sethbullock

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The Apprentice

So here's the folly of scheduling two, count 'em, two Apprentices on your fall line-up, NBC. You're absolutely forcing us to realize how much better at this The Martha is than The Donald. Here's the breakdown after just one week. Martha's comfortable in front of the cameras; Trump still doesn't understand the concept of the microphone. (Dude, STOP YELLING. We can hear you.) Martha engages her teams in a challenging task well-suited to her multimedia empire; Trump conjures up an excuse to get the ladies into spandex pants so they can sell kickboxing classes on the street. Martha composes a thoughtful letter to her dismissee; Trump gives a wink-wink nudge-nudge to George and Carolyn and then promptly hops in his chopper for a nighttime round of eighteen holes on his solid-gold golf course. Or at least, that's what I'm convinced happens just as soon as the cameras stop rolling. Don't you see what's going on here, Donald? Fight for me. Martha's trying to steal my heart.

We're back to men versus women this season

I just thought I'd throw out who I think will win this season...

I predict Randal will win The Apprentice 4.

Anyone else have a prediction?

Guest ranster627

The Apprentice

After the ladies' incompetence last week, it's the men's turn to crash and burn. Team Excel makes the classic mistake of putting the cart before the Lamborghini, assuming a little testosterone will make easy work of selling a sports car. Sure, fellas, those Y chromosomes may come in handy, but so does a basic knowledge of the English language. Project manager Chris decrees straightaway that in advertising "clich

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

Chris said on his fishbowl interview on Friday that he and his wife are moving to NYC because he's going to be working with Josh at Josh's tooth whitening company. Glad he made such a close friend, but guess that means Josh isn't going to be Donald's next apprentice either.

Hmmm . . . don't know who to pick now. I put my bets on Chris for the Yahoo prediction thingie. He cost me a chance at 450 extra points - WTG dude :(

Seems like this season the women's attitudes are getting in the way of working together & succeeding. Tonight I thought Rebecca was a failure as a PM in a few respects 1) she let her feelings of friendship & loyality cloud her judgment 2) She should have brought in Toral who may be a Wharton graduate but is a loud, cocky, insulting co-worker that I would have wanted to Bslap then give a pink slip to 3) She was not open to hearing what her team had to say to her during the project.

Her loyalty to Toral is somewhat admirable but what wasn't discussed was that although Jen W did a horrible job, isn't it the PM's responsibility to oversee every aspect of a project? And really what did Toral bring to the table, looking like a total bafoon not knowing how to work what she was demonstrating. Then Rebecca let one of her teammates act like some G rated stripper & God forbid one of those old men had a heart attack! When the comment from the one attendee touched on the lack of skill demonstrating the products, as PM I would have had to denote that in the board room when discussing failures. If I were Rebecca I would have said "Toral, thank you for going to the doctor with me & on a personal note I appreciate it BUT THIS IS BUSINESS & I cannot defend your poor performance or the lack of common sense you exhibited by not asking one of us to assist you." It looked ludacrious that Rebecca brought in the other Jen to the board room when she was being told by EVERYONE in the board room that Toral was a problem & how Toral behaved in the board room confirmed it.

Then again If Jen is an event planner and that's all she should come up with I would have fired her too, Carol's face tonight was classic!

Guest ranster627

The Apprentice

This week's task plays into the notion that old people can't get their VCRs to stop blinking 12:00, and also into the one that says we viewers at home really, really like Best Buy and should consider purchasing products there. But before we can ogle the shiny new gadgets and ponder their respective MSRPs, we've got to decide who's gonna be project manager. Let's see, who's been through the most hardship recently, and would therefore be nearly bulletproof in the boardroom

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else up set that Toral was fired this week? The Donald really blew it, she was the only person to say the team wasn't marketing the mascot properly. She pointed out that Zip was a bad name, she pointed out that the stupid thing was too cartoony. I could see him firing her in the future but this shouldn't have been her time to go. Plus, the sorority witches totally railroaded her as far as the costume went. Anyone who knows Middle Eastern culture knows that if she felt it would threaten her dignity to get in that costume then it sure as heck would've P.O.ed her family(something you cannot do in Middle Eastern Culture.) I smell lawsuit.

toral didnt contribute, she came up with too many excuses and she didnt step up as pm she deserved it.

tonights episode just goes to show you how donald trump is. you have 2 girls. 1 isnt liked by a couple of the team members, notice trump didnt ask alla or felicia. 1 girl is a beauty queen who wasnt there to put final touches on the float and took half the team to buy a red carpet? then she has a horrible presentation zenthora. okay she sucked. then at the boardroom carolyn and bill both said they think jen should go and donald of course fires kristi because jen is a beauty queen. first of all if jen is gonna be the apprentice she is going to have to work with people she doesnt like so if she cant deal with that then she should be fired. just because kristi expresses her opinion and shoots out ideas doesnt mean she is bossy. it just means that she wants to get to work on something and not sit around and take their time. jen will go far cause she, in trumps words the best looking contestant in all four seasons.

