Donny Thompson (Week 9) - nominated + Team America (Juror #4) - EVICTED Aug. 28

Tritledee

Well, it's probably all over but the crying as far as Donny leaving the house next week.  He'll have his $15K (maybe more if another $5K is added this week) for the TA missions, his stipend, hopefully the $25K for America's Favorite, AND he can hold his head up high knowing that he played a pretty clean game. I'm sure his family and friends are very proud.

Jury house should be nice for him. He will be among mostly decent people for at least a week or so.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it wasn't even if he could win I am just tired of the same old crap different day so I am done with this season of big brother.  I hope next year they try to find real people and not recruit half the house.  I refuse to watch the likes of Derrick or of Frankie win this game, besides finale night is on my birthday and I am not going to ruin my day watching the end of a predictable summer. LOL hope you all have a great rest of the summer and heres to hoping next year ts better.  The good thing is that Survivor is on before big brother so thats good,

Donny repeats the same story over and over. They pick on me and I can't believe they put me up every week. He had 9 weeks to make an alliance. C'Mon. He and Nichols, Hayden, and Britney could have done something together maybe. Don't.blame others because you didn't play the game.

I know.  He is big part of the bore factor of this season. 

Donny repeats the same story over and over. They pick on me and I can't believe they put me up every week. He had 9 weeks to make an alliance. C'Mon. He and Nichols, Hayden, and Britney could have done something together maybe. Don't.blame others because you didn't play the game.

He gets pitied because he's NICE.

Blame for his status in the house gets deflected by his NICE.

Everyone is where they are at by their own hand and productions whims. 

I place crying because you feel picked on or rejected in the BBH in the same catagory of the pity me I'm broke or I have a kid goons.

Get in and put your game out there or GO HOME.

He gets pitied because he's NICE.

Blame for his status in the house gets deflected by his NICE.

I totally agree.

Everyone is where they are at by their own hand and productions whims.

I place crying because you feel picked on or rejected in the BBH in the same catagory of the pity me I'm broke or I have a kid goons.

Get in and put your game out there or GO HOME.

I totally agree

Guest 6Borders

It's just amazing the level of obsession and paranoia the HG's have about Donny!  I don't think I have seen that about a houseguest in all 15 prior seasons!  I hope he wins the POV just to create even more panic from The Brat Attack, and then one final HOH & one more TA mission before going to enjoy the jury house, and America's Fav 25K

It's just amazing the level of obsession and paranoia the HG's have about Donny!  I don't think I have seen that about a houseguest in all 15 prior seasons!  I hope he wins the POV just to create even more panic from The Brat Attack, and then one final HOH & one more TA mission before going to enjoy the jury house, and America's Fav 25K

I hope so too.  Anything to shake them up would be welcomed.

Great post. Says it for me too! And, I also love the coin:  Brat Attack!!

I completely agree... but there is something more at work here. A distortion field of sorts... The oddly irrational reaction that the 'Brat Attack' has had is also seen in the BB fan base. TempletonPeck's post was spot on; not only does the shun the beard crowd truly fail see Donny's game play as it is, they don't actually want to see it, they fight seeing it.

The Brats are convinced that he's a professor of medicine possibly at Harvard, a ninja, a navy SEAL, a DELTA force operator, an evil mastermind, and a master manipulator. Some parts of the BB fan base are convinced that the only reason Donny is on the show and has remained on the show is his ever so boring role as the token nice guy. These are equally ridiculous positions to take but these positions are real and rational to them, so you'll never be able to convince them that their view of Donny is distorted. Something else is driving them to view Donny as they do.

We've all seen how those that fear him in the house and those that dismiss him in the fan base share this interesting distortion of the actual Donny. He's not Dr Will or Evel Dick, nor is his a comp beast like Janelle or Frank, nor is he a masterful strategist like Danielle Reyes but the filter through which the HG's see him is so corrupted that Donny as big bad wolf is a reality to them.

Those in the BB fan base that see him as this year's ridiculously supported 'nice guy' when in their view he's done very little, truly see him as a boring floater. Both groups have amazingly corrupted views but both are certain that their perspective is rational and a true reflection of reality. Watching these groups flail about with perspectives that run counter to reality is one of the few interesting things left to watch in BB16.

