Nadia Turner

salter-path

NADIA TURNER - (28.) From Miami, FL (Auditioned in Orlando) - Nadia Turner, recently studied advertising and psychology at Florida International University. Presently, Nadia is a bartender/waitress at Oxygen Lounge, while also performing at church functions. Nadia is a member of the Tool Box group, a rock/soul Christian band that tours churches and charity groups. In her spare time, Nadia enjoys black and white photography, bowling, roller skating and playing cards. .

blnadiaturner8yw.th.jpg

Guest Anonymous

She's my pick for final 2. Not only a real talent but a good stage presence both in and out of performances.

I love Nadia, I think the only thing that will keep her from winning this year is that Fantasia won last year. She brings it everytime she is on that stage, she just lights the place up and makes you want to stand up and cheer for her.

I have seen tonight's performance and I'm sorry to say that Nadia's was the worse performance I have ever seen of Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time and totally agreed with Simon's analogy that it was reminiscent of a cruise ship performance where they keep changing outfits.

This was her absolute worst performance. :cry: The hair was even horrible. :shock: I will be really shocked if Mikalah beats her out, again, though. :shock: :shock:

HA! Just because you sing a song of Cyndi's doesn't mean you have do your hair like hers!! :lol: :wink:

Carrie didn't dress like George Washington!!

I'm sorry, neb. I know you really dig Nadia. But really, out of 930 songs that was the best she could do? Her voice was wavering and not as strong as we know it is. The chick can wail and we didn't see it. The song didn't call for her style. Bad song choice for such an upbeat girl.

Jem, I understand the program. :wink:

The worse performance? Did you not hear Mikalah? that was painful!!

P.S. I'm sorry, I was having teeth pulled during that part. :shock:

And I said...

...that was the worse performance of Time After Time...

:rofl That she did!!

Ann and Nancy Wilson were into the Colonial look when Bad Animals was released in the 80's. That's where my G. Washington reference came from.

Maybe I'll just shut up before I show my age too much more. :!:

:lol:

:wink:

Guest Anonymous

I loved her performance tonight. I think she commanded the audience -- both with her look and her performance.

Guest RogueyStars2004

I just love Nadia! She is my #1 girl! I loved her performance tonight as I do every week! :D I loved her fauxhawk! It ruled! She always rocks my socks off!

GO Nadia!

~RogueyStars2004

Guest conniejoe

Nadia always puts on a good show! But she doesn't have the strongest voice.

I do enjoy her performances tremendously. She brings a lot of energy and seems to have a good time on stage.

That said, I don't see her making the Final Four. She just doesn't have the pipes to compete against Bo, Carrie, Jessica or Anwar.

Guest cappy

Im not a regular watcher of American Idol but seeing Nadia perform. She was very good on stage. Id lose the mohawk though... lol

Guest Anonymous

I'm going to change my vote on this and agree -- it seems the mohawk caught more attention than her singing. In this case, I'd advise her to lose it too -- although I did like. It distracted from her performance.

Guest ranster627
That's my point Tabitha.  I think too many people were thinking more of her hairdo than her performance.  I hope she doesn't try it again.  

Although -- and I'll say it again -- I liked it.

I loved it, and I loved the little nuances of Cher --- yeah Cher!!!! --- that she threw in.

It was a class act from start to finish! If she leaves too soon, it will be my strong opinion that the public doesn't know talent ... then again, I love Fantasia too!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Well I don't like Fantasia myself -- I thought she was too "cabaret". But Nadia is very talented. I think its unfortunate but the mohawk just didn't help her this week.

Guest XandraSkye
Ok, I know this is so last week but I really like Nadia's performance of 'Time After Time'. I thought she made it own. She was one of my favs that night.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name