Lindsey Cardinale

salter-path

LINDSEY CARDINALE - (20) From Ponchatoula, LA (Auditioned in New Orleans) - Lindsey Cardinale is currently a student Southeastern Louisiana University. She has been performing since she was 12 years old in school shows, benefits, fairs, festivals and weddings. Lindsey also plays the guitar, piano and drums. In her off time, Lindsey enjoys riding horses, four-wheelers, knee boarding, hunting and fishing..

bllindseycardinale1ep.th.jpg

Guest conniejoe

Don't get it! I thought she did a great job last night. I can't understand the negativism coming from the judges.

I felt her performance was better than most of them.

Guest Anonymous

I'm with you on that -- no she wasn't the strongest singer and it WAS like she was holding back. And..... yes it SHOULD have been Mikala. She's really no where near the caliber of the rest of the group.

Guest conniejoe

Lost a spur-of-the-moment side bet on the Lindsey vs. Mikalah decision. Fortunately, I'd won a lot on Survivor, so it didn't hurt much monetarily. But it really ticks me off that Mikalah won when clearly she has no voice whatsoever and shouldn't even be in the competition.

I felt really bad for Lindsey. She had so much more talent than Mikalah.

Guest Anonymous

Yes but to quote nebarist (sp?) Mikala has the personality that Lindsay doesn't -- I bet the vote was close between them. I liked Lindsay -- but I doubt she would have lasted longer had it been Mikala who went tonight. Hopefully -- and I say that for the sound of the whole group when they sing - she will be gone next week.

Well. I think it should have been Anthony. But, Lindsay didn't deliver. Her voice wasn't strong. And the smoky flair that we love, is an acquired taste. And I mean taste. You've got to have taste.

So. That says a lot for us!

:D

No Regrets as Cardinale Departs 'Idol'

By Daniel Fienberg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - straw and became the first eliminated Top 12 contestant, might have a right to be bitter about Cowell's often harsh comments.

She isn't.

"I'm here now and that's the way it happened, so that's the way I have to go with it," Cardinale says. "If he did persuade votes, then that's fine too and he knows what he's talking about. He's there for a reason. He sits in that chair because he gives words of wisdom."

For several weeks, the judges kept telling Cardinale that they were looking for the spark she showed them in the earlier audition rounds. The only hints of bitterness in the 20-year-old singer's voice creep to the surface when she speculates as to what the judges hoped to see in her and why she was never able to entirely satisfy them. "You don't know what they're looking for," she explains. "They never give you advice, they just tell you that they want something more, but they don't tell you what it is."

Her voice cracking from tears, Cardinale made a final "Idol" performance on Wednesday night after host Ryan Seacrest announced the results. As she sang, she made the point of walking out into the crowd and shaking hands with the three judges. With the immediacy of that emotional moment behind her, she can reflect on what she was feeling.

"It was hurtful to know that I didn't pull as many votes as the other contestants, but that's the way the cookie crumbles," she sighs. "That's just how it is. Basically, if America didn't want me in it, then why would you want to be somewhere where you're not really wanted?"

Because of her early departure, Cardinale won't get to tour with the "Idol" Top 10 this summer, but she will get to record a track for the show's upcoming album. A small-town girl who admits that she still gives Los Angeles' palm trees funny looks, Cardinale hopes that she can still make it back to her hometown of Ponchatoula for the 34th Annual Strawberry Festival, which begins on Friday, April 8.

"I miss the strawberries," she laughs. "I ate some here the other day and they were good, but they just weren't what I expected. I really miss Ponchatoula."

Cardinale's departing message is probably one that all "Idol" rejects could take to heart.

"I'm definitely gonna keep singing," she promises. "My 'Idol' door is closed, but so many more will open hopefully from this. This is my dream and anybody who has a dream, they know if you get knocked down one time, you can't give up, because if you do, it never was your dream."

Ousted 'Idol' Lindsey Cardinale Talks to ET

March 21, 2005

Making it to the Final 12 on "American Idol" is quite a feat because of the thousands of hopefuls who audition each season. Still, it has to be hard to make it that far and then be the first one to be voted off. Sadly, that is just what happened to LINDSEY CARDINALE, who received the least amount of votes following her performance last Tuesday.

Lindsey chose "Knock on Wood" for the '60s-themed night and was taken to task by the judges for her less than sterling performance. SIMON COWELL went as far as to say that he felt America turned down the volume on their TV sets during her song.

"Every time you go out there, you can't help nerves and you can't help being excited," the 20-year-old from Ponchatoula, LA tells ET. "There is a thin line because they both affect the way that you perform. I went out there and did everything that I could do. That is all that matters. Just to be this far is a wonderful experience."

Another disappointment of being the first to leave is that Lindsey won't get to join her fellow contestants when the Top 10 tour the country this summer. Still, she is planning to return for the finale show and cheer on the new "American Idol." And she plans to stay in touch with the new friends she made, especially MIKALAH GORDON, who was in the bottom two along with her.

"Waiting to hear the results was really hard," Lindsey says of Wednesday night's results show. "One of the bottom three got to go sit down, and then there was a commercial. Then RYAN SEACREST told a little story, and then there was a commercial. So we were, 'Please. Tell us which one of us is going to go home.' We would rather have gone home than stand there and sweat to death."

Lindsey now plans to relax, visit with friends and plan what to do next.

"I am getting better every day," she says. "It is still kind of disappointing. That door closes and, hopefully, many more will open."

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.