Trump is a sexist. Always has been. When the choice is between a man and a woman, he will choose the man. When the choice is between a statuesque beauty queen and a cute short non-beauty queen, he chooses the beauty queen.

Good Example Last Season: The team consisted of 3 people, Alex & Chris (males) and Angie. This was the week they had to design & create clothing. Chris lost the credit card and spent the entire day waiting at the store to get it back. Alex did nothing. Angie designed the pieces, selected the fabric, oversaw the seamstresses, dresssed & prepared the models and still had to find time to write & prepare for the presentation WHICH SHE WAS ALSO DOING. Chris got back when nothing was left to do. OK, the presentation did not go as well as expected, she was not as good a speaker as she should have been BUT she was the one who got fired. Why fire the 1 person who at least tried and without whom there would have been nothing to present?

The same happened last night. Kristie was a strong worker. A better worker than Jen. The main reason they lost, in my opinion, was because the name was not as prominent as it should have been. As PM, Jennifer could have said "put the name here, here, here and here". That's all it would have taken. She did not get the entire idea that the name was the most important factor in the presentation. The guys got it. Kristie got a raw deal.

Yes, in this instance she probably did get a raw deal. Bill and Carolyn both pointed out sound reasons why the beauty contestant should be the one to go. The Donald decided though to give her one more chance, we all knew his reasoning, even though he didn't verbalize it. At least he was consistent in the way he got rid of the mouthy one though, using the justification that she was disruptive to the team. That was just Karma coming back to bite her in the ass . She used the very same reasoning and ran her mouth (which is part of what they used against her tonight) to get rid of Toral and the woman who went earlier in the seaon, the Latino woman. She wouldn't shut up about how disruptive they were......hmmmm, maybe it was her all the time. It was a win win for Donald, both of them deserved to go. The guys rocked with this task!!

Yes, in this instance she probably did get a raw deal. Bill and Carolyn both pointed out sound reasons why the beauty contestant should be the one to go. The Donald decided though to give her one more chance, we all knew his reasoning, even though he didn't verbalize it. At least he was consistent in the way he got rid of the mouthy one though, using the justification that she was disruptive to the team. That was just Karma coming back to bite her in the ass . She used the very same reasoning and ran her mouth (which is part of what they used against her tonight) to get rid of Toral and the woman who went earlier in the seaon, the Latino woman. She wouldn't shut up about how disruptive they were......hmmmm, maybe it was her all the time. It was a win win for Donald, both of them deserved to go. The guys rocked with this task!!

I couldn't agree more. BTW- does anyone have an idea what's happening next week that's got The Donald all up in arms? I just hope Rebecca and Randall make it through okay. I want them both to win.

Is anyone else up set that Toral was fired this week? The Donald really blew it, she was the only person to say the team wasn't marketing the mascot properly. She pointed out that Zip was a bad name, she pointed out that the stupid thing was too cartoony. I could see him firing her in the future but this shouldn't have been her time to go. Plus, the sorority witches totally railroaded her as far as the costume went. Anyone who knows Middle Eastern culture knows that if she felt it would threaten her dignity to get in that costume then it sure as heck would've P.O.ed her family(something you cannot do in Middle Eastern Culture.) I smell lawsuit.

I thought it was really catty how all the women went up in her face and tried to bully her into wearing that costume. The main ones complaining that she wasn't doing anything weren't really contributing themselves. I'm glad she refused to wear it. Toral is the Stacey J (i think that was her name) of this season. All of the women feel the need to gang up on another woman every single season. And once that woman is gone the team ends up self destructing because they start turing on each other. But in each case, the Stacey J case and the Toral incident, I was glad to see both of them go because it's always interesting to see who the next "bad guy" on the team will be.

The last episode:

I'm so glad that Kristi is finally gone. I think she was the ring leader in turning the girls against Toral. And remember when the team won under Marshawn's leadership (the last time that the women's team won, I believe the only time the women's team won) Kristi did not want to exempt her.

But it would have been great if Donald would have fired BOTH that night. I don't care for either one of them and neither has a chance of winning.

I just thought I'd throw out who I think will win this season...

I predict Randal will win The Apprentice 4.

Anyone else have a prediction?

I also predict Randal. He seems thoughtful, and even keeled. He tends to stay out of the drama. Now I'm just waiting to see how he does as PM.

B)

Add me to the list of Randal fans. He's well spoken, stays on task, and has a goo, analytical mind. And he gets along well with everybody.

For my dark horse, how sbout Marshawn. She's like a female clone of Marcus.

And gutsy little Rebecca also is doing very well. With all three of those on the same team now, they shouldn't lose another task all year, now that Marcus is gone.

