Show discussion

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

I liked it ... I was impressed with the subtle changes from the original and I like the touch of her letter at the end ... also "You don't fit in" was a great line ... not quite sure about Alexis though but I will give it a try ...

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The Apprentice: Martha Stewart

You can't watch the premiere of The Apprentice: Martha Stewart without weighing it against the original Trump version, but comparing the two is like comparing Red Delicious apples to Goldens: They're the same thing except for the wrapping. So I'm moving on to the 16 candidates

I liked it ... I was impressed with the subtle changes from the original and I like the touch of her letter at the end ... also "You don't fit in" was a great line ...

The letter is a little hokey, but them Ms Perfect would rather be caught dead than to be considered ungracious as a hostess. You don't fit in, wonder if she picked that one up from her cellmates in the big house? Nah, they probably weren't that snobby.

Guest ranster627

Martha's Apprentice is virtually identical in structure to the original, yet what makes her show fundamentally different is her candidates' motivation. It's as plain as each show's theme song: "For the Love of Money" versus "Sweet Dreams." Martha's folks are in it for the love of the game. Jim helped me to see this clearly, because he's on the wrong show. In Jim, Martha has an outwardly ambitious candidate. On the challenges and in the conference room, Jim works himself into a lathered frenzy that, in my opinion, has him teetering on the edge of some sort of attack. Despite his fervid displays to the contrary, I don't believe Jim truly wants to win the position. Does he even realize what Martha is offering? Although he's on the creative team, I've yet to see Jim do anything of the kind. I smell a rat. Could Martha have a Jonny Fairplay on her hands? A candidate on the show not to collect the final prize, but to make a name for himself while the lights are shining bright? Perhaps Jim is hoping to parlay a few weeks in the conference room into pizza commercials, like Sam from Trump's show, or an invitation to a celebrity poker table. Whatever his motivation, it's not a seat at Martha's left hand (Alexis is on the right). This sucks for Team Matchstick, which is already in a creative slump. At least they want what's waiting at the end of Martha's rainbow. Chuck even split himself into two personalities trying to lead Matchstick to victory over the more cohesive Team Primarius. He did it because he wanted the job (even if he wasn't right for it). Dawn's been fighting back against Jim's harsh and largely unwarranted attacks for the same reason. Let's pray that she can take Jim down. Dawn is scrappy and, like Martha, she doesn't quit. Dawn can make "the best of a very, very difficult situation." Hopefully it won't involve any jail time.

Jim doesn't seem to be on the show to work with Martha or her company. He's there to "win" a game. I was sooo frustrated that someone just didn't lay it on the line for Martha. Does she want someone that will do anything to win a game or does she want someone that wants to work with her? Jim is obviously in this for what he'll get after he leaves not for the job. imo

Jim needs to go before he manages to get rid of the people that have potential for her company... he wants to wean out the strong and keep the weak. Sooo wrong, if what they want is a quality employee. Unless of course all they care about is ratings. Which I don't think is the case.

Chuck may have not been the person to lead a group but, we'll never know if he could have pulled it together or not. As long as Jim is on the show... Martha isn't going to get to see what diamond in the rough or maybe just needs a shine is among the applicants.

Guest ranster627

I can't help but root for the underdog, and so far on this show that dog has been Dawn. I'm not saying that she's the best candidate, or even the nicest person, but I do think that she's been treated unfairly by everyone on Team Matchstick, even the heretofore silent David. Dawn needs a friend. Let me be that for now. Odds are there's a reason that her whole team dislikes her, but no matter what she does, she can't win. This week she made every effort not to get on anyone's nerves or in their way, and what does project-manager David do? He drags her into the conference room because he doesn't think she'll ever be able to lead the team. That's just wrong. Well, David, ineffectual is as ineffectual does. You were a bad PM, delegating all decisions to anybody but yourself on the wedding-cake task, and you lost big time. Bringing Marcela, who pulled an all-nighter baking the cake, and Dawn, who did nothing to impede this task, into the conference room made David look like a jerk. I'm glad Martha overruled his choices and pulled everyone back in, because you just can't blame Dawn for everything.

But you can blame Shawn (of the pink-and-green outfits and Suze Orman hairdo) for her colossal failure in this task. She herself would say, "It is what it is." And it was

Whats going on with the discussion of these shows (the Apprentices)?

Is it that no one is really watching? No one really cares? Or is it like it is with me, the way the forum is set up I really don't know where to put comments.

Show discussion seems to be a bomb except for Water Cooler updates, having each contestant broken down to his/her own thread is nice for initial info purposes,but does that also mean that if we have anything to say it should go in the individual thread? I don't know, maybe its me, but it seems like the topics are now set up so that we are being asked to color inside specific lines and no one is coloring. The survivor thread is set up much the same isnt it?

• 4 weeks later...

i believe that nobody talks here is because this show sucks. i watched it and i was like okay its not bad and kept watching it. then shawn got eliminated and i was shocked, i think thought that was the dumbest firing ever. until tonight i watched and martha fires not 1 but 2 blondes. is she crazy.

okay here is my venting. howie did well on the first task and has sucked on the rest. why another chance? bethany and jim are like the biggest challenge losers next to steph and bj from survivor. bethany doestn deserve another chance and sux at everything. the only reason she is still there is because of that george wanna be sittin next to martha.(because they have a relationship)meaning he is probably f'n her. and jim, i think martha thinks he is good tv. but in reality her show probably loses viewers cause of him still being there.

okay i am done venting.

I'm not a fan of Jim's at all and I don't think he should still be in the run for the job BUT... he didn't deserve to go last night! Imo, he was one of two people that had their heads on straight. I don't know how many times Jim stood up to those two morons (yes, the blonde pm and her accountant... lol) and said something to the effect "you all realize we're not promoting the PRODUCT with this/these ideas?" and the the pm lady (sorry can't remember her name) said "YES!" she was even getting frustrated with him for bringing it up.

Also, Howie should have been the first to be sent back up stairs. He was indeed the ONLY person to come up with an idea that could have and SHOULD have been used.

Bethany, I agree she's just as useless as far as winning a project as Jim (the majority of the time) She's just slightly less annoying and obnoxious as Jim. Granted she is a hard worker and she does like to roll her eyes and "know" that an idea is stupid but, she never steps up with anything substantial herself.

IMO, Martha made the perfect decision last night and as much as Jim annoys the heck out of me... he deserved to stay.