Donny Thompson (Week 9) - nominated + Team America (Juror #4) - EVICTED Aug. 28

Tritledee

Sleeping patterns and endearing qualities aside...  the HGs that weren't included in the BIG ALLIANCE were picked off one by one

no matter what kind of a game they played.

Each week was plotted and played to that end because they had the 'numbers' to do so.

Donny was fortunate enough to be able to win comps to remain in the game as long as he did despite his personality.

Do I think he could have won the big prize... NO.  But, the guy played as well as he could.  Props to him

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and he did not sleep all the time that was Zach he just slept like a normal person.  Which by the way is what normal people do.  In Big Brother you can stay up all night and still get screwed over.  None of these people were going to have Donny's back no matter what.  He was an inconvience to Frankie and Derrick but they kept him around so they could earn money. Yeah for them.

I think Donny was pretty much afraid to talk to the others a great deal from nearly the get-go...about game that is.  Early on, he said something innocent (to him) in passing and got put on the block for it.  I don't remember exactly what it was but he was sitting on the couch with a female and that female ran straight to Nicole (I believe) and she put him up as a replacement.  

He was out of his element with these people and he didn't know how to interact with most.  Those most just happened to be the ones in power week after week. 

This entire season has been The Brigade, Part II, and kudos to them for pulling it off.  It worked so well the first time, I've often wondered why no one ever tried it again.  That said, if BB were to turn into serial brigade seasons, it would be cancelled quickly.  Far too boring and predictable.

My votes will go to Donny simply because he was my favorite.  He was my favorite mostly because of how humble and sweet he is, the polar opposite of guys like Caleb.  He played as good of a game as he could, imo.  I liked Zach too (he was entertaining) but he was there strictly for air time.  I don't think he knew the first thing about gameplay.  He came out of the gate telling anybody and everybody every secret he was made privy to.  That wasn't smart.  He was targeted for good reason.

OOOHHH that was when Nicole was talking to Donny about who she was going to put up, and told Donny it had to stay between them two.

And then Donny went and started telling the girls, and Amber came up to Nicole and told her about Donny telling people. So then Nicole went and put up Donny because she felt she couldn't trust him.

Sleeping patterns and endearing qualities aside...  the HGs that weren't included in the BIG ALLIANCE were picked off one by one

Each week was plotted and played to that end because they had the 'numbers' to do so.

Donny was fortunate enough to be able to win comps to remain in the game as long as he did despite his personality.

Do I think he could have won the big prize... NO.  But, the guy played as well as he could.  Props to him

At one point the "big alliance" was almost split up. Cody and Derrick had teamed up with Nicole and Hayden. Donny was part of the alliance of Nicole and Hayden but didn't want to work with Derrick. Hayden tried really hard to get Donny to trust Derrick. They also had Zach that was part of that side alliance. This is what I saw and it was confirmed by Nicole that Donny just didn't want to work with Derrick.

If Donny had wanted to get in an alliance it would have been

Donny

Hayden

Nicole

Derrick

Cody

Zach

Victoria

and maybe Christine

They were aiming for Frankie but the fact that Donny would not be part of the alliance but wanted to stay on the side made Derrick and Cody back out at that last minute.

They didn't know what Donny would do and they were afraid they would be the bottom of the Donny, Hayden Nicole alliance. Some smooth talking by Donny could have changed that.

Yes, CourtneyIrene, that was it but I don't think Donny realized it was supposed to have been a secret between them.  She did tell him not to say anything though and he did.  A mistake on his part and that's what made him keep his mouth shut from there on out, imo.

But anyone who is a fan of this game should know that the majority of scheming and strategy happens during the night. Going to bed before midnight you are going to miss probably 75% of all game talk. The only way to have a chance at forming alliances and prevent people from putting your name out there as a possible target is to actually be present. Andy Herron was an expert at being present in as many group conversations as possible, making it extremely difficult to strategize against him. I think it's one of the most important aspects of going far in this game.

I'll repeat...

" the HGs that weren't included in the BIG ALLIANCE were picked off one by one

no matter what kind of a game they played. "

Exactly it did not matter what time he stayed up till or what time he went to bed. 

Guest 6Borders

I'll repeat...

