didn't stand out -- in previous AIs he may have won -- but not this year. I guess that sounds like I'm saying he's "last year" -- and I guess that is what I'm saying. He's definitely talented -- but I placed him in the bottom three and I'm not completely surprised he's gone this week.

I am only a little surprised because I thought Scott's time had come. I think the news of his conviction on top of the bad performance - ok really bad - he gave last night would oust him. Apparently he appeals to the soft of heart -- he may fit in with a certain target group. I don't know.

I was kind of surprised once again to see Anthony safe. That one I don't get.

But I'm not too upset that Nikko's gone. I only wish I'd been able to sit through just one of his performances without losing interest.

Guest conniejoe
Well, I for one am angry that Nikko went before Scott and Anthony. I think Nikko had much more talent than either of those two.

Guest Anonymous

I agree that Nikko did do better than Scott -- and Anthony.

I guess thats the way democracy goes though.

I'm sure that Nikko will have a very successful place in the music industry.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name