All-Star Reality Reunion

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

All-Star Reality Reunion

Watching this was like spending a day in Kathy Griffin's fantasy land. The reality-obsessed comedian took on 52 "famous" or infamous contestants and asked them all her burning questions. At first I was confused because they were doing the introductions and Darva "I Very Briefly Married a Millionaire" Conger was there, and I so didn't remember her from Battle, but assumed she must have been there when I was dozing. Then I realized it was just a random assortment of pseudo celebs who got together to gab, gossip and grasp vainly at two more minutes of fame. I didn't really learn too much; sadly, I know way too much about all these people already, and yes, I recognized them all. What has my life become? Anyway

I watched this train wreck and was so very disappointed. It might as well have been titled "The Richard Hatch, Burton, Omarosa and The Miz Show." Although trying to cover all 52 reality contestants in one hour seems daunting to me, I would be totally insulted by the lack or even non-existent air time most of these pseudo celebs received.

After introductions, some of them were never heard or even referenced again. "Last Comic Standing's" Dat Phan and Jay London, brilliant comics in their own right, were never even approached. The three contestants from "Showdog Mom and Dads" (with dogs in tow) sat there looking bored and a bit confused to why they were even invited.

Overall, I thought this was either poorly planned, poorly edited or poorly hosted. By the show's end, it was hard to tell who the offending party was in this pre-fab reality event. If you have this many reality contestants in one room, expand the special to two hours and utilize ALL the contestants even if just briefly. Otherwise, it makes for awkward television watching the 15-minute famers struggling to understand why they signed up for this appearance in the first place.