" the HGs that weren't included in the BIG ALLIANCE were picked off one by one

no matter what kind of a game they played. "

Very true!  Kind of like Caleb trying to get a date with Amber...some things just are NOT going to happen so why lose sleep over them.

At one point the "big alliance" was almost split up. Cody and Derrick had teamed up with Nicole and Hayden. Donny was part of the alliance of Nicole and Hayden but didn't want to work with Derrick. Hayden tried really hard to get Donny to trust Derrick. They also had Zach that was part of that side alliance. This is what I saw and it was confirmed by Nicole that Donny just didn't want to work with Derrick.

Donny

Hayden

Nicole

Derrick

Cody

Zach

Victoria

and maybe Christine

They were aiming for Frankie but the fact that Donny would not be part of the alliance but wanted to stay on the side made Derrick and Cody back out at that last minute.

They didn't know what Donny would do and they were afraid they would be the bottom of the Donny, Hayden Nicole alliance. Some smooth talking by Donny could have changed that.

Please do not take this the wrong way but this alliance was not a true alliance.  Donny never said he didn't want to work with Derrick he didn't trust Derrick because he knew that Derrick was the head of the alliance.  Caleb may think he is but he never was.  Cody and Derrick went up there to keep her from putting them on the block.  They wanted Frankie  out and planned on working with her to do that but that is as far as that alliance went,  It was not going to take the place of the bomb squad detonators.  Donny never said he did not want to be a part of that alliance.  He wanted to work with Hayden and Nicole that is all he knew about unless I missed a big chunk of the live feeds.

Big alliances are started all the time at the start of the season and are successfully broken up by outsiders. All the time.  This group of HG's, Donny included, completely sucked in this regard.

Not once did I see anyone come forward with a strong case about creating and/or joining another side in the house, so naturally the big alliance stuck together.  There were no other reasonable option presented to them.

Donny's game was brutal and that is on him.

Very true!  Kind of like Caleb trying to get a date with Amber...some things just are NOT going to happen so why lose sleep over them.

Because it's called trying, which Donny didn't.

Guest 6Borders

I don't agree that Donny did not try to work with others. They would not listen to him or ignored him altogether. We will all just have to agree to disagree.

I agree with you.  He tried to talk to people, tried to be part of the group and tried to talk game.  The Brat Attack targeted him right away because he was not 20-something or even 30-something and he was different. 

Donny

Hayden

Nicole

Derrick

Cody

Zach

Victoria

and maybe Christine

Well Marty, I believe we watched the same BB this year. When you are on the outside or in the opposing alliance (not that there was one this year), even if you don't like the people on the other side or you don't trust them, you have to do your damndest to get them to trust you, even if it is only for one week. 

The BS was exposed early on. Instead of the outsiders forming an opposing alliance, they all continued to play on their own or in two person teams. As long as they were not on the block, they just kept their head down and tried to avoid any attention. They even voted with the alliance.When Devin was in trouble, did anybody try to save him? If they had, Devin could have eventually brought Caleb over. As gerberadaisy said, no one came forward with a better alternative to get anybody to dump the alliance. Frankly, I don't see any reason to give any of the outsiders anything, except for maybe nicole. 

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this years big brother.  I do not think that anyone or anything was going to break up the huge alliance that was started on day 2 and certainly not Donny who was by himself.  We can sit here and make observations because wer are not in the house.  I did watch Donny talk to many people on the live feeds and he did try.  Maybe in your book he did not try and that's fine.  Donny never stood a chance once Devin's paranoia started about him not being who he said he was. It still continues to this day they are waiting to see who Donny really was. The few people that were not included in the alliance have been picked off one by one with the exception of Victoria because Derrick is saving her for his final 2.  Plus she is totally clueless and has no idea what is going on and probably won't get it even after she watches the show.  With the exception of Devin, Amber, and Zach the big alliance has stayed true to the group which is probably what it should have been from the begining.

I agree with you.  He tried to talk to people, tried to be part of the group and tried to talk game.  The Brat Attack targeted him right away because he was not 20-something or even 30-something and he was different. 

I agree with both of you. He absolutely talked to people and they talked to him WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM!

I agree he was boring, but I don't find Derrick to be a live wire either nor Cody or Caleb for that matter.  If you don't want boring than you have to accept Frankie for entertainment, because he is the only one on the show with a personality be it phony or not!