Theories about the show.

Beetle433

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked but could not find the short video clip that someone (Ranster, I think it was you?) it was a video clip found on another website, that showed Jack and Claire standing in front of the wreckage, and then something in the sky swooping down and hitting the engine (or whatever that is, a fan?) and making it blow up and then swooping away again...

Quite a few people said that it was computer generated - not really in the shot...

Well last nite I watched Pilot part 2 (that aired last week) and at the very beginning of the show they said "previuosly on Lost" and that scene was in there - with the swooping thing coming down and making the wreckage blow up!!

Ranster (or whoever it was that posted it) maybe you can try to find that thread again and bump it up? Or maybe find the video clip wherever you found it last time and repost it?

I had a very long/late nite last nite and my eyes are only half open right now, I simply cannot search anymore threads right now... :?

~raydog

Guest ranster627

any time bud! it has been speculated that it is the shadow monster!

we have many great surprises in the LOST Forums, and the nicest of all Salter, seeing you post in here! :wink:

• 3 months later...

Okay, here are a few of my theories regarding this show. First off the whole Jack Rutherford thing. I think that Jack was Shannon's father and that sometime in this season we will see Shannon confiding in Jack about losing her father and him telling her that he was the doctor in the ER that chose to save the woman over him leading to a big confrontation. Second the medicine that Desmond was taking. I think that this is the cure to the "Sickness" that took over the crew of Danielle's ship. Or possibly a cure that Desmond is working on. Third, the numbers. I have a theory that all the people on the plane that survived had something to do with the numbers. For example the person who sat in the 4th row 8th seat, 8th row seats 15 and 16, or had seat numbers with some combination of the numbers in them seat 4, seat 8, seat 48, etc. Also maybe addresses where they lived, birth dates, age, etc. Ack I have so many theories, but I would love to hear some of the ones you guys have. I sooooo love this show and sooooo excited that it is back on. Come on guys, start posting season has started let's hear what you have to say!!

Here's a theory from my Dad...

Lots of people have hypothesized that maybe the survivor's are repenting for sins or have something they atone for something they've done in their lives.

Along those lines, but exact opposite. My dad's theory is that what brought all these people together is that they've all had a "miracle" in their lives. ex. Jack saves Sarah. Hurley wins the Lottery. It could be that Locke's "miracle" was the plane crash and being able to walk again.

Anyways... just a theory. I know we haven't seen the miracle for all the character's yet but, maybe they will be revealed throught out the seasons?

Guest ranster627

I just can't shake the feeling that it is something simple that we are overlooking ... as plain as the nose ...

At the same time, I still have this "grand design" theory where everyone is a part of a large experiment and events are being guided and controlled.

Ceci's dad's theory linking miracles is a fascinating one too ....

One that popped into my head is that the island was intended to be like a huge Noah's ark ,,, a refuge from Holocaust like a huge bomb shelter built out of the 60's ... or a biosphere ... that went terribly wrong.

The prompt on the puter that Desmond is using... they had several shots of it with not dialogue... just a few seconds of the screen. Long enough to make me believe there is something we're supposed to get from that... like a clue. I almost had the feeling that Desmond was controlling the "universe" with this dinosaur of a computer. Something like what you're saying Ranster. Maybe when the puter was first invented and the internet mass produced there was some kind of "back door" that the "creator" could use to control things. In essence people lives, etc.

However, I admit that I also had the thought of a biosphere experiment when Jack was looking for Kate you could see that there was some glass dome type environment. Along, with Desmond injecting himself with something and the quarantine warning on the hatch. Leads me that direction too.

Of course we could be way off base and all Desmond is doing is taking viatmin shots as I'm sure he doesn't have a lot of food being locked into an underground bunker...lol

Right from the start I have had this feeling it is a time thing. I just can't formulate my thoughts about it yet, but if Pauly Shore pops out of the trees with an afro and platform shoes I will never accept candy from a gypsy again.

I wish I knew this earlier...

I would have been alot nicer to the gypsies had I known they had candy...

Guest ranster627
Right from the start I have had this feeling it is a time thing. I just can't formulate my thoughts about it yet, but if Pauly Shore pops out of the trees with an afro and platform shoes I will never accept candy from a gypsy again.

I have a feeling you are so much more on the money than you realize with the time thing ...

Quick digression to King ... I used to have an afro ... lol

Back to topic ... I think time collides on the island and I have always speculated that people age differently there ... I am confident we will see signs of that

I blend that with my Noah's Ark (biosphere) theory that explains the Polar Bear and my firm belief that the computer has all the passengers names as case study files and I don't have time to sleep. LOST is my own private hell and challenge all rolled in one!

