Derrick's HOH competition win

linda60639

Am I crazy, or what?  I just replayed the entire HOH comp for the 3rd time and I can't believe what I heard.  During the BEFORE OR AFTER comp while on Question 2,  Derrick was deliberating, not sure which one to stand on.  Julie then told Derrick that she needed an answer. Derrick then decided to stand on BEFORE.  IMMEDIATELY THERE WAS AN AUDIBLE GASP FROM THE AUDIENCE. Derrick must have heard it because he quickly jumped back to AFTER.  The correct answer was AFTER and they each got a point.

There was a live audience there that cheered for Frankie when he left, which the HG's clearly heard. Were they also able to watch the HOH comp on monitors? Was their excitement in watching the comp made some members unable to suppress their emotions when they thought that Derrick may lose the competition?

I need someone, anyone, to confirm that they also heard the gasp that was loud enough for viewers to hear and therefore, possibly, loud enough for the HG's to hear.

I am not sure that Derrick won that comp fairly, but at the end of the day. even if the HG's did hear it, who would protest?

I saw the same thing as you and took away from it what you did. But I don't know if the other HG knew what was happening. I mean they couldn't see Derrick could they to see him switching? So they might not know. IF they did they are crazy not to protest. I know I would have.

I think Derrick is playing a great game but I don't feel right about what happened. But I guess nobody will protest since I think most people want him to win.

Had that been Victoria that it happened to I think there would be a HUGE protest right now!

They could be gasping if that is what you heard because someone else got it wrong or right or because they thought Cody got it wrong or gasping because Victoria moved or..... 

People really dig deep for the conspiracies

Hi Marty! :animated_wave:

Not digging deep, just my thoughts on the matter. The other 2 had already moved to their spots before any gasping and the timing just seems to perfect to be a coincidence. But either way it doesn't matter! Another crappy season of BB is almost in the books lol

Guest 6Borders

I saw/heard that too and thought it was strange, only because Julie had to get after him for an answer and gave him so much time,  but as far as audience help he would have no idea why they were gasping.  If he'd gotten it wrong everyone would have been blaming the audience for his loss!

Derrick has a photographic memory and I am sure he was just running thru the replays in his head to make sure he had it right.

They should probably have a time clock for answering and if you get caught being indecisive and not on the before or the after you are eliminated (no matter if you are my fav player or not)

I think Derrick was oblivious to whatever noises from the outside. He was being thorough and thoughtful. It paid off for him. He audience sound in no way impacts his winning the HOH. It's not like someone from outside yelled, "No Derrick, go forward, go backward..."

Guest 6Borders

I think Derrick was oblivious to whatever noises from the outside. He was being thorough and thoughtful. It paid off for him. He audience sound in no way impacts his winning the HOH. It's not like someone from outside yelled, "No Derrick, go forward, go backward..."

Right!  Besides what does the audience know...they were a bunch of CBS employees and Frankie Fans.  If there was any conspiracy involved from the audience I would think they would try to give Derrick the wrong answer.

Hi Marty! :animated_wave:

Not digging deep, just my thoughts on the matter. The other 2 had already moved to their spots before any gasping and the timing just seems to perfect to be a coincidence. But either way it doesn't matter! Another crappy season of BB is almost in the books lol

Hey we don't see enough of you Blackcat. Nice to see you posting! Back atcha :animated_wave:

Thanks Marty. Yeah I have been lurking way more than posting. I'll try to get back to posting more next season, lets hope it is more exciting!

Lol well either way at least this was something else to talk about :cookie:

I saw/heard that too and thought it was strange, only because Julie had to get after him for an answer and gave him so much time,  but as far as audience help he would have no idea why they were gasping.  If he'd gotten it wrong everyone would have been blaming the audience for his loss!

Derrick has a photographic memory and I am sure he was just running thru the replays in his head to make sure he had it right.

They should probably have a time clock for answering and if you get caught being indecisive and not on the before or the after you are eliminated (no matter if you are my fav player or not)

Derrick was unsure of his answer. If he heard the audience gasp, after he had made a choice, he could have assumed he made the wrong choice. I think that the average person would have assumed the same, if they were unsure.

No one would have blamed the audience if he got it wrong, because he was not supposed to be listening to it in the first place.

Come on now, most of us played the comp with them,  just as the audience did.  Some of us knew the correct answer. The gasp that escaped was probably involuntary.   Just like the gasps that I made at home when any of the HG's got an answer wrong.  

And as for that so called photographic memory, I have seen no evidence of it, yet.  

I don't think that they would need to pipe in noise if the audience is sitting close enough where the HG's can hear clapping and talking if its loud enough.

And I am just wondering if is it possible that the HG's could hear audience noise from Julie's mic?  

Guest 6Borders

Whatever any of us think or don't think, the bottom line (and to borrow Caleb's, because he's never going to be "BeastMode", it's already copyrighted) phrase "at the end of the day" Grodner controls BB and has full license and support from CBS to do whatever she wants to do and these are her puppets!  She is NOT nor are the HG's under "game show (aka somewhat fair) contract".  Grodner is the only "puppet master" in the BB game...get used to it!

I remember hearing the gasp too, but didn't put 2 and 2 together and think he changed his answer because he heard it. It's possible though.

Derrick mentioned - I think the last time he won HOH - that he thought he heard the audience cheer when he won and I remember that they did cheer. So my guess is that they do sometimes hear the audience noise during HOH comps performed during the live show.

In any case, whether he changed his mind or not, because of what he heard  ... Cody and Derrick tied ... and Derrick had the closest number in the tie breaker question.

He won.  I guess we could say.... CASE CLOSED

They could be gasping if that is what you heard because someone else got it wrong or right or because they thought Cody got it wrong or gasping because Victoria moved or..... 

People really dig deep for the conspiracies

They do.  It is non-stop and gets pretty tiresome. 

I don't think they can hear the audience in the backyard and even if they can, they could be gasping at anything.

In any case, whether he changed his mind or not, because of what he heard  ... Cody and Derrick tied ... and Derrick had the closest number in the tie breaker question.

He won.  I guess we could say.... CASE CLOSED

I don't know, if he stayed where he was before the gasp, he would not have gotten that point and Cody would have won outright.  A tie breaker would not have been needed.

Guest 6Borders

It would be very easy for BB to cut off audio sounds to the HG's other than Julie's mic (and maybe they do).

It would also be very easy to have every one of these type of comps timed...Julie would simply say "you have 10 seconds to answer each question.  Your time starts after I read the question.  If you are not on your answer marker (or your answer wheel is not turned...) you will be eliminated.  Does everyone understand?  Excellent"  She reads the questions, the clock starts ticking...problem solved!

It would be very easy for BB to cut off audio sounds to the HG's other than Julie's mic (and maybe they do).

It would also be very easy to have every one of these type of comps timed...Julie would simply say "you have 10 seconds to answer each question.  Your time starts after I read the question.  If you are not on your answer marker (or your answer wheel is not turned...) you will be eliminated.  Does everyone understand?  Excellent"  She reads the questions, the clock starts ticking...problem solved!

Agreed, but how would that help the HGs they want to win?