I completely agree... but there is something more at work here. A distortion field of sorts... The oddly irrational reaction that the 'Brat Attack' has had is also seen in the BB fan base. TempletonPeck's post was spot on; not only does the shun the beard crowd truly fail see Donny's game play as it is, they don't actually want to see it, they fight seeing it.

The Brats are convinced that he's a professor of medicine possibly at Harvard, a ninja, a navy SEAL, a DELTA force operator, an evil mastermind, and a master manipulator. Some parts of the BB fan base are convinced that the only reason Donny is on the show and has remained on the show is his ever so boring role as the token nice guy. These are equally ridiculous positions to take but these positions are real and rational to them, so you'll never be able to convince them that their view of Donny is distorted. Something else is driving them to view Donny as they do.

We've all seen how those that fear him in the house and those that dismiss him in the fan base share this interesting distortion of the actual Donny. He's not Dr Will or Evel Dick, nor is his a comp beast like Janelle or Frank, nor is he a masterful strategist like Danielle Reyes but the filter through which the HG's see him is so corrupted that Donny as big bad wolf is a reality to them.

Those in the BB fan base that see him as this year's ridiculously supported 'nice guy' when in their view he's done very little, truly see him as a boring floater. Both groups have amazingly corrupted views but both are certain that their perspective is rational and a true reflection of reality. Watching these groups flail about with perspectives that run counter to reality is one of the few interesting things left to watch in BB16.

Another thing they fail/refuse to see is that he has actually been part of their alliance. He has voted their way, used POV their way and has not rocked their BB world in any way.  Has he played for himself, no because he has played for them?  He had a chance to change up the game with the POV but didn't.  Can't cry about things now. I like Donny, sure he may be the token nice guy but we are use to tokens...we always get a token gay, token black, token bad guy, and token weirdo for our viewing enjoyment.

The only thing that went wrong for CBS last year was probably law suits, but I think they basked in the enjoyment of high ratings supplied by the token blacks, token gay and racists. So, a new approach this year was for them to present a more low-key game with "regular" types (sans Frankie the celebrity). Frankie is probably enough to raise their ratings this year and that is all they care about.

Those in the BB fan base that see him as this year's ridiculously religiously supported 'nice guy' when in their view he's done very little. the most, truly see him as a boring floater brilliant tactician. Both groups have amazingly corrupted distorted views but both are certain that their perspective is rational and a true reflection of reality. Watching these groups flail about with perspectives that run counter to reality is one of the few interesting things left to watch in BB16.

I normally would not do that but this "the fans don't see how great Donny really is" diatribe is really getting old. The fans do not have to like Donny. They do not have to cheer for him. They do not have to hate the other players. And the fans do not have to make up excuses for why he's been on the bottom the whole game. It's BB and they are playing for half a million dollars. I expect people to employ all modes of strategy to make it to the end, including emotional, psychological, group think, shunning and deceitfulness. Donny hasn't been subjected to any treatment that hasn't already been done to other players in other seasons. In fact, considering he has been on the side of the opposition for the whole season, I would say his treatment has been better than the opposition in most seasons.

Does it suck for Donny and his fans that he ended up being left out of the BS. Yes. Was it wrong. NO. Luck of the draw is a fact of life in the BB house and in real life. Somehow you have to find a way to overcome your misfortune. Some times you do and some times you don't. But, fans don't have to feel sorry for you and hate everyone else just because real life or BB life has been unfair. Donny got a raw deal, but he has done a poor job of adapting to the situation and overcoming the odds. The game is not over and the odds are worst now than ever, if he can't overcome, he will go to the jury house just like everyone else that could not overcome. 

I think all the Donny fans would enjoy the season a lot more if they stuck to critiquing the game and not the fans.      

I so hope he tells about Derrick and Frankie's winnings on TA before he walks out the door. He won't have anything to lose and the rest will take another look at both of them lol. Prob won't happen though cause he is such a nice guy. I still like him best.

Some of it might have to do with donny coming to the house looking like someone from duck dynasty and sounding like gomer pyle.  We own a home in the mountains of western north carolina and even the mountain folks don't sound like that, particularly.  Not sure where he is from, specifically.  Some people like duck dynasty, some people hate duck dynasty.  Be that as it may and I leave it to the individual to question why they do or do not like donny.  He seems a really nice man to me and nice people seem in short shrift on reality shows so I find him refreshing; only to a point, to be honest here.  I have yet to read why exactly people here don't like him except for his game play or lack thereof.