After re-watching the season premere episode, (thanks TiVo) I noticed the computers downstairs in that lab sort of place were old computers and one Apple 2 computer. Strange thing about that is that 108 thousand apple2 computers were sold the first 4 mounths in 1991. Whats weird about that is 108 is the number when you add the cursed numbers.

4 8 15 16 23 42 = 108

1 Apple2 computer equals > on the screen equals computer controlls defence system gone rougue and mixes in responce to base computers being comprimised.

Thats the best quess that I can come up with at this time in short.

Apple2 computer = evil.

What do you guys think?

Here may be another "Wild" theory about the island......but here goes. Remember when Walt was reading the comic book in the first season? It showed us pictures of Dinosaurs, Polar Bears, and......Aliens. Now I'm hoping I'm wrong on this one, because as much as I love Sci-Fi shows I would hate for this one to turn in to that. But, what if the island is actually a spacecraft that crashed into the ocean thousands of years ago and now looks like an island due to sand build up and plants forming over time? I know, I know sounds stupid, but you never know.

Also, has anybody checked into some locations of islands near Australia in the Polynesian Island chain to see if there are any islands that are located like 15 degrees longitude 160 degrees latitude? Or some kind of degrees relating to the number, I may be wrong but I think there is an island with those degrees and that could be the one that they crashed on to?

Also, LOL I know like I said I have a million theories, has anybody done any background checks on the meanings of all of the characters names? I did on a few and came up with: John Locke was an 18th or 19th century philosopher who wrote books that dealt with Man vs. Man, Man vs. his environment, and Man vs. God. Sound like somebody we know on the island? Hugo said that back home his name meant Warrior or something like that in an early first season episode. Michael of course relates to the Arch-Angel Michael. Walt means Great king or leader. I'm thinking that Sawyer has something to do with Tom Sawyer, maybe going on a great adventure. Kate could be something to do with the Taming of the Shrew. Anyways, see what you guys can come up with, I've been told that their names have meaning to who they are and why they are on the island.

Desmond. Is he crazy all ready and trying to cure himself? Is he sane and fears that the people on the island are sick and affraid of them? Will he team up with the people on the island and try to live with them peacefully and help? Will he be killed by the "Others" trying to help rescue one of the raft survivors? Is he running the security system on the island? If so about running the security system, what kind of security system is it? Alien? Secret Government Project gone bad?

Will there be some kind of split between the people on the island leading to two seperate factions led by Jack and possibly Walt? Are the "Others" sick with the disease that took over Danielle's crew? Is there another island that is not too far away from the island that the survivors are on and that is where the "Others" make their base? Did part of the plane also crash down on this "Other" island and there are survivors on it too?

Help me out here people. I have a ton of ideas and theories, now let's see if we can mesh some together and figure this stuff out.

Now that you mention it, I do believe I heard something about an accident involving a mini-van. So you may be right and thank you for correcting me about Adam's name. LOL, in my excitement to post I put Jack's name on there instead. LOL.

One other thing I thought about, I know everybody knows that in all of the flashbacks you see one member of the surviving plane crash victims in the background. Do you think that they have all met each other at some point in time, just not remembered that they saw the other person and that they might be on this island to further their involvement in each other's lives in some way. Hurley owns a box company and I believe it is the same one that Locke worked for. Boone was at the police station and Sawyer was being arrested in the background could it be that there was a possibility Shannon might have gotten involved with Sawyer if they hadn't crashed on the island? Hurley was on the t.v. when they did the Sun/Jin flashback, perhaps her father might have had some business plans that somehow involved Hurley investing money in? Jack was sitting on the plane when they wheeled Locke by perhaps somehow Jack would have been involved in some form of surgery to help Locke get out of the wheel chair? Ack, I swear I hate this show sometimes and love it at others!! LOL I love how this show is making me think outside the box!! My co-worker told me, "I never want this show to end, yet at the same time I want it to end just so I can know all the answers!" So true, so true!!

ok, I'm new at this so don't hurt me....here goes......The secuity system couldn't possibly be the computer because something out there killed the pilot in the first season. So there has to be a monster or something on the island that isn't human. Has anyone touched on that at all? Just an observation that's all.

sigh----yahh----naaaa----taaaa

Crap, my mind is also spinning.....

Towards the beginning of last season the writers confirmed that they named people what they did for a reason - so you are definately onto something there, Phat (btw, bookmarked your site and can't wait to read it, once my headache goes away :P )

I too have a ton of theories spinning around in my brain and it varies from day to day which one I like the best, LOL!!

