The Shark Hunter

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Wow -- I wonder why they wouldn't show that? Perhaps after showing the pig thing -- they thought it wouldn't go over well.

It was still very cool to see Tom do it. He's a real catch himself!

Guest Anonymous

Yes -- it was a little harsh -- but its reality I guess.

At least it was "free range" pork huh?

Guest Anonymous

Ok -- you're right -- I do remember that. But I also remember him playing with a snake. (Naked wasn't he?) ewww.

Guest Anonymous

I actually panicked when I saw the blood on his shoulder -- then I realized it was probably the sharks lol

Guest Anonymous

Well I'm kinda glad they didn't - I think it caught everyone off guard. Including the cameraman.

Odd to think of don't you think? There are actually all these cameramen around there -- it looks so much like they are all there alone.

Guest XandraSkye

Is there anything that man can't do? He's like a super hero or something. His wife must be bursting with pride right now. Is he married? I don't even know.

Even though I was happy they got some food I did say "poor little sharky". I'm one of those annoying people who eats meat but hates to see the process of getting that meat. If I loved veggies I would be a vegetarian but I just can't give up meat. It's something my conscious wrestles with everyday because I'm such an animal lover.

Guest Anonymous

I know I'm gonna raise some hackles here.... I'm an an omnivore like the rest of the human species. We are protein based and we need that protein to maintain health. I don't eat meat with every meal, but it is a reality that I do eat it -- and it is the natural order of things. I am also an animal lover and have real disgust with the way most of our meat is raised and killed. Many cultures in the world give homage to the animals they kill - thanking them for giving nourishment.

I don't mind people who prefer a vegetarian lifestyle. I admire their ability to keep their protein levels up, but I'm not one of them.

I wonder why it is that we haven't had any objections about them catching and cooking the fish and clams..... but the shark thing makes us feel uncomfortable ?

I guess ... like Xandra said.... we just don't like to see the process of it happening.

Guest Anonymous

Farm girl here -- doesn't bother me -- if its done humanely. In other words as fast as possible.

Guest Anonymous

I've gone fishing and caught my share -- but no, I couldn't pull a trigger of a gun pointed at any living thing. I live in the north though where many of the native peoples still hunt for sustanance. Hunting is still a community thing -- meaning they hunt for the community not just themselves. They have terrific respect for the land -- for the creatures that walk it.

Guest GaYToR

I'm definitely a carnivore, but first time I went duck hunting was also my last. Fishing is fun but I like catch and release.

I prefer my meat freshly packaged and sitting in the meat section of the grocery store, with other packages of it's own kind, so I can decide what looks best to me.