Courtesy of: Mortys TV Headlines and Zap2it.com

(Thursday, November 03 07:00 PM)

'Apprentice' Sings the Sexecutioner's Song

By Liz Scott

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com ) Sex in the office, anti-Semitism, homosexuality, high fashion, adult education and a Donald Trump locker room chat: this week's "Apprentice" has a little something for everyone.

When we last left teams Excel and Capital Edge, Excel had been decimated by the mass layoffs unleashed upon them. They lost four team members and so this week, the Donald allows them to even things out by choosing a Capital Edger to join their ranks. They happily choose human yo-yo Randal, who has bounced back and forth between the two teams since the "interview" began.

Now that they're divvied up, the teams learn their challenge: they must create and teach a class at the Learning Annex on the topic of their choice and the winning team will be the one who ranks highest among their students. Young Adam is heading up Capital Edge as project manager, while the newly installed Randal does the same for Excel.

Capital Edge knuckles down to brainstorm ideas as to what their contribution to adult continuing education will be. Well, everyone but Markus, who apparently not only suffers from Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, but also is about as articulate as Jodie Foster in "Nell." He blathers on something unintelligible about nothing in particular, prompting Adam to call him into the hall for a gentle reprimand.

They return to the room and, from pious Adam's point of view, all heck has broken loose. Former stripper Alla has evidently decided to go with the "teach what you know" axiom: "What about sex in the office?" she says. "Sex in your cubicle," Clay offers. "Nice!" says Alla, much to Adam's chagrin. He's clearly completely uncomfortable with the concept. "I don't think Adam wanted to use the word 'sex,' frankly, because I don't think he's ever had sex," Alla explains.

Team Excel is taking a somewhat less flashy approach and after contemplating various really boring ideas, they decide upon the moderately boring "Stand Out! How to Make your Mark" seminar. Rebecca thinks the concept lacks snazz and that they're doomed.

It's time for the teams to present their seminars to the unsuspecting masses of adult learners. Excel's talk is broken down into three sections: a questionnaire, a lecture and interactive group exercises. Randal proves a dynamic speaker. The topic is boring but safe and Randal is A-OK with that.

Over at the sexinar, Adam is trying to keep his virginal embarrassment at bay by announcing that he's but a humble, shy Jewish boy, but, "This is going to be an interactive experience." "Not that interactive," cautions Alla. Their class seems to consist of Clay spinning yarns about either getting his ass slapped in the workplace or fantasizing about slapping the asses of others. Adam tries to chime in with an anecdote of his own, about taking a date to dinner. "I have to feel really comfortable with the person and I also have to be able to spend the money," he says. "He's the shy, tight Jewish boy," Clay chimes in. Oy gevalt! Did he just say that?

Guess so. "Basically, Clay called me a tight-assed Jew," Adam explains.

Onto the boardroom. Seems the pupils at "Sex in the Office" were bored by the allegedly racy subject matter, despite Clay's repeated and gratuitous mentions of the word "ass." Folks were happier at Excel's seminar and they win the challenge and the right to be styled and snag a free outfit over at the Michael Kors store by Mike himself. Guess he's been twiddling his thumbs between "Project Runway" seasons.

As Excel blithely skip down the sidewalk with their free schwag, Capital Edge must enter into what may well be the most embarrassing boardroom meeting in the history of mankind. Adam decides to take Clay and rubber-faced Markus in with him to face the axe. Clay's ass-slapping comments come out, and The Donald learns that he's gay. After his initial shock, he's cool with it. "That's why they have menus in restaurants," says the enlightened Donald. "I like steak, somebody else likes spaghetti." Gay men of America: Donald Trump just called you spaghetti.

Then Donald ups the ante and turns his attention to poor little Adam. "Have you ever had sex before?" he asks the shy 22 year-old. Um, isn't that grounds for some sort of lawsuit? Adam refuses to answer and Donald makes a bad situation worse by then launching into a faux fatherly sex chat with Adam. "Sex? Sex is like, not a big deal," Trump explains, going on to wish Adam well when he does enter the realm of carnal desires. Someone, please make this stop.

It does stop, long enough for us to rehash the "tight-assed Jew" comment. We establish the fact that Adam does not perceive Clay to be an anti-Semite and then turn the spotlight on Nell, who blathers on in nonsensical management speak before Trump waves him off. He's totally fired and totally fired up. Trump wishes him well. "Thank you, if you mean it," pouts Markus, "But I don't think you do ... It's been a railroad since the beginning."

All aboard the one-way train to nowhere, Markus.

Well you know I agree crappy. My husband spouted off confidently after this weeks show... "Ya know what?...I think Randall is going to win this year!"

I just turned my head and rolled my eyes... LOL (I've been saying that for over a month now... :P )