Has everyone here read Stephen King's Gunslinger (I and II)??? I think it's MUST READ for Lost fans... read it or look up synopsis (synopses?) online and you'll see why...

Dammit I love this show!!

Guest ranster627

as most of these theories seem to still be growing out of last years ... like the names and so on ... I am gently reminding everyone to hit show all when you enter this forum to see previous threads, but that is not meant to stop this speculation ... it does seem we get more and more to build on ...

My question ... when and where did the creators dismiss the Monster idea?

Also, I agree the computer does not control any security system, but I do believe it hold information ...

I have a feeling you are so much more on the money than you realize with the time thing ...

Quick digression to King ... I used to have an afro ... lol

Back to topic ... I think time collides on the island and I have always speculated that people age differently there ... I am confident we will see signs of that

I blend that with my Noah's Ark (biosphere) theory that explains the Polar Bear and my firm belief that the computer has all the passengers names as case study files and I don't have time to sleep. LOST is my own private hell and challenge all rolled in one!

LOL...heaven for one hour each week, hell for many seasons...and yet, SO WORTH IT! :D

LOL I love how this show is making me think outside the box!! My co-worker told me, "I never want this show to end, yet at the same time I want it to end just so I can know all the answers!" So true, so true!!

I'm sure I'll get many disagreements on this one, but I really feel like the LOST powers that be (writers, producers, CBS heads, etc.) should make this a definite 3 or 4 season show at most. That way the show can be slowly and methodically developed to a definite and exciting conclusion.

I've seen several great shows (X-Files comes to mind) get mired down after many seasons of success because the writers have to keep thinking of continual questions and answers to keep the show on the air. This slowly wears down all but the die-hard viewer (which I am with LOST), ending up with the show finally being cancelled and the writers having to tie up the end of the show with usually a less-than-satisfying end.

Using the movie trilogy of "The Lord of the Rings", for example, it was very satisfying as a trilogy (as the author intended,I know) but imagine it as a t.v. show going on year after year with the writers having to make additional obstacles for Frodo, Sam and Co to face... then all of a sudden the show is not picked up for the another season due to dwindling viewers. Now the writers have to cram an ending in that was not as they had originally envisioned or intended.

Don't get me wrong- I truly believe that this is the BEST T.V. show of all time and wait on pins and needles each week for the next episode to air. I just think that often times great shows are ruined or minimalized due to the greed of television studio executives, and ultimately the show's fans are cheated out of a satisfying conclusion. Nuff said. I'm sure I'll hear about this and would actually appreciate hearing others opinions! B)

I do agree that it shouldn't be a 15 year t.v. show. However, they at least need to make it into syndication. Which is what 5 years? I don't know, I watched Star Trek the Next Generation and never wanted it to end. Quantum Leap and MacGuyver as well. I was sooooo devestated when they took those three shows off the air. Felt like somebody just ripped my heart out and threw it on the floor for me to watch it stop beating. LOL. I can see this show going for quite some time. If they develope it slowly and focus on certain characters and us getting to know them on the island and through flashbacks it could easily go on for quite some time. All they have to do is tease us with a little sumpin sumpin in each episode to keep us guessing what's going to happen next and wanting more. We'll see, here's to it never ending, yet ending at the same time!! LOL

In the DVD of Lost from the 1st year JJ Abrams says they already have a 5 year plan for the storyline. So don't fret as long as they are this good with the ratings this will be around for at least that. Only he and the other main writer know what the storyline will be. I was kind of surprised that they showed us the hatch inner workings so early. But I am thinking now that they must have had to it must be an integral part of the story. Makes me wonder if most of the survivors won't be moved down in to it soon.

I wonder how big that ???? (submarine, bio-sphere, spaceship, etc.) is down there? I wonder if it goes all around the island. And why didn't that guy shave? Obviously he has been down there for a while. If he is so concerned with working out and making his body look good.....WHY NOT SHAVE!!!!

c'mon How is going to meet a nice young lady looking like that? ;)

In the DVD of Lost from the 1st year JJ Abrams says they already have a 5 year plan for the storyline. So don't fret as long as they are this good with the ratings this will be around for at least that. Only he and the other main writer know what the storyline will be. I was kind of surprised that they showed us the hatch inner workings so early. But I am thinking now that they must have had to it must be an integral part of the story. Makes me wonder if most of the survivors won't be moved down in to it soon.

Thanks for sharing the info, cindyannie! A 5-year plan definitely works for me if they've got it all worked out...now I'm SURE that LOST will be solidly ADDICTIVE show for at least 5 years! B)

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name