Vonzell Solomon

VONZELL'S SECRET

By MICHAEL STARR

VONZELL Solomon's teary outburst on Tuesday's "American Idol" was simply a case of being "caught up in the moment," according to fellow contestant Anthony Fedorov.

"Everything was fine [with Vonzell]," Fedorov told The Post yesterday, the day after getting voted off the Fox reality show. "I just think she got caught up in . . . the intensity and magnitude of the whole thing. "Some things got to her a little bit. She got caught up in the moment."

Solomon, the 21-year-old letter carrier from Florida, broke into tears after performing on Tuesday's live show

Dang... this po's me even more!!! Just another manipulation by the producers (through Paula) to give Vonzell sympathy... making sure her fans voted for her... :evil:

I think you're right Suds but, we've had upsets before... although not this late in the game... I just hope all the carrie/bo fans don't assume they're a shoe in and Vonzell slips through.

I even like Vonzell... but, just not as good as the other two, imo.

Guest ranster627

Okay, enough already ladies :wink: Have a little mercy for those of us who really like Vonzell ... we know the deck is stacked ... but allow us for one night of hope???

Pretty please???

I have liked Vonzell since the beginning but, I think it's her time to go too.

She really has a good voice and I love to watch her perform but, this season there are just too many great people and I just prefer Bo and Carrie but, when Vonzell is on the radio... I'll be there singing along!!!

Oh i forgot to add that I think Simon did a great job of picking a song for Vonzell. I thought it showed off her vocals and stage performance.

Guest ranster627

So I can't even have Vonzell? Is that the news you are breaking to me?

I guess I see it differently, but I will bow to the will of the voters ... my tastes match up with Vonzell, that's all! :wink:

You can have Vonzell ranster!!! I'm just saying that of the three that are left... all three deserve to be there and it's a tough competition this year. I think I remember Ryan saying there was only 1% difference in vote tally's.

I may want Bo to win but, I dont' mean that to take away from Vonzell. She has something very special and I look forward to singing on the radio (tee hee) with her!!!

Guest ranster627

You may have hit on it right there ... "On The Radio" is one of my all time favourite songs, and she did it proud for me ... I was dancing all over the room!

Guest ranster627

Bye Vonzell, I feel I was the only fan you had left at the end ... thanks for singing one of my favourite songs last night ... "On The Radio"!

Vonzell Solomon Exits 'American Idol'

idol_vonzellsolomon3.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) - And then there were two. Vonzell Solomon, a 20-year-old singer from Fort Myers, Fla., who became known affectionately as "Baby V," was knocked off Fox's "American Idol" Wednesday night.

Solomon's exit paved the way for a showdown between the two contestants many have long expected to be in the finals: Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood.

A postal letter carrier, Solomon endeared herself to fans with her emotional openness. Always an underdog, she had tried out once before for "Idol" but was rejected. This time, she made it all the way to the top three, which is sure to yield her a recording contract. "My 'American Idol' journey has been crazy

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name