I wrote in the beginning that I believed donny to be out of his element.  I don't think he had a snowball's chance with that group from day one.  Fair.  Unfair.  SInce I do find donny to be seemingly nice and considerate of others, I hope that he wins some extra money for his time in the house and for sure, I hope that he wins america's favorite or whatever it is called over frankie grande; anyday, anyway.  I detest that little, robotic pisher.

I would love to see donny and his girlfriend on amazing race.  Sans beard.  Donny, not the girlfriend.  I suspect that donny is maybe more than okay-looking underneath that mess.

Guest 6Borders

I wish he would just call them each out on something.  He's already made little inuendos that he doesn't sleep all the time (suspected that) and that he hears things.  Donny knows exactly what is going on in that house (it's that Navy Seal Special Op's training no doubt)..  If he's still on the block Thursday it's pretty much a given that he's going to jury.  It would be great if he said in his speech "Derrick, Frankie, it's been great working with y'all on Team America Missions"

I wish he would just call them each out on something.  He's already made little inuendos that he doesn't sleep all the time (suspected that) and that he hears things.  Donny knows exactly what is going on in that house (it's that Navy Seal Special Op's training no doubt)..  If he's still on the block Thursday it's pretty much a given that he's going to jury.  It would be great if he said in his speech "Derrick, Frankie, it's been great working with y'all on Team America Missions"

Yea, it would be nice if he brought TA out. It's time for it to be known. Considering that Derrick and Frankie let Zack, someone in their alliance, take the fall for the hide the hats mission might make the others think about where they stand with Derrick and Frankie.

Those in the BB fan base that see him as this year's ridiculously religiously supported 'nice guy' when in their view he's done very little. the most, truly see him as a boring floater brilliant tactician. Both groups have amazingly corrupted distorted views but both are certain that their perspective is rational and a true reflection of reality. Watching these groups flail about with perspectives that run counter to reality is one of the few interesting things left to watch in BB16.

I normally would not do that but this "the fans don't see how great Donny really is" diatribe is really getting old. The fans do not have to like Donny. They do not have to cheer for him. They do not have to hate the other players. And the fans do not have to make up excuses for why he's been on the bottom the whole game. It's BB and they are playing for half a million dollars. I expect people to employ all modes of strategy to make it to the end, including emotional, psychological, group think, shunning and deceitfulness. Donny hasn't been subjected to any treatment that hasn't already been done to other players in other seasons. In fact, considering he has been on the side of the opposition for the whole season, I would say his treatment has been better than the opposition in most seasons.

Does it suck for Donny and his fans that he ended up being left out of the BS. Yes. Was it wrong. NO. Luck of the draw is a fact of life in the BB house and in real life. Somehow you have to find a way to overcome your misfortune. Some times you do and some times you don't. But, fans don't have to feel sorry for you and hate everyone else just because real life or BB life has been unfair. Donny got a raw deal, but he has done a poor job of adapting to the situation and overcoming the odds. The game is not over and the odds are worst now than ever, if he can't overcome, he will go to the jury house just like everyone else that could not overcome. 

I think all the Donny fans would enjoy the season a lot more if they stuck to critiquing the game and not the fans.      

Well said, joystick. :cheers:

Some of it might have to do with donny coming to the house looking like someone from duck dynasty and sounding like gomer pyle.  We own a home in the mountains of western north carolina and even the mountain folks don't sound like that, particularly.  Not sure where he is from, specifically.  Some people like duck dynasty, some people hate duck dynasty.  Be that as it may and I leave it to the individual to question why they do or do not like donny.  He seems a really nice man to me and nice people seem in short shrift on reality shows so I find him refreshing; only to a point, to be honest here.  I have yet to read why exactly people here don't like him except for his game play or lack thereof.

I love Duck Dynasty. Have a crush on cute Willie with his dimples. I lived in North Carolina for 3 years as a child. I remember the beauty of the trees, flowers and birds.

Donny is a nice man. He has a wonderful loving family and a beautiful girlfriend. He has a good job and owns a home. He will go home to his wonderful life when this is over.

I would not mind at all if he won AF.  I realized over the years America doesn't vote on game play and it is what it is.

It is America's favorite period.